sky coverage

Started by everset, November 07, 2012, 16:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olive25

First of all there is no one that has any knowledge of what is going to happen even SES astra themselves , however there is speculation, beware of new kids on the block when & if this does happen.

Gary

Professional Satellite ENGINEER

mbit66

Yes it is true that the replacement satellite (Astra 2F) was launched 28th september to replace the old one (Astra 2D) and that signal here will be greatly reduced. there will of course be ways around it very shortly after the changes if not before. They do not take expats into consideration because they are not aloud a subscription outside of the UK anyway and any company selling them is technically against the terms of the sky contract and they can cut them at any time.
If I here of exactly what changes will need to be made and when I will post here for everybody to check out.

Mike
sunrun

everset

Hi
today i heard that sky have launched a new satellite with uk footprint and closing the existing satellite that covers europe, if this is true is there any other options regarding uk channels. i wonder how much revenue they will lose with all the expats all over europe.
everset