Car Hire from Stansted

Started by Essex Girl, January 02, 2018, 13:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optomist

Quote from: Rod on January 03, 2018, 09:02:06 AM
If you don't know already they want all sorts of info off of you now, Utility bills etc.

When we booked our flights to Stansted we had a problem with that as we dont have and several companies refused us hire without proof of our address in Spain , got to the point that we offered to pay or ring fence the cost of a new car from our credit card as it seemed they were concerned that we could drive the vehicle back to Spain . Eventually through a lot of emails Hertz agreed to hire us a vehicle but said they would take £1500 from our credit cad and would need only to see our return flight tickets . The car was brand new and the service was good except for the guy checking us in when we arrived , he was very pushy at trying to upgrade us to bigger car then tried to charge us again for the additional driver which we had already paid for and even told us our zero liability policy didnt cover everything like glass so he could sell us their own , he hadn't even seen or policy or know who it was with , he was wrong but i think they must have quotas of incentive schemes to sell more .

We drooped the car off at 5.30am when they were closed and got on the shuttle and everything went smoothly and there were no spurious charges made to our Credit card later so we would recommend them despite the harmless attempts to bump up the costs at the outset .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

tandas

We wouldn't recommend Hertz we arrived at 1am without the paper counterpart when you needed it and they refused to give us a car and no refund either.  We went to Alamo and they gave us a car straight away no problem.

Rod

If you don't know already they want all sorts of info off of you now, Utility bills etc.

Essex Girl

Thank you all for your replies.  Looks like Enterprise win!  Being over 75 doesn't seem to be a problem.
A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he saw the less he spoke,
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Lynden

Hertz or Enterprise.....the cheaper ones at Stansted (affiliated to Europcar) are useless. Poor service.

Pennydot

I agree, always use Enterprise!  I am a member, so accumulate points and get free days!  :clap:

tintin

try enterprise car rental, I hire vans from them and agent said no upper limit
Mike

Essex Girl

I'm looking for recommendations for car hire out of Stansted.  My husband is now over 75, so not sure how much difference this makes.   Any suggestions?
A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he saw the less he spoke,
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?