sky coverage

Started by everset, November 07, 2012, 16:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eurosatwiz

Quote from: Blue Moon on December 04, 2012, 18:19:00 PM
This afternoon my Channel 5, 5* and 5 USA were breaking up, but now they are working perfectly again. What's going on?
The signal fluctuates during the day and always has
But now it's weaker it will be more visible on certain channles
Most dishes in the area are like living on the edge
I have no doubt in the near future we will have to increase the size of dishes
Upgrade now and avoid problems over Xmas and the mad rush
For bigger dishes
Advice is free

Blue Moon

This afternoon my Channel 5, 5* and 5 USA were breaking up, but now they are working perfectly again. What's going on?

Rod

Have been told that the Sky channels will remain as they are on the old satellite?

Optomist

Quote from: eurosatwiz on December 04, 2012, 10:24:28 AM

I personally think we are still on Astra 1N
But there is no sure way to tell

There is by using a box that displays the source but its easier for us to wait for you experts to tell us than spend an hour under the units swapping our Humax over to our old Echostar but your welcome to borrow ours if you want to do it yourself , can have it in Albox tomorrow , just post the results .Used to say Astra 2b , Eurobird , Hotbird or Astra 1a so the source must be sent with the signal .Not sure if i remembered all the names correct been a couple of years since we used it for anything more than aligning friends dishes .

Quote from: anneck on December 04, 2012, 16:17:05 PM
all channels working inc all HD via a 1.9m portugues dish, zurgena area. phew!

The important info needed is where are you getting them from , is it Astra F or are you getting them from Astra N which we are all getting still for the most part anyway .

If you are getting the frequencies 10.964 H, 10.994 H, 11.052 H, and 11.126 V then there from " F " If they are then that narrows it down a little bit , wont need 2m or 2.4 unkess you have a high gain dish . :clap:
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

anneck

all channels working inc all HD via a 1.9m portugues dish, zurgena area. phew!

Optomist

Quote from: LAB on December 04, 2012, 15:24:11 PM
hi, ive tried to read all the posts on here, but some of them keep shooting over my head. We have a sky+ box and a biggish dish. We appear to have all the channels still, so does that mean we are ok?

Im in Rambla de Oria area

Thanks

No one is sure , thats what were all waiting to find out as many it appears are still coming from the same Astra that they were yesterday Astra N . We wont know until its switched off what we ill be getting from the new Astra F.

Taken from   http://robssatellitetv.webs.com/astra2freceptionreports.htm
The new activated 2F Frequencies of 10.964 H, 10.994 H, 11.052 H, and 11.126 V as well as the long time 2F Frequency of 11.023 H

No signal at all on the only one listed in the manual tune on a Humax box , strange none of the other 4 are even listed .

L.A Beauty

hi, ive tried to read all the posts on here, but some of them keep shooting over my head. We have a sky+ box and a biggish dish. We appear to have all the channels still, so does that mean we are ok?

Im in Rambla de Oria area

Thanks

Norm2

On a related matter. We bring with us to Arboleas our Sky plus HD multi room box. We normally just connect up the box to the dish cable and TV - switch on - and we receive all the Sky TV channels ( incl all BBC/ITV/ch4 etc)  excluding films which are not included in our package. We will be travelling over for New Year - and with all these frequency changes - does this present us with any more of a problem on arrival and what about when we return back to the UK. Again usually plug and play back in the UK so to speak. Like everyone else do we just hope that our dishin Spain is the appropriate size and just plug in as before?

satellitedave

Quote from: Bramblator on December 04, 2012, 13:31:56 PM
Hi

I don't know why but all of the "5" channels have almost disappeared, (certainly unwatchable), on my sky TV

Can anyone tell me how to recover them please?

Many thanks for any replies

Caroline

Once everything has settled down there MAY be alternative frequencies to use. These will be discovered, and no doubt published, in the fullness of time.

Dave
www.tellynet.es Television via Internet / VPN service  628607778 - email info@tellynet.es

satellitedave

Quote from: dafydd51 on December 04, 2012, 13:40:54 PM
Humax box working OK, but have lost CH5, 5USA and some HD channels. the sky box however coming off the same dish is totally out, can't get into the installer menu but can set the frequency, can somebody post what it should be set at.

Dave  

To access the installer menu of a standard Sky box....

Press "Services" on the remote
Then press "401 Select"

Dave if you are unable to access the installer menu and you say you are able to change the frequency? It may be that you are able to change it in "Add Channels". This will be of no use if you are trying to set the default transponder setting.

Dave
www.tellynet.es Television via Internet / VPN service  628607778 - email info@tellynet.es

eurosatwiz

Hi dave
Set default transponder to 12051
Advice is free

dafydd51

Humax box working OK, but have lost CH5, 5USA and some HD channels. the sky box however coming off the same dish is totally out, can't get into the installer menu but can set the frequency, can somebody post what it should be set at.

Dave 

freddie

If you look for the sky post on here it tells you about the new satellite that is affecting the channels, we have lost certain channels as well.  :wave :wave

Bramblator

Hi

I don't know why but all of the "5" channels have almost disappeared, (certainly unwatchable), on my sky TV

Can anyone tell me how to recover them please?

Many thanks for any replies

Caroline

Blue Moon

All of my Channel 5's , +1 , USA etc are breaking up. Everything else seems OK. I think that my dish is about 1.2 metre and I am situated in Vera.

Optomist

11.053 has 6 channels on it with good strength and quality on a Channel Master 1.2  and it iS Astra F . It seems to me that all the other channels we are getting are the same Astra as yesterday 11.773 for example is showing with a strong signal and that is  Astra N so its still broadcasting from its normal transponders , we will have to wait until its switched off and only Astra F it operating to see what we get then . Reports of 5and some others breaking up is probably down to the signal being reduced on Astra N prior to being switched off altogether and being sent from only from Astra F , i dont think we are getting them From Astra F here although they could well be in the UK .

What a disappointment , a case of Premature Exhilaration  :whistle:

rt21

This is all incredibly techie. I think we need someone like Steve (Tetley) to put it into plain english for us all :D

Richard

gus-lopez

My box is showing the
C4 as astra2a/2b/2d on 10714/22000/h
c4+1 is  """"                  10729/22000/v
C5 through to 5usa+1 are all astra 2a/2b/2d & on 10964/22000/h
itv1 hd is there as well. I can't see anything that is missing.

eurosatwiz

Quote from: Rod on December 04, 2012, 11:07:22 AM
"I personally think we are still on Astra 1N"

All the channels mentioned as having moved today, that is Ch.4HD and various ITV regions are now not available to me. I have tried all the regions on my Openbox, no signal, tried Ch.4HD and 4/7 on my Humax, no signal. No reason they should disappear as they were there yesterday, they must have been moved.
Hi rod
That sounds very strange what dish are you using ?
Channel master 1.2 are not very good performers
& it's been posted today that reception is good on one of these so you should not see anything different

Advice is free

Rod

"I personally think we are still on Astra 1N"

All the channels mentioned as having moved today, that is Ch.4HD and various ITV regions are now not available to me. I have tried all the regions on my Openbox, no signal, tried Ch.4HD and 4/7 on my Humax, no signal. No reason they should disappear as they were there yesterday, they must have been moved.

eurosatwiz

Quote from: freddie on December 04, 2012, 10:33:41 AM
Thank for replies to my post, much appreciated. :wave :wave
Sorry Freddi
Didn't see it but
You should not at present have any problems
Advice is free

freddie

Thank for replies to my post, much appreciated. :wave :wave

eurosatwiz

Below is the Official link to ses Astra Facebook
Can't see any recent reports or conformation about channles moved etc
I personally think we are still on Astra 1N
But there is no sure way to tell

http://m.facebook.com/SES.YourSatelliteCompany?id=257596920939162&_rdr
Advice is free

eurosatwiz

Reception update
The 2 BBC hd channels that where on test
The signal is a little stronger from 86% - now 88% on a 1.8
And I can not see any noticeable change or drop in signal from the channels that have Supposedly been moved
Nor can I see any duplicated channels
Usually they duplicate the channels to the new satellite and then switch off on the original
This is what happened when astra 1N replaced the old satellite
Indicating to me that either they have changed the way they do things
Or these channels are still on Astra 1N
Tested on a 1.25 gibertini dish using sky box
And dm500 , open box
The only channel not being picked up is chan 4 HD on the 1.25 dish but that could just be time of day
So even I am confused lol
Advice is free

satellitedave

Quote from: eurosatwiz on December 04, 2012, 09:06:20 AM
Quote from: satellitedave on December 04, 2012, 08:40:25 AM
Remember size is not always important. (when it comes to satellite dishes anyway  :whistle:)

The quality and construction of the dish plus lnb choice should be considered too.

For example, I have found that the Gibertini 1.25 performs better than the 1.5. Also an off-set dish performs better than a larger a prime focus.

Reception Report

I'm near Oria and SO FAR apart from no Ch5 first thing (now returned) no problems to report from a 1.25 dish. Let's see how the day progresses.

Dave
Hi dave
Don't mean to rain on your parade but you are not totally correct
The new 1.5 gibertini I agree are not very good but the old original ones are brilliant
And comparing offset & prime focus dishes if you look at the gain of a 1.8 channel  master & 1.8 prime focus dishes you will see that the gain (signal strength ) is much higher on the prime focus
This is based on data from the manufactures website

Sorry my Data is based on practical experience with my spectrum analyser. You know and I know that we cant always rely on manufactures data sheets. It can, very often, depend on their bench mark tests in ideal conditions. We we get down to actually installing a dish, local conditions and such like can throw a spanner into the works.

Dave

byrney

Hey folks look on the bright side.

WHEN our TV channels all disappear we can go and sit in the pub with our satellite wizzards and they can explain the complexities of dishes, coverage etc.

CanĀ“t wait...........

satellitedave

Quote from: mikeypen on December 04, 2012, 09:03:14 AM
Freddie ,

It's a fair chance that BBC3 & BBC4 are not transmitting at this time of the day anyway , so fingers crossed  ??? , we have lost channel 4 HD but normal channel 4 is OK  :head

During the day, CBBC & CBEEBIES is transmitted on the BBC3 & 4 transponders (or used to be)

Dave

eurosatwiz

Quote from: satellitedave on December 04, 2012, 08:40:25 AM
Remember size is not always important. (when it comes to satellite dishes anyway  :whistle:)

The quality and construction of the dish plus lnb choice should be considered too.

For example, I have found that the Gibertini 1.25 performs better than the 1.5. Also an off-set dish performs better than a larger a prime focus.

Reception Report

I'm near Oria and SO FAR apart from no Ch5 first thing (now returned) no problems to report from a 1.25 dish. Let's see how the day progresses.

Dave
Hi dave
Don't mean to rain on your parade but you are not totally correct
The new 1.5 gibertini I agree are not very good but the old original ones are brilliant
And comparing offset & prime focus dishes if you look at the gain of a 1.8 channel  master & 1.8 prime focus dishes you will see that the gain (signal strength ) is much higher on the prime focus
This is based on data from the manufactures website
Advice is free

Optomist

Quote from: mikeypen on December 04, 2012, 09:03:14 AM
Freddie ,

It's a fair chance that BBC3 & BBC4 are not transmitting at this time of the day anyway , so fingers crossed  ??? , we have lost channel 4 HD but normal channel 4 is OK  :head

Yes of course we dont get either of then this time of day anyway , we get the message showing at the moment so thats probably the reason for those channels not broadcasting ,

Can any  of the TV guys say for certain that the old Astra that we were getting the signal from yesterday is not still working and that the signal we appear to be getting now is actually from the New Astra F , if it is then we dont have anything to worry about .

We have in the garage an ECHOSTAR box with a built in audio and visual dish aligning meter which is why we held on to it , it used to display the source of each channel , was normally Astra 2 or Eurobird , if anyone has something similar that displays the source and has perfect reception then we would know where its coming from .

Cant find the website for BOBs articles and reports on who is getting it and on what disk size and the other site all the markers for Spain have been removed .This one ....
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=215201319514912678957.0004cf1bce058be05fce1&msa=0&ll=45.614037,11.513672&spn=23.549153,39.506836

Would also be good to have an up to date Footprint of Astra F as it may have been widened as i read Scotland and another region Ireland i think were geting poor reception on the test signal , the reason for the changeover being put off for a week while they sort it out , may be thats benefited us also .What is clear is that we appear to be getting far more than we all expected so would be good to know why so we can relax a bit .

mikeypen

Freddie ,

antatoo

Quote from: mikeypen on December 04, 2012, 08:31:51 AM
Lost channel 4HD  :head , but have still got normal channel 4  :clap: Alfoquia area.

We've stil got 4HD Mike  ???
Can't see anything else missing so far (fingers crossed)
Laura

satellitedave

Quote from: freddie on December 04, 2012, 08:49:59 AM
We have lost channel 5 and 5.1 plus bbc 3 & 4, we are in La Perla, so far all the other channels are there. any likelihood of the ones we have lost returning?

We will have to wait and see Freddie. It may be that some of us may get away with a little tweak and some of us will need new, and possibly, bigger dishes to improve reception. This all depends on your location and current equipment.

We all need to just wait until 2F has settled down or should I say up  ;).

Dave

freddie

We have lost channel 5 and 5.1 plus bbc 3 & 4, we are in La Perla, so far all the other channels are there. any likelihood of the ones we have lost returning?

satellitedave

Reception Report

Dave

Rod

Ch.5 etc. breaking up on my 1.2 dish, Humax digibox. No Ch.4HD but getting Ch.5HD on my Openbox.