Anyone in LosHiguerales

Started by APACHE, September 28, 2012, 19:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APACHE

Thanks all for feedback  ...all seems to be ok my neighbours have been in touch just wish id been there to see it all happening

Lesley and Pete

We are in Los Higuerales too.  A lot of water on Friday, but gradually drying out now and electricity etc was back in the early hours of yesterday.  Some mobile phones had no signal until late on Friday/early Saturday morning, although 3G phones seemed to be fine.  Our electricity and internet access were fully restored on Saturday morning about 1am and we have only suffered minor 'drop outs' since then.  Damage to sides of roads and to any roads that were only dirt tracks, plus we know of one house where an empty below ground water deposito has imploded creating a large hole in the garden.

If you have a house up on Sea View, it may be that phone contact was only restored during yesterday.  We have been passing information to friends from that part of the barriada who are currently abroad as they were unable to contact neighbours either.

Basically travel is possible with care.  The best road at the moment appears to be the route to Albox, with the only problem being the rambla which was getting very churned up yesterday, but was passable.  The route through Cucador appears not too bad, although yesterday it was not possible to travel along the main road through Los Carasoles as the bridge was damaged.  The mountain road to Arboleas is quite badly damaged, although apparently passable with care.

Lesley

terina

Hi we live in Los Higuerales, it was bad yesterday, but today we were able to drive to Albox with great care.    It doesnt seem that the houses are flooded the real damage is to the ramblas, but compared to a lot of places we are
fine now    phones and electric are now working

bongobob

Phones have been off,ours has just come back on.

APACHE

I would like some info on any flooding in Los Hig. I have tried to contact my neighbours but no reply and thats unusual.