Door keypad

Started by annef, December 10, 2013, 16:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRS SERVICES

Guzman is next door but 1 to Can Connect, from the back of Mercadona, head past Donna's hair dressers and keep going up that side of the road, past the chinese shop and in next block of shops it's on the corner with Red signs.
SRS Vehicle Services - 950 44 90 95
We repair all makes and models from family cars to high performance sports cars, MPVs, 4WDs and light commercial vehicles. Mechanical and Electrical diagnostics and repairs, clutch, exhaust, and suspension, through to ECU fault code reading and diagnostics.

annef

Thank you Colin for the very welcome advice, which I will certainly take into account.  I know where to come if I need more help!  :tiphat:

ColinC

Hi,

Be aware there are very different systems available, broadly split into 2 areas, mechanical or electronic. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

The higher end mechanical locks are more reliable than electronic, but beware some of the cheaper mechanical are only access control and very little security value, in fact some have a default operating number if the code is lost.

Electronic systems are a different kettle of fish, and they can be split into 2 main areas, battery operated and mains controlled. Most of the latter have the advatage of being able to be connected to the internet and therefore can be controlled remotely, and linked into a security system. Battery operated systems are cheaper but have issues with low battery, especially if there is no one there to change the battery if the unit indicates it is required.

On most electronic systems you have to bear in mind they are only "control" systems and can't be relied on as security (resisting attack) devices..

Hope that helps! Feel free to come an dspeak to me if you want to know more...

Colin

annef

Thank you for all the replies so far.  Could you tell me where Guzman is please?   :tiphat:

SRS SERVICES

SRS Vehicle Services - 950 44 90 95
We repair all makes and models from family cars to high performance sports cars, MPVs, 4WDs and light commercial vehicles. Mechanical and Electrical diagnostics and repairs, clutch, exhaust, and suspension, through to ECU fault code reading and diagnostics.

Lone Wolf

Raci in Vera they share the same office as Endesa, they are on the street before Iceland about 150 meters on the right sorry don't have number

trishtrosh

You could try Colin from "Cool Solutions" who advertises here on the forum. I'm sure he does wireless alarms etc so he may be able to help.
Trishtrosh

annef

Hi - Can anyone please tell me where you can buy a door keypad in this area, and also have it installed.  The door keypads are used to replace the front door key, & open the front door by entering a code.  I know they were used in the UK in the homes of people who are disabled or find it difficult to open the front door to visitors - it reduces the need to give out lots of spare keys and the code can be given to emergency services should access be required.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.   :tiphat: