Is it an offence to use a phone while driving?

Started by webejamin, June 10, 2013, 10:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webejamin

Thanks mickychesnuts,  so now I know :tiphat:

mickychesnuts

Quote from: webejamin on June 10, 2013, 10:14:23 AM
I wonder if it is an offence to do this?

This picture is being passed around on Facebook..

webejamin

Quote from: Fickle on June 10, 2013, 19:00:26 PM
Only if the vehicle is in motion. The picture is hardly conclusive in that respect, so the answer is - it might be.
Webejamin - You need a blog or a political stirrers forum in the UK!
I don't need a blog, because I have a blat, well I did, but it died, but thanks for the good advice Fickle :tiphat:   

webejamin

Quote from: Cuddlybill on June 10, 2013, 17:59:32 PM
   " and they do have to dribe and speak on radios at the same time.."    should that read ' bribe'.................a little brown envelope for you officer..

CB.. :police:
Oooooh you are awful CB, but I like you  :rofl: I saw some coppers in the Blue Oyster on the blower the other night :whistle:

ColinC

Quote from: Cuddlybill on June 10, 2013, 17:59:32 PM
    " and they do have to dribe and speak on radios at the same time.."    should that read ' bribe'.................a little brown envelope for you officer..

should have been drive of course, the the other typo you suggest might be more appropriate here... :lol: :lol:

webejamin

Quote from: ColinC on June 10, 2013, 15:50:47 PM
This is a still from a YouTube clip. Driver is an actor and van is a prop!.....Not saying it doesn't happen, and they do have to dribe and speak on radios at the same time..but in this particular case it is not real..
Don't know where it came from ColinC, someone sent it to me  ;D mind you I can't find any link to YouTube :tiphat:

Fickle

Only if the vehicle is in motion. The picture is hardly conclusive in that respect, so the answer is - it might be.
Webejamin - You need a blog or a political stirrers forum in the UK!

Trucker

For the first THREE YEARS living near Cantoria the local Police 4x4 only had one rearlight...I thought..cor blimey (words to that effect) they very laid back here regarding the law...

Cuddlybill

" and they do have to dribe and speak on radios at the same time.."    should that read ' bribe'.................a little brown envelope for you officer..

The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

ColinC

This is a still from a YouTube clip. Driver is an actor and van is a prop!.....Not saying it doesn't happen, and they do have to dribe and speak on radios at the same time..but in this particular case it is not real..

Cielos

I regularly see the Guardia driving, chatting on their phone, as well as driving instructors - which is even more  :o :o :oworrying

CT

In the UK I once saw a policeman on a bicycle using a mobile - would that be an offence as presumably it could also be dangerous

byrney

Yes Webejamin - as I also suspect is taking a photo of someone using a phone whilst driving.  :clap:

ramblarider

Yes. It does apply.

They don't take official emergency calls via mobile 'phone, either.... was probably placing a take-out order for a curry.

CT

Perhaps this law does not apply to police officers answering an emergency ?

Sapper

Yes and if it was one of my shift he would get it it the neck big style

webejamin