Main Menu

Ronaldo

Started by Johnny73, November 14, 2022, 09:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny73

He just made history, the first player to score in 5 world cups.
Not bad for someone who couldent make the team at United.
But then United have so many superstars.

Angleseyite

If Man U and Liverpool go the same way as Newcastle and Man C et al then the English game will no longer be English and just a toy or trinket for rich Arab owners to display like deers heads on their palace walls while the true fans continue to pay through the noses.

It's not just these clubs that have very wealthy owners, the midland clubs and Southern clubs have extremely rich owners too, so I think it's the majority now..

Johnny73

timb

With the money coming in from Sky, BT and even Amazon now the wages at the higher levels of the game are sustainable. Add £80 for each of three kits and huge fan stores full of merchandise for sale at exorbitant prices and it’s easily topped up. If Man U and Liverpool go the same way as Newcastle and Man C et al then the English game will no longer be English and just a toy or trinket for rich Arab owners to display like deers heads on their palace walls while the true fans continue to pay through the noses.

Love live IPTV I say!

Johnny73

With Liverpool for sale  and now almost definitely United starting an exodus from these giant clubs are the daft wage structures finally catching up with them.
Ronaldo and others weekly wages are obsene and surely unsustainable. ??

lmj52

I don’t know much about football, but I rate Ronaldo. An awesome player over the years.
I do know about money and running businesses though, so this news is interesting.

The Glazers could finally be willing to end their 17-year ownership of Manchester United - following sustained pressure from fans.

Sky News claim the Americans are set to "formally announce" they are ready to look at outside investment that could include putting the club up for sale.

It's claimed the Glazers are consulting on a process that is " likely to include a full or partial sale, or strategic partnership with third parties".

Fans have long protested over the Glazers, insisting United's decline on the pitch is partly down to poor ownership off it.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

So Ronaldo got exactly what he wanted and contract cancelled  with MU.
He scored 145 goals for them but time MU bit the bullet and let him go.
Should have done that much earlier.   May be time he retired.

timb

What a shambles this once great club has become. In a knee jerk reaction to the fans protesting, Ronaldo was brought back to the club to quieten them down. Commercially it all made sense with shirt sales etc going through the roof but on the field and in the dressing room it didn’t, even though in the first year his impact on the field was good. I think he genuinely believed, as did many others at first, that he alone could bring success back to the club but soon realised that the problems were greater than one man could solve so sought to get out quickly before his reputation was tarnished further. Stupidly the club have dug their heels in which is to the benefit of nobody and they are just a laughing stock to all. No doubt they will spend another few hundred million on “average superstar” players to try and right this.

Who knows?? Could Pogba be on his way back for a third time for a big fee?

Johnny73

Nothing to do with money. They wouldn't let him leave before the season started then they don't play him.
Would have been sensible to let him go then. He has been a great asset to MU over the years.
As Roy Keane would say the Board and this manager are muppets as results have proved.
Ad I said love him or hate him just do the right thing.

Angleseyite

Quote from: owdoggy on November 14, 2022, 15:10:55 PM
Quote from: Johnny73 on November 14, 2022, 09:28:03 AM
After his interview with Piers Morgan Ronaldo effectively gave in his notice to quit United.
A sad end for one amongst the   greatest players I have seen.
United are still a mess and need a new board sooner than later.
Love him or hate him he was shabbily treated recently

If I was getting paid £515,385-per-week they could treat me as shabbily as they liked  :grin: :grin:

Doggy

I don't know how he manages'  :grin: :grin:

owdoggy

Quote from: Johnny73 on November 14, 2022, 09:28:03 AM
After his interview with Piers Morgan Ronaldo effectively gave in his notice to quit United.

If I was getting paid £515,385-per-week they could treat me as shabbily as they liked  :grin: :grin:

Doggy

Johnny73