waterproofing for stone cladding

Started by mustang, April 03, 2018, 17:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macc

SIKAGUARD 711 ES is a very good waterproofer, and allows the wall, brickwork, or cladding to breath. 30 euro or there abouts for 5 litres. Leroy Merlin stock it, and Belzunces in Huercal Overa.

Optomist

Cladding with stone or tiles used to be to hide rising damp or to reduce maintenance , for that reason i would be more inclined to use something that was water resistant rather then water proof so the walls were still allowed to breath , something like ,  drat for the life of me i cant remember its name , will have to come back and amend this when my other brain cell kicks in

:93:
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

mustang

mustang

Hi COOPERSCASA, I think that is what I need, The other stuff worked out too dear as I needed two tins. Can you tell me where to get the Linseed oil Regards.

cooperscasa

try linseed oil.
i used it for years.
smells a bit at first but goes away after a while.brings all the colours out in the cladding.
12 euros for 5 litres
phil bill

hank

I got some from Supinbox some years ago.
80€ odd for a 5 litre tin. Works very well.
If I had to live my life over, I'd live it over a pub.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

mustang

Hi can anyone recommend what type and where to buy tin waterproofing liquid to paint onto the stone cladding around the  bottom of my property. Many years ago use to get from paint store in vera near to wok buffet . then it was exspensive. Many thanks for advise.