Goalkeeping coaching/ community football club/ after school club

Started by chris bennet, March 01, 2021, 16:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny73

Chris, Whatever you do welcome and good luck with your move.
Language is a must as said if interacting with Spanish youngsters.
Get a SPANISH tutor now and in 6 months you will be almost there.
Lots of golfers in the area and most could do with a lesson. 😂
All the best in your move and enjoy it.

martin

chris bennet

Thanks Tetley and Roger for the advice. I am not going out to Spain thinking that after a few classes I will be able to speak and understand spanish. I do intend in mixing with the local community and picking up spanish that way as well.

I do find community football very rewarding and hopefully I can make a difference to local children in the area. Coaching is something I love and put a lot of time and effort into.

Thanks 8-) #staysafe

byrney

Good post Roger.

And exemplifies why we numpties get ****** off when often younger people don't understand why we can't be fluent but can get by, with a translator when necessary.

Roger

People often do not realise how diverse Spain is.
Many people when they arrive have attended Spanish lessons, often to give up a year later.

When we moved here from Valencia I thought that at last I would be able to talk to the locals, because in Valencia they all speak valenciano, which has little similarity to Spanish.

I soon discovered I was wrong when I met my neighbour Pedro.
Having said a few sentences in Spanish without much response, I asked him if he understood me.
His reply was “sorry my Spanish is not very good”.
The next time he brought his 12 year old daughter to translate â€" from Spanish to whatever Pedro spoke.
It sounded more like Arabic to me, which is not surprising because this region spoke Arabic for 800 years.

After a few years his Spanish improved a bit, probably because he had English neighbours.
My wife asked him if he went to school as a child (he is 10 years younger than me!!).
He said that his teacher told him that because he could now write his name he could leave school to help his father with the goats.
He was 9 years old.

Another neighbour, Emilio, was showing me a plot of land which I think he wanted to sell.
The problem he did not do verbs.
So I never found out whether it was for sell, or whether he had sold it.
He only knew one word â€" vende.

We had a young Spanish student teacher who visited several times a week.
For both of us to improve our language, her English and us Spanish.
Then one day she said, “I will now speak to you how I speak to my friends in Albox”.
We did not understand a word.

Another problem is when you speak good Spanish to the Spanish they will assume you are fluent.
I can manage, but not when they reply in machine gun Spanish.
A Spanish girl said that they know they talk very fast, but it is natural.

Roger

You can go to as many classes as you like.
But the only way to learn is to be engrossed in the lanuage.\
I went to many classes but only became able to function when I became Deputy mayor and had to speak and read Spanish.
You will not learn it unless it becomes a daily necessity.

As for Limaria.
it is a British enclave, just a few Spanish farmers.

Tetley

Quote from: chris bennet on March 02, 2021, 14:21:42 PM
Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated

I do plan to learn Spanish when we make the move over to Spain.

Tetley- regarding your advice of local 16's and under from other Eu countries, is there a lot of children in the Albox/ Arobleas/Limaria areas from these countries?

I have contacted FC Albox both in English and Spanish but have had no reply back.

If anyone knows anyone who could help me about football coaching,  could you please give them my email address- golferbennet@yahoo.co.uk

yes there are plenty of youngster ,10 year ago you would have been swamped out with Brit youngster however as has been pointed out the demographics have changed on the age  as for learning Spanish its probably going to take 5 years min,but the best way to learn it is been with local folks,i have limited spanish,but what i do have a leant in a local factory here engineering which was great you will also need to learn the cultural difference  ,this normally takes Brits 5 to 10 years to adapt ,some manage it and some dont wich can been seen on here and social media frequently ,i have been in the local music scene for a few years here ,all our lads & young lady are spanish ,we all get buy even tho i have limited Spanish .

if you can get somthing going  you will find it very rewarding ,its nice to make a positive difference to any age.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

chris bennet

Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated

I do plan to learn Spanish when we make the move over to Spain.

Tetley- regarding your advice of local 16's and under from other Eu countries, is there a lot of children in the Albox/ Arobleas/Limaria areas from these countries?

I have contacted FC Albox both in English and Spanish but have had no reply back.

If anyone knows anyone who could help me about football coaching,  could you please give them my email address- golferbennet@yahoo.co.uk

Roger

Personal contact is the only way.
Plus as Tetley said you will need good Spanish.
A lot of the kids will understand basic English but will struggle with a strong Scottish accent.
Also the kids in albox have their own dialect when speaking to each other.
You could try the secondary schools in huercal overa which is larger and probably speak purer Spanish and a lot can speak English.

Tetley

i think you may struggle ,as most associations like this have there own way" of going on" and you would need to been fluent Spanish,

you may however get some interest if you can arrange something for the local 16,s and under still at school  from eu nationality's ie dutch,spanish french and Brit youngsters a lot of the non English kids learning English could practice there English as well .suggest have a word with the town hall for pointers as to what is required and help with a venue.

good luck .   
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

chris bennet

Thanks John, Are they a decent team and is their football ground close to Limaria where we will be moving to. Our villa will be located about 5 mins from Bar Limaria restaurant.

John and Sue

Might be good to go and see them with a Spanish speaker.
Someone on here might even know the training days so you could see them

John

chris bennet

Thanks, have sent FC albox a message but have had no reply yet. Does anybody have any contact details for them?

John and Sue

byrney

Good luck with that mate.

Have you researched the demographics around Limaria?

valliant

valliant

Notice you have posted on Badgers Golf Society which no longer exists the last posting here was in 2015 so there is not much chance of your post being read.

chris bennet

My wife and I are moving to Limaria early September/ October this year.

I currently coaching academy girl goalkeepers at Dundee United in Scotland who play in the Scottish premier league. I would like to continue with my football coaching at either a local football club or a football club that has an academy. I have found trying to contact clubs difficult with some of them not replying to my emails. If some one is connected with football in any way that could help I would love to here from you.

I am also involved in community coaching football with Dundee United for local children. We offer an hours session where they play games, receive some coaching and at the end play small sided games. The main thing is they get a chance to make new friends and learn to play football with out any pressure. If there was a demand I would love to set up a children's "after school" football club where local children could come and play football, receive some coaching and meet new friends. I would be interested to hear people's opinions if they think there would be a demand for a local children's community club/ coaching in the Albox/ Arobleas/ Limaria area.

If anyone could help point me in the right direction or put me in contact with anyone that could help that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris