Advice please

Started by Hosm, June 04, 2013, 09:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gus-lopez

Quote from: ABRAHAM on June 04, 2013, 17:25:52 PM

The Spanish and now me do it in flip flops and live for the danger.

Otherwise known as 'Hawaiian' safety boots. :lol:

ABRAHAM

Buy a small cheap angle grinder you can get them for 20 euros
Make a template out of 2 pieces of wood clamp these to a surface large enough to take the tiles.
The gap in the wood template should be roughly the size of the cutting blade.
Place a spacer under the template to allow you to slide the tile under and away you go.
Or you can cut them free hand which when you have practiced on a few becomes quite easy.
Obviously wear good shoes and if you like some gloves oh and a mask.
The Spanish and now me do it in flip flops and live for the danger.
If you cant understand these instructions PM me and I will try and send a drawing

Hosm

Thanks for that. I do have a saw table and I never though of changing the wood blade for a tile cutting disc, I will give it a go

Optomist

I have a DIY circular saw wood table that you slide the wood across past the blade , not expensive and the table is only about a foot square and i replaced the wood cutting blade with a stone cutting disk and it works well , easier to handle than an angle grinder and you have better control over the cut as your using both hands to guide it through . If a lot the same size are required its easy to set the stop so they all come out the same .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

patsy

Hi depending on what tiles they are ceramic, marble, etc you need either tile cutter or wet wheel my husband is a tiler and we have a tile cutter but unfortunately we are not in Arboleas at the moment but in the UK other wise we may have been able to help.

Hosm

I have a large quantity of floor tiles to cut - 60 + , can anyone advise what to buy/use to cut these tiles

Many thanks