Snow chains

Started by eric, January 13, 2011, 15:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casabonita

Hi
Thanks for tip but we are driving a normal car. Just had first go at putting them on, quite simple to do.

sylvester789

Please  Note

If you are driving a 4X4 you will need 16mm chains and i think that what they are offering are 9 mm :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

casabonita

Eric
Brought our snow chains today in Lorca, Almenara Parque 24.90 a set.

alfie

For all of those reading this in the UK - Think On!! - when you think about buyng/renting a house here, come in January not June! {Having said that, I've been reading outside in the warm sun all afternoon and my nose is slightly red!}

gus-lopez

Quote from: saint 76 on January 13, 2011, 17:59:50 PM
They  were only 28.80€ last year, bloody rip off merchants, i'll never buy my snow chains there again.

They were only 20 when I bought mine.  :rofl:  Joking aside, prices in Eroski's are not standard for all their outlets, they vary from store to store , even between the two here in Lorca.

mickychesnuts

Quote from: eric on January 13, 2011, 15:23:14 PM
Heading upto Sierra Nevada in a couple of weeks and i have been told i will need to carry some snow chains just incase it snows or the ploice stop me. Does anyone know where i can get some, also been told that i MIGHT be able to get them at a garage near the sierra's, but i dont want to take the risk if i can get them down this way. Never been up there so dont know!!

Just make sure you buy them before you go.. Once you get up the sierra nevada which you can normally without chains, you will have to pay double (around 50Euro) to get yourself back down.

King saint 76

They  were only 28.80€ last year, bloody rip off merchants, i'll never buy my snow chains there again.

casabonita

Hi Eric
We are off up there also on the 24th Jan.
We are off tomorrow to buy our snow chains from Eroski in Lorca.
They have all sizes and are 29 euro's.
This is the cheapest that we have found whlist we have been looking over the last few weeks.

Mark Oxley

You can buy them from the car parts shop opposite the BP Garage or you can buy them from the petrol station on the service road on the way to the ITV station or Meson De Irenes

Hope this helps

Becky
Mark Oxley
Cantoria

eric

Heading upto Sierra Nevada in a couple of weeks and i have been told i will need to carry some snow chains just incase it snows or the ploice stop me. Does anyone know where i can get some, also been told that i MIGHT be able to get them at a garage near the sierra's, but i dont want to take the risk if i can get them down this way. Never been up there so dont know!!