Baroness Thatcher has Died

Started by Elle Sid, April 08, 2013, 13:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King saint 76

Britain was the sick man of Europe when she took over, when she was ousted we were the 4th richest country in the world.
The unions were in total control and holding us back, she had the balls to stand up to the bullies.
The Falklands, is still the Falklands because of her.
Things that she did were not popular, but necessary. Made some mistakes along the way, but compared to the buffoons that followed she was a great leader.

sparkiemike

:wave

loved her, loved what she did, true lady balls.

R.I.P.

I'm going to hate the endless T.V. coverage of her life & times that's  going to ensue.

Politicians, fans, critics, sycophants, clergy,  they'll all be coming out of the wood work.

Mike

:tiphat:

Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

Keith

Do you feel the same about Hitler, Gadaffi, Sadam, Pinochet ?????

Who is the sad one, having a pop at some unknown person on the interweb, that's sad IMO.

I will take my leave now, off to get drunk !!!!

cg

well,well yes she sold council houses to the council tenant's, but what most people know is the councils that were forced to sell those houses did not get the revenue they generated, that went to central government.

Hence the reason most councils have very little revenue coming in from council tennents.

she clearly set out to break the minors union at any cost, and what a cost to people and there lives ,the list of her bad doings goes on and on.

lets at least be honest if it were not for the Falklands crisis ,she would have gone just before that.

Sorry but I feel no loss at all for her passing

gus-lopez

Yes, R.I.P

Can't see why the Falklands was  a 'war not needed' ? Admittedly She could have done things differently. Like used the nuclear option rather than the loss of life suffered , on both sides, because of  the Galtieri government . It is British & so entitled to protection.
The Argentinian claim has no grounds whatsoever , apart from the fact that they are close to Argentina. In the last 500+ years the Argentines have only ever claimed them when a fishing boat was wrecked on them, & only for 17 years. By Then they had already been claimed by the french, spanish, British & settled long ,long before.To say it was unnecessary is nonsense. The latter 'wars' in iraq 1&2 as well as elsewhere , yes they were uncalled for  & are & mostly based on lies & half-truths.

The unions , of which I was a paid up member when it was all 'closed shop', had it coming to them. The majority of the officials were only in it for themselves & using the workforce, who only wanted to earn a living, as political tools. They could have worked with the companies & government , like the German unions do, but didn't want to .Many , many union 'officials' only did it as a lot  were paid positions, they did it in working hours & a lot used it as a stepping stone into politics ; nabling them to ponce even more & rack it in like the majority of MP's. Very few were actually in it for the benefit of the workforce or the population.

lanky

What a sad person you are Keith. I'm glad I don't know you.

R.I.P Maggie.

Dilip

A FEARLESS and TIRELESS PM
Like her or Hate her...she made some tough calls and someone had to......she HAD BALLS and she was always in COMMAND........unlike the any present MP's.
A TRUE BRIT....... R.I.P. & respect

Keith

You don't have a clue about who or what I am.

Evil woman, through her orders murdered quite a few members of my family.

Elle Sid

Quote from: Keith on April 08, 2013, 16:23:35 PM
There will champagne corks popping in our house tonight.

You have every right to your opinion, and no one is forcing you to say you liked her, but to state that you are going to celebrate the death of anyone, particularly a sick old lady who has long been out of politics, says a lot about the sort of person you are.

Keith

There will champagne corks popping in our house tonight.

She was an evil woman.

Spanish Tangerine

No tears in this house, she was the worst thing that ever happened to the UK
Bobby

harmo

What terrible thing for ABRAHAM to say.

Duffs

Shorthouse: I'm with you all the way. The Country was sold out by Maggie in more ways than one. No tear shed here, but I still give my condolences to her family.

cornishcream

Sad news but she had become frail in recent years, but 87 years is a good age.

As for her political career, she was formidable and stood up for her country, pity there are not more politicans like her today.

RIP Baroness Thatcher     

Tonica

The only Lady i knew who had BALLS & didn't back down R.I.P Iron lady

recordman

Quote from: penfold on April 08, 2013, 13:52:30 PM
Probably the greatest Post War Prime Minister. She went a long way to making Britain Great again, sadly though her contemporaries have failed to do the same. Her greatest achievement in my view was to encourage property ownership throughout the UK with the sale of council housing to long term tenants. I often wonder how many of us currently living in Spain benefitted from being able to get that first step on the property ladder.
RIP.

Wholeheartedly agree

ABRAHAM

"Whatever ones feelings about Maggie ( personally thought her wonderful)  just  hope that those who have previously written of their hatred towards her on this forum will show some respect."
Why must we show respect for her. I personaly thought what she did for the UK was very bad and has led to the selfish society that exist in the UK today
I wish she had died 40 Years ago.
The only people who benefited from her were those who lived in the South East and probably those who bought their council houses.
People earn respect  she did not, just destroyed lives

shorthouse

let a woman run the country and she buggers it up.she stopped free school milk.sent boys to their deaths in the FAULKLANDS WAR.when it was not required.(my son went on H.M.S.YARMOUTH).got rid of the unions.ALSO TOOK THE IMPORT DUTY OFF ALL CHINESE IMPORTS.sold off north sea gas-oil. the worst prime minister we every had.I have see a few. sorry if I have upset THE BLUES.

bobthelook

Love her or hate her - she was an impressive woman and Prime Minister -  world class, with the courage to make important decisions - unlike recent PMs. 
Malayan proverb - Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

nibbler

So very sad. I had the privilege of spending an evening with her once when she was PM and she had a wonderful sense of humour and made me feel very comfortable.
R.I.P Baroness Thatcher. :(
Nibbler

JessicaH

Whatever ones feelings about Maggie ( personally thought her wonderful)  just  hope that those who have previously written of their hatred towards her on this forum will show some respect.

Lynne

You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Pompey Blue

Indeed she was, but did more good for the country than bad, unlike Bliar etc. RIP
Man cannot live by bread alone, there should be a beverage involved.

Tetley

Quote from: Elle Sid on April 08, 2013, 13:02:17 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22067155

A very controversial British figure, but someone who had conviction and guts.

RIP

Ditto   :(   :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Elle Sid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22067155

A very controversial British figure, but someone who had conviction and guts.

RIP