Check in Weigh In

Started by Tetley, May 31, 2023, 08:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny73

Out of curiousity and not standing up for the airlines what does it say on the conditions re baggage weight if you exceed their limit  when you book. ??

eric blindell

I clock in at 60kg. Get charged because my baggage is over 20kg. Total 81kg then get put next to a woman weighing in 90kg !

lmj52

Unfortunately they were a man and woman. Both wore these neck braces' stuffed themselves with food all through the flight and drank litres of Diet Coke.  :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

***O to be twenty something again  and just not give a X **

Some of us are on the wrong side of seventy something and still don't give a x.
Que Sera Sera ✌️✌️

Tetley

Quote from: lmj52 on June 01, 2023, 18:15:18 PMYears ago on long flight, cattle class to Florida, I had the misfortune to be squashed between 2 people who must have been well over 20 stone each. Had no chance of using my armrests. Not a good experience.  :angry:

them was the days LMJ 500 quid ish USA flights , 1980,S 20 somthings with more coin than the morguage needed and the states every 4 months.

i once got the sack ,told i was un employable  :shocked:   ::)  ....so i hired a Ferrari 308 for 3 days in Hawaii to help mi cope wi the put down and my newly found un employment   :))

O to be twenty something again  and just not give a X , :wink:   :laugh:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Johnny73

Hopefully they were two happy lassies and not two grumpy old guys.👯

lmj52

Years ago on long flight, cattle class to Florida, I had the misfortune to be squashed between 2 people who must have been well over 20 stone each. Had no chance of using my armrests. Not a good experience.  :angry:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

You think folk complain too much about Ryanair.
A woman complained to British Airways that the toilet had a window on a flight from US to UK.
Who would be looking at her at 35000 feet.
Nowt as queer as folk.!!

Johnny73

### But some of these giant chip shifters should have to buy 2 seats with a combined weight limit at 200kg.##

I know one ( wee ) lass that won't be impressed . 😂😂
Ryanair are doing away with free toilets .
Rock on Michael.

OGM

I can't see it been long before the Irish gentleman starts charging for the chubbier amongst us. I mean I'm a bit on the porky side so it may not work out in my favour, but at 6 foot tall I always pay extra for an extra legroom seat as it's bloody uncomfortable otherwise, so people who spill over into next doors seat space should be penalised as well, maybe forced to buy 2 seats?

Everyone has a right to be fat, but some people are abusing that right.

Just thinking out loud, Let's say a standard fare was for a total passenger and baggage of 100kg, I'd just about scrape in at that. But some of these giant chip shifters should have to buy 2 seats with a combined weight limit at 200kg.The racing snakes coming in at 60kg could be offered a discount?

Think I'll copy O'Leary in on my thoughts.

doreen1

Angleseyite

It costs to carry mass, the bigger the  mass the more it costs in energy terms..
Simple really..... :grin:

Johnny73

My old sparring partner humpty Dumpty up Murcia way is going to have to go by boat if Michleleen has his way.
He charged a Spanish couple 48 euro to carry on pastries.
Feel sorry for him as he only has a few billion.😂✈️✈️

Tetley

this should be a toe tapper once Micheal get,s it sorted   :))

10kg bag and a 60 kg passenger .....or yer pay extra  :laugh:

https://news.sky.com/story/airline-to-weigh-passengers-travelling-internationally-to-improve-flight-safety-reports-12893389
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol