Main Menu

Bolton Revival

Started by Bolton, July 02, 2021, 16:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolton

At last a win and a good win 1-4 away from home and that shoots us up to 7th in the table. Apparently it took a good telling off at half time. We were so lackadaisical that they were leading after 17mins, till we scored a goal on the stroke of half time. Then we came out in the second half, and blasted them with three more goals. We now have another home match on Saturday to Shrewsbury Town, for which I hope the telling off is still ringing in their ears. Another three points here would do us very well, so COYWM give me three more points.

Bolton

We fail again, I did hope that because we did better away than at home we might have a least got a point. But we failed ,at least we did give them a battering in the second half, and still failed to score. We also had two appeals for penalties turned down. We have only slipped one place down to ninth, so not too much lost there. Our next match is against Charlton Athletic away from home, they don't seem to be breaking  any pots, so lets hope we can get a win for a change. And as always its COYWM.

Dunedin

Quote from: Bolton on September 19, 2021, 13:25:49 PM
Now another turn around, last week we scored plenty away from home, this week we come unstuck and lost at home  0-2. Which has us dropping from third to eighth. What went wrong ??????  We were looking so good but !!!!!!!..Not a lot I can say about this except they scored two goals in three minutes in the first half !  Still it's on with the rest of the season and our endeavours to win. Our next match is  Sunderland Away. They are sitting at the top of the division at the moment, so I think we will find it very hard to win this one, but who knows. We seem to be struggling at home but find it easier to win away, so it's fingers crossed and a few prayers said before kick off. And of course we say COYWM.

You think Bolton has it bad. Hull City have gone from top of the Championship after never winning a game since and now at the bottom.

Bolton

Now another turn around, last week we scored plenty away from home, this week we come unstuck and lost at home  0-2. Which has us dropping from third to eighth. What went wrong ??????  We were looking so good but !!!!!!!..Not a lot I can say about this except they scored two goals in three minutes in the first half !  Still it's on with the rest of the season and our endeavours to win. Our next match is  Sunderland Away. They are sitting at the top of the division at the moment, so I think we will find it very hard to win this one, but who knows. We seem to be struggling at home but find it easier to win away, so it's fingers crossed and a few prayers said before kick off. And of course we say COYWM.

Bolton

What a turn around, couldn't score on Monday night against Burton , today score six , five for us and one for them .Won 5-2 with a brilliant display of football. We had four different goal scorers. Its the first time we have beaten Ipswich at their ground in 21 years , that's the second jinks we have crushed this season. Now its got to be onwards and upwards, the win put us in third place so, more wins like this and we could reach the top. Our next match is Rotherham at home, so one has got to look for another win. Unfortunately there was more racial abuse from the home fans. Its time people grew up and put things like this behind them there is no need for it. Anyway as I always say COYWM give us anther win.

Bolton

Well, the win in the last game did us no good, because in this game we couldn't score. We had 82%+ of possession, hammered their defence and couldn't score and when we did the linesman said it was off side. If you read the comments in the local newspaper all the comments read that they must of brought there own Ref. Burton are a very rough side, anything over grass height got fouled. We should have had a penalty at the end of the match for a push on one of our players. Plus to sum things up, they had three other players booked plus one sent off. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is their manager and he has a lot of work to do to get them into a footballing side. So for our next match, its Ipswich Town away, this I think is going to be an hard one, unless we can get the ball in the net, all our other work on the field is great its just that last important bit. So COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

I nearly missed this one, Bolton V Port Vale in the EFL Cup. It was played last night and Bolton won 3-2. Good for us. The report says that a good mixture of players were used, and subs as well. So all in all it was a good way back after Saturdays defeat, Now its on to next Mondays match 6th Sept, against Burton hopefully three points here for the league. So COYWM.

Bolton

I didn't get my wish for this one either, we lost again, therefore losing our unbeaten record. If you read all the stats Bolton had a good 76% of the game as regards possession but "they" scored the goal and that's what wins games. The boss says they were their own worst enemies in the first half and that's when the game was lost. Still it's onwards and upwards to the next league game as we play Burton at home and I really am hoping for three points . We have slipped down to 13th in the league and a win would put us back up there.  As I always say COYWM give us three more points.

Bolton

I didn't get my wish last night, yes we lost, but only on penalties. The boss said that the players he chose played their hearts out and gave everything. But alas alack we lost it on penalties 5-4. compared to winning the last round on penalties.  It's still ten years since we beat Wigan at Wigan. So on to the next match which is the league.  We play Cambridge United away, and I am hoping for three points here. I remember last season we beat them at the end which helped us to get the promotion. Plus it will keep our unbeaten run going (in the league). The boss says that they were a little disappointed losing but they will come out with all guns blazing as they say. So COYWM lets get back into winning ways.

Bolton

I got my wish, a home win and three more points in the bag Plus it still means we are unbeaten for the season so far. From what I have read and seen on video Oxford is a good side and were unbeaten also, until this match and they scored first, but there was a little dispute over a hand ball from the player who scored the goal. But who cares, we scored two. Now it's on to Bolton's next match which is on Tuesday against Wigan, which is only a hop skip and a jump down the road, as I used to work at Wigan College and travelled it every day. Well, I hope Wigan is ready for the onslaught as 7400 fans will be there from Bolton, they have taken up their full allocation.  This match can be classed as a local derby so it should be a good game. This is a cup match in the CARABAO cup and I must be honest, I hope they win, but I prefer wins in league matches.       
So as I always say COYWM give us another win.

Bolton

Yes, we are off and running, after 110 years we won at Lincoln for the first time, it was only a 1-0 win but it counted. It was our Captain that scored the goal. I know we have goal scorers a plenty in the team and our last years leading goal scorer is back fit and well after a bout of Covid. But no luck at all. From what I have read it was a tight game and it could have gone either way, but we prevailed and scored the goal to win it. Our next match is at home to Oxford Utd on Saturday, this I think will be a tough one, for all sorts of reasons. Bolton seem to struggle at the moment at home and Oxford will be no pushovers.  As I always say COYWM, give us three points from a home win.

Dunedin

Quote from: Bolton on August 15, 2021, 19:28:40 PM
I'm speechless on the result 3-1 up and finish with a draw. I only looked for the lastest score after half time and it made me feel good. Because I was expecting to lose.  It looks like the manager needs to look into his defence, he says he's bought well but there are a few holes there. We slipped from 7th place after the first match down to 14th and I am hoping this is not going to be the trend for the season. We have another league match on Tuesday evening and its away at Lincoln City. So come on lets have a win for a change. So COYWM.

You need to find another Nat Lofthouse. 😀😀

Bolton

I'm speechless on the result 3-1 up and finish with a draw. I only looked for the lastest score after half time and it made me feel good. Because I was expecting to lose.  It looks like the manager needs to look into his defence, he says he's bought well but there are a few holes there. We slipped from 7th place after the first match down to 14th and I am hoping this is not going to be the trend for the season. We have another league match on Tuesday evening and its away at Lincoln City. So come on lets have a win for a change. So COYWM.

Bolton

Yes we won one last night, even if it was on penalties, being 5-4 win for Bolton. Reading the write up we were slow and sluggish in the first half, but after the boss vented himself they played a lot better in the second half. And its the first time in three years we have got past the first round and it was a Championship side we beat. Good for Bolton. Now on Saturday its AFC Wimbledon, away from home, so its fingers crossed. So COYWM.

Dunedin

When I checked how Hull City were doing not long after they kicked off, I thought here we go again, 1 nil down allready. Checked back later and winning 4-1 and top of the Championship. 😆

Bolton

Well an unbeaten pre- season doesn't mean you get off to a winning start!. Must admit I'm a little disappointed, I was hoping for a winning start. At one stage I thought I would get it when we were leading 2-1, but MK Dons came back and led 3-2 till we pinched a last minute goal in the last kick of the extra 5 mins that were added on. Still the boss was pleased with a lot of the game but is looking for better things.  So the season has started and by Wednesday we are into a cup competition ,the CARABAO CUP, I'm not holding my breath for this one, I would rather they concentrated on the league but then if they are at home it brings a few pounds into the till. Next league match is AFC Wimbledon and it's away, just hoping that we carry on like last season and win a lot of games away from home. Keeping fingers crossed.  COYWM.

Bolton

Does an unbeaten pre-season guarantee a good start in the league? We finish with another draw of 2-2 against Blackburn meaning unbeaten in six pre-season games , admit that the level played against was low at times but as they say all good exercise and training. There's plenty of recent evidence to back up that theory This summer has been, notable for two things----- a distinct lack of drama compared to recent years, and the long awaited return of fans to live football of which it all kicks off this Saturday. I believe the club as topped over 10,000 season tickets so far before kick off . Lets hope for a top class start and keep us all very happy , so COYWM.

Bolton

Yes we do it yet again, 1-0 win against  lowly Chorley Town and he is over the moon. Say's everyone played well. Well we will have to see because he has another match arranged for Saturday against Blackburn Rovers, so the result will be everything to measure the pre season on. He has said that some players have come on really well after injury and some of the new players are fitting in well also. Me I will be looking at the league and were we stand in there by Xmas, The experts have said we will finish tenth by the end of the season and the bookies have us at 14/1 for promotion, So with just a week to go before the big kick off, Its COYWM don't let me down,

Bolton

Yes Bolton win another and its the managers old club of Barrow. Believe it or not but it was 1-0 and he was pleased this time he said the performance was very good. He did play a couple of players that hadn't had a game due to recovering from injury. But he was pleased , and now it's down to some hard graft ready for the season which starts on the 7th of August but its five matches he put in this season and not lost any yet. Lets hope the actual season kicks off in the same way, I am really looking forward to the first match against MK Dons, lets hope we kick off with a win. So COYWM.

Bolton

Hi Guys yet another game that has been squeezed in, to give the manager a better feeling as they won 1-0 against Preston North End. But he was a little disappointed for he was hoping for a greater win. He actually went back and reminded the players of the number of 1-0 wins they had last season to get promotion. He pointed out that they will have to do better in the coming season. He as also put extra strikers in the team hopefully to score more goals, although his main scorer from last season didn't play due to isolating because of Covid. So we will have to see if he arranges anymore games before the season starts.  So COYWM lets see a big improvement. !!!!!!

Bolton

Yes another game but not the best. They only managed a 1- 1 draw against FC United of Manchester who are only in the Northern league and if you listen hard enough you can still hear the manager tearing them off a strip. Apparently he was very upset at the performance because he was expecting a win. I will expect positions in the team will role for one or two players on this kind of performance. I don't know what the next match is or who they play, all I know is don't hold your breath on games like this but as I always say COYWM.     This is the first match that Bolton played it was against  Longridge  Town and they won 3-1.

Bolton

Hi guys as I said I want to keep you informed re the friendlies they play pre season. Well they had a game against Atherton Coll and won 4-0 but it took till the second half to score the first goal. But from the write up they took off from were they left off last season. And he gave nearly everyone a run out apart from two who were isolating due to Covid. Now the next match is against FC United, nice to see the games are getting a little harder so hopefully by the start of the season they will be on to things, and they get off to a good start Lets keep hoping that.

Bolton

Hi folks back already and as you can see a new name for the subject, it was suggested that because we obtained promotion
to Division One.  Well the fixtures are out so you can sit and peruse what is on for the season. The Bookies have put Bolton at 14/1 for promotion. If we finish like we ended last season it could be a reality. He managed to keep his best players from last season and he signed a few new ones so its looking interesting to say the least. I will try and keep you informed of any friendly matches till the season starts on the 7th of August with a home start against MK Dons. This I think will be a tough one, I just hope we don't start our season like last year.. So get ready for it, I know the Euro's have not finished yet and England is still in there but keep on bubbling ready for the new season.