oleander problem

Started by beverley man, May 06, 2011, 15:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geminis

But is certainly fine for Oleander though sureley...
The "angelic duo"

Geminis

Have used the following with a great degree of success:

BAKING SODA SPRAY

Ingredients:
Makes 1 gallon
1 ½ tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp liquid soap
1 tsp Listerine (not mint flavour, just regular)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup (16tbsp) water
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 gallon un-chlorinated water
Pump sprayer (large)

To Make:
Mix the baking soda, soap, Listerine, and oil with 1 cup water.
Add the vinegar last so that the mix won't bubble over.
Pour the mixture into the sprayer and add 1 gallon water.
Shake to combine. Spray plants thoroughly.

This formulation may need to be reapplied after rain since it tends to wash off. One side benefit to the baking soda spray is that insects don't love it either!

Good luck!!!
The "angelic duo"

Mercurian

I've dug my oleander out now, but I used to have 3 which were covered in aphids every year.  I sprayed with soapy water and that did the trick.

amanda

Are the aphid eggs little tiny yellow things? because mine are covered in them, somebody said spray with washing up liquid??

mikeypen

We have used an insectide called "Dominex 10" , I cant remember the name of the place I got it , but it's on the same side of the road very close to Moira oil , the sell pet supply's and fertilizers etc to mainly commercial growers , fantastic stuff and it's a general purpose product so you can use it on ALL shrubs , fruit trees etc , it does work , as I have used it for 3 years now.
Hope that helps,
Mike

olly

I've read on the internet that if you spray insect eggs that they won't hatch, don't know if that works for live insects though, although, as Frankie says, it will eventually see them off.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

olly

Had similar problem with aphid eggs . My oleanders were full of them. Sprayed with Neem as you have, and not a one seems to have hatched yet. Hoping the Neem has done the trick, as it,s good stuff. Going to give them another spray in a week thoughjust to make sure. Hope it works for you with the spider mites.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

beverley man

help , my oleander has i think red spider mite its on two now and  i have just tried neem will that do the trick or is there something else. thanks peter sunrun
beverley man