sky coverage

Started by everset, November 07, 2012, 16:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optomist

Just looking now and we have got everything except BBC4 and channel 5 but channel 5+1 is ok , normal sound and picture on all of them .

1.2 Chanel Master

Checked signal and quality all showing between 85% and 100% , this is really weird its as good if not better than it was before ,even HD channels are still good so we can live with the loss of a couple of channels we dont watch anyway , even HD channels are still good .Channel 5 is breaking up very slightly occasionally , Noddy is being broadcast at the moment , hopefully it will be repeated  .

I hope someone knows where were getting it all from unless there still being sent from the same satalight as yesterday as well as Astra F
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

mikeypen

Lost channel 4HD  :head , but have still got normal channel 4  :clap: Alfoquia area.

eurosatwiz

Quote from: Griffin81 on December 04, 2012, 07:58:44 AM
Hi Gary

Just checked the channels your mentioned and no reception.

I'm getting a 'Technical faulty-----------' message.

I have a 1.5m dish (I think, it could be bigger maybe certainly not a 1.2/1.3m) - is it possible to adjust the dish/LNB to get these channels, in particular 5 USA 5*, ch5??? or should I just wait and see what happens?

If you send me a picture of your dish I should be able
To tell you the size and make
And after reading about reception on a 1.2 channel master
Which Is pretty amazing Maybe a wee tweak of the dish could make it better
Advice is free

gus-lopez

I checked mine just now & still have all the 5's & 4's & all still showing as on 10.964.That's on a channelmaster 1,2m with an Amiko Alien  box. :clap:  Lets just hope they stay there 'till I've time to watch. :lol:

eurosatwiz

No adjustment of dish or lnb will fix this
Best to wait as signal could change
Advice is free

CT

You will continue to get most of the channels you had before - the BBC channels, ITV1,C4,C5 and RTE are the
ones in doubt. ITV2,3,4 will continue.If you still have all those UK channels by this time tomorrow morning then you
are in luck !
The switch  took place at 0450 CET and there are reports from various places of no problems although signal lost in
Livorno, Italy but could be local weather conditions.

rozzieb

Don't celebrate TOO soon, the day is not over yet !!!

ES

OMG - I think my Freesat must be broken!

I am still getting all the channels and Sky News etc. 

OR  Were all the soothsayers and doom and gloom merchants WRONG?   ;) :tiphat: :rofl:
ES

olive25

These channels will be should missing on 1.2-1.3m dishes.

11.023 H, SR 23.000 FEC 2/3 DVB-S2 *PSK "8901" and "8911" (BBC 1 HD's) already there

10.964 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (CH5/5USA/5*/Channel 5+1),

10.994 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (ITV 1 Granada HD/ITV 1 Central South West SD/ITV 1 Anglia West SD/ITV 1 Meridian North SD/ITV 1 Yorkshire East SD/ITV 1+1 Yorkshire SD),

11.052 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (ITV 1 Central South SD/ITV 1 Central East SD/ITV 1+1 Wales SD/ITV 1+1 Westcountry SD/ITV 1+1 Tyne Tees SD),

11.126 V SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (Channel 4 HD/4Seven SD)

CT

Astra now saying C4,C5 and some ITV regions will move on Tuesday. It is understood BBC channels will stay on 1N for the forseeable future, until 2E is launched next year.

DONK

Just a thought when sky went digital yonks ago they said your big sky dish and analog receiver would be useless as the satellite is being blown up.Everyone then got small dishes and digiboxes to carry on watching. I still got my big dish and my analog receiver and watch all the old stations RTL euro sport +++.So perhaps we will all still be watching from the old satellite for yonks to come !!!!!

guest4538

Quote from: APY2 on December 01, 2012, 07:55:39 AM

RESULT......

No Signal What so ever being received for BBC on the Frequencies given for Astra 2f .

A very helpful report, but unfortunately not a good sign. Let's hope that the signal is given a boost at switchover.

Manual tuning requires detailed input about the signal. An alternative is to do an auto re-tune of the 'non-freesat' channels on Freesat. Then search your 'non-freesat' channel list. If you are receiving the Astra2F signal, you will see two channels with the obscure names of '8901' and '8911', which are both BBC1HD (I believe one of them is the Northern Ireland version).

Quote from: CT on December 01, 2012, 11:26:05 AM
There's a suggestion on another web site that there's a problem with the beam and BBC services may not transfer !

I'm receiving both in the UK with 100% signal strength!

CT

There's a suggestion on another web site that there's a problem with the beam and BBC services may not transfer !

Optomist

I have tried to find the signal on our equipment and here is the information which may give an indication to TV engineers  ...

Area is up in the hills half way between Albox and Taberno

Channel Master 1.2 Dish  Alignment and Skew spot on , always had all channels including the 5s , no pixelation or break up during bad weather .

Twin general purpose L&b bought from Digi Albox 2 years ago

Humax Freesat Foxsat 500gb , working perfectly , can record 2 channels while watching 3rd

RESULT......

No Signal What so ever being received for BBC on the Frequencies given for Astra 2f .

guest4538

Quote from: APY2 on November 30, 2012, 20:45:58 PM
Very strange , if BBC ( tp 2.061) has been migrated then why are we still receiving it and why do they say " Channel 5 (Tp 2.057), ITV (2.059 & 2.063) and Channel 4 (Tp 2.068) will move to Astra 2F next Tuesday. This will then mark the completion of the transfer " What about all the other channels or do they mean those just listed will be the final ones following the transfer of all the others .

You can read about it directly from Rob's site - http://robssatellitetv.webs.com/astra2f.htm

They haven't migrated! It's just an imprecise use of English! All channels are still being broadcast from Astra1N, and some are duplicated on Astra2F...

PS. Incidentally you can check out the signal strength for yourselves before the switchover. On Freesat receivers: Astra2F versions of BBC1HD (and any other programmes which have now been set up) can be found under 'non-Freesat' channels, assuming the signal is strong enough!

Optomist

Quote from: olive25 on November 30, 2012, 20:16:37 PM
Maybe something maybe not , but having tried to keep a dignified silence until we really know here is some info.

This is not direct from me but another site.

SES Thank you for your interest in ASTRA 2F. Services are currently being transferred to ASTRA 2F. BBC (Trp 2.061) has been migrated to Astra 2F whereas Channel 5 (Tp 2.057), ITV (2.059 & 2.063) and Channel 4 (Tp 2.068) will move to Astra 2F next Tuesday. This will then mark the completion of the transfer.

This bit of info has been passed on from an expert who i believe knows what he is doing but some could say that is open to speculation.

ON tuesday we shall see.

Gary  

Satellite tv ENGINEER

Very strange , if BBC ( tp 2.061) has been migrated then why are we still receiving it and why do they say " Channel 5 (Tp 2.057), ITV (2.059 & 2.063) and Channel 4 (Tp 2.068) will move to Astra 2F next Tuesday. This will then mark the completion of the transfer " What about all the other channels or do they mean those just listed will be the final ones following the transfer of all the others .

olive25

Maybe something maybe not , but having tried to keep a dignified silence until we really know here is some info.

This is not direct from me but another site.

SES Thank you for your interest in ASTRA 2F. Services are currently being transferred to ASTRA 2F. BBC (Trp 2.061) has been migrated to Astra 2F whereas Channel 5 (Tp 2.057), ITV (2.059 & 2.063) and Channel 4 (Tp 2.068) will move to Astra 2F next Tuesday. This will then mark the completion of the transfer.

This bit of info has been passed on from an expert who i believe knows what he is doing but some could say that is open to speculation.

ON tuesday we shall see.

Gary 

Satellite tv ENGINEER

guest4538

Quote from: satellitedave on November 30, 2012, 15:39:37 PM

Yes you're missing CHOICE and these at the very least :-

UK Gold
Discovery
History Channel
Sky Atlantic
Sky 1
Sky 2
MTV
VH1
Sky Arts
Watch
Dave
Aliby
TCM 1 & 2
SyFy

I PERSONALLY am happy to pay for the extra choices  :tongue:. But if it goes it goes.

Dave

I've a feeling that these channels (ie the ones for which you pay), are not on the UK spot beam: therefore you should still receive them when the transfer to Astra 2F is fully operational...

satellitedave

Quote from: Chisme on November 30, 2012, 10:10:15 AM
Quote from: satellitedave on November 30, 2012, 07:56:38 AM
I pay about £23 per month for the Sky variety pack plus Sky Plus and personally I feel it is good value for money for my personal viewing requirements as I get some many more channels to choose from although I have to say that there a lot rubbish there too and I also have to admit that I, on the whole, watch non Sky channels. I'm not interested in movies or sport and would not pay those prices that's for sure.
I wouldn't miss "Sky" channels so much but I would hate to be without the BBC's etc.
Dave

Am I missing something here?

Why would you pay monthly for a 'Sky' package when you're not interested in either sport or movies, and mainly watch the free-to-air channels?

Yes you're missing CHOICE and these at the very least :-

UK Gold
Discovery
History Channel
Sky Atlantic
Sky 1
Sky 2
MTV
VH1
Sky Arts
Watch
Dave
Aliby
TCM 1 & 2
SyFy

I PERSONALLY am happy to pay for the extra choices  :tongue:. But if it goes it goes.

Dave
www.tellynet.es Television via Internet / VPN service  628607778 - email info@tellynet.es

Tetley

Quote from: gus-lopez on November 30, 2012, 10:10:49 AM
Quote from: Tetley on November 30, 2012, 09:37:12 AM
Good point Nibbs  :tiphat:

anyway who needs telly when yer can sit on here all day debating  ;D

ps if anybodys intrested... the big chino shop nr dia has the chino soaps on beamed in direct  :o  and if you ask the lady behind the counter she will let you watch it with her 8) ( as long as yer dont talk and interupt the good bits  ;D (

I thought that was the shop cctv ?

Na Gus... the watching Chinenders .... ne how  :)

anyway telly folks.    any news on the new Dyson  50" winde  up tv ?  could come in handy for the Jan & Feb black outs (thats not a local soul band  :o  its when the power goes off for 46 hours... leaves on the track and all that   808  )
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Optomist

Quote from: nibbler on November 30, 2012, 10:04:07 AM
APY2
I think we all know who to go to IF we have a problem that's perfectly obvious from all the free advertising they've had.
Nibbler :tiphat:

Rumors , Jacks had a lot more and it didnt do anyone any harm  those that were tired reading about it stopped reading . Logicically if a post is getting a lot of views its in the members best interest to keep it alive , if not then it wont need to be locked , there wont be any posts added to it , well none worth reading anyway , fortunately we can see who made the latest post and with that information can decide if the members post is worth the bother of reading or not . :whistle:

gus-lopez

Quote from: Tetley on November 30, 2012, 09:37:12 AM

ps if anybodys intrested... the big chino shop nr dia has the chino soaps on beamed in direct  :o  and if you ask the lady behind the counter she will let you watch it with her 8) ( as long as yer dont talk and interupt the good bits  ;D (

I thought that was the shop cctv ?

guest4538

Quote from: satellitedave on November 30, 2012, 07:56:38 AM
I pay about £23 per month for the Sky variety pack plus Sky Plus and personally I feel it is good value for money for my personal viewing requirements as I get some many more channels to choose from although I have to say that there a lot rubbish there too and I also have to admit that I, on the whole, watch non Sky channels. I'm not interested in movies or sport and would not pay those prices that's for sure.
I wouldn't miss "Sky" channels so much but I would hate to be without the BBC's etc.
Dave

Am I missing something here?

Why would you pay monthly for a 'Sky' package when you're not interested in either sport or movies, and mainly watch the free-to-air channels?

nibbler

APY2
I think we all know who to go to IF we have a problem that's perfectly obvious from all the free advertising they've had.

guest4538

Quote from: Chisme on November 28, 2012, 01:37:47 AM
With a 60cm dish in the UK, I have 100% signal strength with the 'BBC 1 HD' signal from Astra1N, but only 80% with the 'BBC 1 HD' test signal from Astra2F.
Sky would normally install a 40cm dish in my area and they would expect it to record 100% signal strength. Therefore the test signal strength seems very weak!
Possibly the signal strength from Astra2F may be increased, in comparison with the test signal, once it is fully operational. At least I hope so, otherwise I will need a new bigger dish in Spain!
Fingers crossed...

I'm pleased to report that last night I was receiving the test signal from Astra2F at full strength in the UK. Has anyone noticed any improvement in the signal in the Arboleas area?

satellitedave

Quote from: APY2 on November 30, 2012, 09:43:40 AM
Quote from: nibbler on November 30, 2012, 09:28:09 AM
Mods,sorry to be a kill joy but isn't it about time this was closed.It seems to have become a discuuion between three "EXPERTS".
who I'm sure would do us all a favour by going to discuss all their theories over aa pint down the pub.

I think it would be to the detriment to a lot of members if the thread was closed as it wont be long before many of us are turning to the three professionals for a solution to the problem so they can once again watch the UK channels . The info they have provided so far has kept us all in the loop , without them we might not even realise the strong possibility that we could loose the majority of the channels we watch now .

Apart from the fact that unlike you many and i include myself amongst them enjoy TV and for variety reasons would miss what we have come to accept as part of our lives here , there is also the consideration than they have paid a lot for their systems primevally to be able to do so .

I dont understand why you are reading and contributing to a thread that you want closed .

Well said APY2.  :clap: This is, after all, a discussion forum.  :tongue:

Dave
www.tellynet.es Television via Internet / VPN service  628607778 - email info@tellynet.es

satellitedave

Just to keep it on topic :-

This is the latest from Robssatellitetv.webs.com:-

"UPDATE 28/1112 - Astra 2F - No further delelopments as yet regarding the Astra 2F UK Beam, no new frequencies activated and no changeover as yet from Astra 1N to Astra 2F, it is plain to see that SES-Astra are "problem solving/fine tuning" the Astra 2F UK Beam and it is now likely that 1N to 2F changeover will now be taking place next week or the week after, what has been happening with Astra 2F is that the Astra 2F West African Beam seems to have been activated, the "Ghanaian" Pay TV operator "Multi TV" had announced that "Multi TV will undergo a frequency change due to satellite upgrade" on the 27th of November, correspondence received by me asking questions along the lines of "What's the new frequency .....e.t.c.?" imply that the frequency change has taken place in which case the satellite change is most likely to have also taken place, more on this to come I am sure"

Dave

Tetley

yer fair point even ive got mi 2m dish ,lord Suger box,and plazmatron telly, its hell of an outlay just to watch   SP  voda phone ads .   :handshake
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Optomist

Quote from: nibbler on November 30, 2012, 09:28:09 AM
Mods,sorry to be a kill joy but isn't it about time this was closed.It seems to have become a discuuion between three "EXPERTS".
who I'm sure would do us all a favour by going to discuss all their theories over aa pint down the pub.

I think it would be to the detriment to a lot of members if the thread was closed as it wont be long before many of us are turning to the three professionals for a solution to the problem so they can once again watch the UK channels . The info they have provided so far has kept us all in the loop , without them we might not even realise the strong possibility that we could loose the majority of the channels we watch now .

Apart from the fact that unlike you many and i include myself amongst them enjoy TV and for a variety of reasons would miss what we have come to accept as part of our lives here , there is also the consideration than they have paid a lot for their systems primevally to be able to do so .

I dont understand why you are reading and contributing to a thread that you want closed .

Tetley

ps if anybodys intrested... the big chino shop nr dia has the chino soaps on beamed in direct  :o  and if you ask the lady behind the counter she will let you watch it with her 8) ( as long as yer dont talk and interupt the good bits  ;D (

nibbler

Optomist

Quote from: satellitedave on November 30, 2012, 08:37:28 AM
Quote from: APY2 on November 30, 2012, 08:29:59 AM
Quote from: satellitedave on November 30, 2012, 08:00:26 AM
Quote from: eurosatwiz on November 30, 2012, 07:58:49 AM
Don't worry dave I will be able to fix it for you
There will be a solution

:rofl:  :clap:  :rofl:  :vomit:

I already have the solution  :tiphat:

Are you going to let us al in on it Dave or is it a secret . My guess  is bigger and better quality dishes and L&Bs to keep disk sizes to a minimum .

When, and if, it becomes necessary and when I have completed my testing of the system I will be releasing further information. Also the item you refer to as "L&B" is LNB (Low Noise Block)  :wave.

Dave

I know what LNB is Dave , others have also noticed i always write L&B , thats what i thought it was 10 years ago and i have never got out of the habit of geting it wrong  :lol:

Will continue to watch for your posts as always   :tiphat:

satellitedave

Quote from: APY2 on November 30, 2012, 08:29:59 AM
There will be a solution

Are you going to let us al in on it Dave or is it a secret . My guess  is bigger and better quality dishes and L&Bs to keep disk sizes to a minimum .

When, and if, it becomes necessary and when I have completed my testing of the system I will be releasing further information. Also the item you refer to as "L&B" is LNB (Low Noise Block)  :wave.

Dave

Optomist

There will be a solution

Are you going to let us al in on it Dave or is it a secret . My guess  is bigger and better quality dishes and L&Bs to keep disk sizes to a minimum or MOVE HOME .  :whistle:

satellitedave

There will be a solution

I already have the solution  :tiphat: