internet connection

Started by Zulu, December 16, 2019, 11:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King

Quote from: jbonillom on December 17, 2019, 16:53:40 PM
Hi Zulu,
I can provide you with a UK number from any location for 1.5 eur / month and an Almeria number. Calls are at 1 cent / min to landlines at 2 cent / min to mobiles (billed per second) without connection fee. We also have a plan of 5 euros (VAT included) with unlimited calls to the UK and Spain.
Best regards,
Juan

That must be the best commercial offer anywhere for home telephones!

Well done Juan.

Zulu and others permanently resident in the Arboleas area, would be foolish not to take up your basic phone offer! And the 5â,¬ package should prove economical for those making lots of calls.

jbonillom

Quote from: Zulu on December 16, 2019, 11:01:48 AM
I am looking for a good internet provider that also supplies phone line with an english number.  My present supplier was OK for using laptop etc. but when I got IPTV the programmes kept constantly freezing.  I have phoned rednet but they only do a phone with a spanish number. 

Many thanks

Hi Zulu,

I can provide you with a UK number from any location for 1.5 eur / month and an Almeria number. Calls are at 1 cent / min to landlines at 2 cent / min to mobiles (billed per second) without connection fee . We also have a plan of 5 euros (VAT included) with unlimited calls to the UK and Spain.

Best regards,

Juan

King

Quote from: byrney on December 17, 2019, 10:17:01 AM
All I was puzzling about is why, if you actually live in the UK, would you need to use a friend's address?

Clearly you weren't and you wouldn't...

byrney

All I was puzzling about is why, if you actually live in the UK, would you need to use a friend's address?

King

Quote from: byrney on December 16, 2019, 17:08:48 PM
Oh, OK.
So, what do us people who have no connection whatsoever with the UK do?

Byrney. A very strange question!

Presumably people such as you would do nothing!

The main benefit in having a UK telephone number in Spain is to make it easy for friends, family and business associates to keep in contact with you. So, why would folk like you want a UK telephone number?

byrney

Oh, OK.

So, what do us people who have no connection whatsoever with the UK do?

King

Byrney,

No. You are simply associating a telephone number with a house for calling emergency services. Sipgate has started doing this in the last couple of years both to satisfy emergency services and, I suspect, to stop an excessive demand on its limited supply of free numbers. Previously there was no process of address verification.

Once you own the number you can use it anywhere. I have a number which I use permanently in my home in the UK and my home in Spain and also anywhere my mobile phone is connected to a WiFi network.

Clearly I would not be dialing '999' unless at home in the UK!

byrney

"You will need to have a friend living in the area you choose to give an address and thereby verify your number".

Are you saying that you are having to lie about where you live?

I know many people who do this, but I simply couldn't do it.  I would be the one that got caught out!

King

Whoever you choose to provide your internet, you could do your own home phone with an English number.

Sign up with https://www.sipgatebasic.co.uk/ and get a free number with the area code you want. You will need to have a friend living in the area you choose to give an address and thereby verify your number.

You can set up your Sipgate number on your mobile to receive calls at no cost through WiFi at home. Alternatively, if you have a spare landline phone connect it to an analogue adapter, which itself is connected to your router. You can buy analogue connectors for less than £20: an example:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/232796483457?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=232796483457&targetid=523056982315&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=1007073&poi=&campaignid=7412990392&mkgroupid=76068633570&rlsatarget=aud-381667280803:pla-523056982315&abcId=1139366&merchantid=101727355&gclid=Cj0KCQiA89zvBRDoARIsAOIePbC7iehp5HNgVJDUMQWb9AeEH9j4H1ppNBQ3oJi7rv0hlLjbdP3_TkoaAtZ8EALw_wcB.

The above is the only potential cost for setting up and receiving calls. The cost of outgoing call costs depends on the company you choose. If you use Sipgate for your outgoing calls it would be just over 1p/minute to UK landlines but a lot more to UK mobiles and phones in Spain. Alternatively, Frynga charges just $0.005/minute for calls to both UK landlines and UK mobiles and not much more to Spanish phones.

Clearly this is likely to be cheaper than most of the internet providers who use precisely the same equipment but sometimes charge an additional monthly fee for maintaining the line!

steveconway24

Go for fibre (if available in your area) internet only connection 100mbps+, (IPTV will be faultless!)
Then use a provider like Skype for a UK number and connect up a VOIP phone to you computer.

Also look at mobile contracts offering free calls to UK, Lobster is one company offering this.

Whatsapp or Telegram are also really good Apps for calling abroad (The person you are calling would also need the App

KJH3

I have IPTV and it's nearly perfect just a rare stutter in live sport. It's all about the internet speeds you are paying for,  the more you pay  for the better your IPTV will be.

Geejay

Zulu

I am looking for a good internet provider that also supplies phone line with an english number.  My present supplier was OK for using laptop etc. but when I got IPTV the programmes kept constantly freezing.  I have phoned rednet but they only do a phone with a spanish number. 

Many thanks