Two questions about digital music...

Started by musicdonna, January 14, 2013, 08:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblarider

Donna,

You need to check a few things. First, run an internet speed test. Check your download speeds. If they are decent, that is not the problem. Another way to test is to listen to sample tracks via iTunes... of they play OK, again, it is not a connection issue.

If the speeds are OK, you need to look elsewhere for the problem. Do you have your purchase account set up correctly on iTunes, for example? It is very "fussy" about this. You need to be correctly logged in and your payment settings need to be right. If buying stuff from the UK store, it prefers a UK address and card... the Spanish store likewise prefers a Spanish address/card. You have not said at exactly which point your purchases/downloads fail. What exactly is it telling you?

I have heard of some (PC) anti-virus systems causing problems in addition.

I have no problems at all with it. Works perfectly. Never a glitch, even on multiple computers, and iPhone and iPad.

musicdonna

You´re right, Graeme, I wouldn´t. 

But I'm definitely adding to HMV´s problem by downloading mp3 files from itunes. rather than using a shop.. except I can't- hence the reason for beginning this thread!!

Donna

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Musicdonna,

read my post higher up the page for downloading music.

Fred.
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

musicdonna

I thought it sounded a bit too good to be true!

sheilsoft

Check out Wondershare Streaming Audio Recorder... records anything that plays through your soundcard. When used with Spotify it records hq mp3 files of all tracks played.

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Baz,  you of all people should know the only heavy metal I've been into was when I was a Welder ?
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

musicdonna

Thank you. I´m using Spotify to stream my music. and wouldn´t be without it, butecause it only streams, I thought I´d download the album from iTunes...!

bigbaz

u still listening to all that heavy metal sheriff?

The Sheriff ILLIA.

with Spotify  you can only stream music  not download.

If you use a program called  Listen2utube you can download any music track you can find on Utube - which means nearly every peice of music ever recorded
Fred Sheriff.

musicdonna

Thank you so much for all your help. I´ve passed the Spotify answer on to a friend, and have decided not to waste any more of my life on itunes!

Donna

sheilsoft

Donna,

The iTunes problems may very well be a Zurgena wifi issue, seems to be working ok on our Wimax system. Also, Spotify is absolutely fine here, both using the free version on our PC, and the £10 premium service and app for our iPad... Wouldn't be without it now!

G and T

Hi Donna, perhaps a Zurgena wifi problem? I am unable to download some music files too and skype calls are very bad at present. I wonder if it is because of the winds?

Connection at present seems so bad, a speed test doesn't even work.

Richard.

ramblarider

What precise problem, exactly?

PC? Mac? Operating System?

What is happening (or not) as the case may be?

musicdonna

... 1  I´m having trouble downloading music from itunes.  Any advice, please? 

...2   Is it possible to sign up for Spotify free version in Spain ?

Thank you,

Donna