Personal Information Abuse

Started by 6.57 Crew, August 18, 2010, 23:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Quote from: blueboy on August 21, 2010, 20:21:43 PM
...If thats not the cause then it must be the atomic water everybody is exposed to thats firing everyone up, blame the yanks. :tiphat: 

I blame the weather myself...!   :lol:
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

jat

where was my email then Steve!! I would like the monthly email please :)

Annastasia

Quote from: 6.57 Crew on August 21, 2010, 19:36:36 PM
I think we should all take a step back and think about what is happening here, and why. This forum is too good to lose.

Edited by forum Moderators

By the way Johnnybikes and Annastasia, i live under a collection of rocks and stones which i call my house.
Perhaps now Annastasia would like to apologise to me for saying i have no guts

If it makes you feel better 6.57 crew I apologise to you for saying you had no guts obviously you have some

blueboy

I just wonder, how many forumeers out there, think that they are not !trouble makers!
It's easy to condemn others because their posts may seem a bit raw, but what about the clever posts that seem all sweet and sugary but bite just as hard, if not harder but polite, even pompous.
This forum started to go down hill about the time the help desk went political, some months ago.
If thats not the cause then it must be the atomic water everybody is exposed to thats firing everyone up, blame the yanks. :tiphat: 

6.57 Crew

I think we should all take a step back and think about what is happening here, and why.

Edited by forum Moderators

By the way Johnnybikes and Annastasia, i live under a collection of rocks and stones which i call my house.
Perhaps now Annastasia would like to apologise to me for saying i have no guts

HogRider

Quote from: Jason on August 20, 2010, 15:36:53 PM
Sorry Hogs - should I have signed that as 'Good King Jason' ?   :tiphat:

Certainly Your Maj ! But being the 'Boss' you can sign it anyway you like !:lol:

Hogs :tiphat:

Cuddlybill

Jonnybags,

Yes that is right and as you know it carries everything 2 x 2 so you & bluebouy are sorted......

off to try and get some water! :head
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

jonnybikes

Cuddlyboil

Is that why you are building your boat ?

I think we should be told

rt21

If the moderators make collective decisions then I don't personally see a problem in them having a collective username. If they  posted with tags of 1, 2 or 3 it wouldn't be too long before some started targeting them individually and the whole sorry saga would just continue

Richard

bobthelook

Quote from: lance on August 21, 2010, 11:38:00 AM
because the person posting was in England they are the ones you should be outing.
Just out of interest how do you know where people post from??  Personally I would always view recommendations with a healthy dose of skepticism unless I know the person  or from experience trust their views. :)
Malayan proverb - Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

jarick

They should be known as [u]moderater 1 or 2 etc.[/u] They are left open to personal abuse by the present method. The forum owner says they are doing a good job and he is the main man.

Yes agree with this as we feel so sorry for the moderators, who are doing a brilliant job. Up the forum, keep your chin up people an awful lot of us appreciate all you are doing.
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished. - Benjamin Franklin

Act  silly - it makes your brain cells giggle!

6.57 Crew

Quote from: Annastasia on August 20, 2010, 17:25:03 PM

I notice the person who instigated this thread has disappeared, did you post it to stir up trouble and cause grief? Well done you have achieved this and now I think you should apologise but I doubt it because you need guts to do this and you clearly have none

Firstly can i apologise for not posting earlier but personal circumstances at the moment dictate that i spend most of my time away from my computer.

Secondly i apologise for the accusation i made at the start of this thread about email addresses coming from this forum. It has been stated that it was got from another forum and i have seen that my address is visible there. I have a different name on this forum as my first preference (El Gordo) was already taken.

On the subject of pms, If you want it to be kept totally private, send your message by email. Don't trust anybody you are not sure about with your personal information/views. That argument could have been ended straight away by releasing a statement saying as such. and that the mods cannot read other peoples pms

Why are the mods on here using the same name to moderate and post their views? They should be known as moderater 1 or 2 etc. They are left open to personal abuse by the present method. The forum owner says they are doing a good job and he is the main man.

blueboy

Disgustin Cuddlybill :o I've neva done nuffink like dat before an I'm neva gonna do it agin :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cuddlybill

Bluebouy,

goodmorning...........did Jonnybags get it right. I heard you actually fell in and spent the rest of the day bobbing up and down on a bouy. When did they get the river/lake in the Blue Oyster ?..... :whistle: :whistle: :tiphat:
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

digifidd

Heavens, I'm off line for most of the day and all hell seems to have broken loose!! 

I'm sorry that Nicki and Judi have decided to pack it in.  Being a moderator is a thankless job and really difficult to get the balance right - but generally speaking, these two ladies have been evenhanded and kept the lowest of profiles by just allowing the threads to run, unless the topics have got out of hand or run their natural course, before stepping in and locking them.

Their dedication to the job should be commended.  I totally believe them when they say that they haven't and can't read members' personal mails.

I hope that they reconsider, however I can totally understand that they have been ground down by all of this and need space from Arbo Forumland for a while.

All the best to Judi and Nicki.

blueboy

Thats better jonnybikes, bit more like the old forum.
No chips Karen4, chucked him back in with a smile on his face, well I think it was his face :rofl: :rofl: 

jonnybikes

Are you sure that wasn't an 18st surgeon ? :rofl:

blueboy

Nicki
Sorry to see you go, I hope you change your mind, you can you know. Thanks for your help when I first joined the forum, or some time back, I can't remember when, but thanks anyway :tiphat:
Blueboy  

Karen4

An 18lb sturgeon?!?!?  I know it's "fish and chips" night but what I want to know is.....how many chips did you have with that?!!
Cl3880

blueboy

I think the only people who should be allowed on this forum 808, are those that only agree with my comments and support me no matter what I say. 808 Then there would be no reason to fall out because then we would all be happy and agree with one and other. :clap: :whistle:
What a happy place this would be, we could then post till the end of the world, in forum utopia.  :rofl:
Oh bliss, I could spell it how I like, could be red, blue, or anything I like. :crazy:
Elton John for PM, Nick Griffin for King, well you know what I mean. :rofl:
Oh well at least I had an 18lb sturgeon today. :tiphat: 

Geminis

Yes Scotty, if they have the means to do it and can be bother to spend their precious time in reading other peoples messages which are probably of no iterest to them at all. As you link has indicated, SM DO NOT supply the interface to do so.

I think it is now time to stop this ongoing saga for sanity's sake.
The "angelic duo"

Scotty

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=451.0

Anyone with access to the database can, if they choose to, read pms

Karen4

Look, having "a life" is no problem. Those who think that people on here have no life should perhaps go away and have their own life somewhere else! If you can't keep away from here then stop stirring the pot unnecessarily...what you are doing is showinig everyone here that YOU don't have a life! So, if you think you have better things to do then please go and do them!
Cl3880

Annastasia

Where in the gutter or under a stone?

tranquilo1

Or maybe they have a life..............

jonnybikes

Quite right Annastasia

They are all a bunch of wimps who have scuttled back underneath the rock from which they emerged

Annastasia

I agree get rid of the nasties phil and the mods do sterling work in their own time. Lets get this forum back on track after all we all like to use it. Back the Mods and hope they change their minds like I said do you really want an unknown quantity as moderator,

I notice the person who instigated this thread has disappeared, did you post it to stir up trouble and cause grief? Well done you have achieved this and now I think you should apologise but I doubt it because you need guts to do this and you clearly have none

emma123

I think you should get rid of the people on her that cause the problems, we ALL need this forum.. We also need good people like the moderators and Phil to keep things running smoothly..

Scotty

If "having a go" means asking a question, then I'm guilty as charged.

I don't like double standards and I notice that certain forumers love a ruck - it gives them an opportunity to hurl insults and use mildly "naughty" language - I am not aiming this at you Saffi, obviously

Whatever floats their boat I guess.

Saffi

Well I have seen you constantly have a go at Phil Scotty and you are one of the people who can be rathet insensitive in the way you present things......

No mod is going to get it right all the time but we know they do their very best as shown by the various options they tried out when things started to go downhill.  

I fully support Clare, Karen and all the others in saying de-list those who go overboard with being too personal, eventually the message will get out that this is a forum for polite debate not insults, personal agendas, games etc.....and there re ways of disagreeing intelligently......

Personally I am in favour of total transparency so I like the idea of the warning system so that we can then all see what is regarded as too OTT in terms of the way it is presented, leave the post on there but with Warned in red next to it....2 warnings and its 3rd strike you are out.  That way it is clear for everyone to see where the line ism no posts other than via pm to the moderator is allowed in ref to the warning,  and over time the warning system may be able to be withdrawn.  The other thing is it seems to me a lot of people are a bit too blunt when they´ve had a couple of beers etc......

I back the moderating team including Phil.

jonnybikes

Got my poop scoop ready

BRING ON THE TURDS

olly

6.57 Crew, you seem to have gone very quiet since stirring up all this bother.
Do you back the Moderators, or not?
I for one think they do a bloody good job, and if you don't back them, or trust them, or the administrator, then I suggest you leave, and let the rest of us to get on with it.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

Scotty

At least I don't throw personal insults around Johnny

I don't believe in grassing people up, simple as that.

If you read my post, it's clear that it's not an accusation I made

Engage your brain before you post.

jonnybikes

Scotty

So it is fair to make accusations but not fair to back them up with facts ?

YOU ARE A WIMP

Scotty

Who has actually upset Nicki?

I certainly haven't, and I'm certainly not backpeddling, nor am I naming names as it is unfair

There's a bullying mentality on here if people actually question (however politely) how things are done

For myself, please feel free to point out how I personally have upset some of the mods.