OPEN-FIRE BBQ'D SARDINES

Started by harley 2000, July 18, 2013, 12:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

As a lover of open-fire sardines, I have tried most places on the Playa, and I fully agree Harley, the Ankara ones take some beating.

harley 2000

Went to Ankara today and finally had my sardines - they were absolutely delicious and savoured every morsel.

laurence24

Hi, Ankara is fab, husband loves sardines, we have been there several time, and the salads are great as well,

seren

As said in previous posts Neptuno cook the sardines that you are looking for also Ankara Bar which is further up the Playa passing the red cross building on the beach side opposite Moma.

annef

Hi - various chiringuitos do these at times.  Look for the word 'espetos' on their signs - this is the sardine on a stick cooked on a fire.  :tiphat:

nibbler

I concur. Neptuno do the most fantastic sardines. Done over an open fire in a boat. The rest of their food is fantastic as well. Not cheap but well worth it.
Nibbler :tiphat:

MELEE

going along the playa with the sea on your right, there is a place on beach side, well past the parque commercial and just before a newish roundabout which has  a dead end left turn and newbuild apartments - think it is called Neptuno - but PLEASE don't quote me.   Have passed it a milion times but never took much notice as don't like sardines.   Hope you find it - and enjoy!

harley 2000

Does anybody have any suggestions whereabouts in Mojacar you can get sardines that are cooked on a stick on an outside bbq? Just keep craving these!!!