6 Nations rugby 2021

Started by lmj52, January 27, 2020, 16:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

lmj52

Quote from: Johnny73 on February 27, 2021, 18:55:45 PM
Delighted for you Imj.  Farrell  blew it when he spent some time arguing with the ref early on and shortly after the Ref asked Farrell to speak to his players and whilst he was doing that and with the Welsh water bottle staff on the pitch  he allowed the kick and try.
Weird and incorrect decision IMO.
Wales were outstanding and England poor by their standards.
Strange championship.  However Imj52 the twins won't be happy tonight.😂😂😂

Well the English were a bit naive. The replays shown in depth, show Biggar asking the referee if time was on. Yes he said, and blew the whistle for the penalty. So Biggar took the kick. The water bottle staff were English by the way.
Oh dear.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

A quick comment on Ireland and Italy .Ireland were great in the first half but the second half was a mess with Italy disrupting the game  which spoiled things although Italy are improving game by game.
Still Ireland had two tries disallowed the first which was a  stone wall try.
Both can look forward to next year and maybe Ireland might look at a new manager.

Johnny73

Delighted for you Imj.  Farrell  blew it when he spent some time arguing with the ref early on and shortly after the Ref asked Farrell to speak to his players and whilst he was doing that and with the Welsh water bottle staff on the pitch  he allowed the kick and try.
Weird and incorrect decision IMO.
Wales were outstanding and England poor by their standards.
Strange championship.  However Imj52 the twins won't be happy tonight.😂😂😂

lmj52

A great win for Wales, I think the English are a bit upset. Bless.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

lmj52

Agreed, a tight call. Wales need to keep possession, and be patient. Hopefully will be a terrific game.
Ireland should sail through their game.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Old Pedro

Covid-19 has postponed France v Scotland. First match up is Ireland v Italy, and I expect Italy to take their losing streak to maybe 30 matches in a row. Ireland will feel their opening game could have gone either way against France until the last piece of action after 80 minutes. They will be too strong for a wounded Italian team. I am looking forward to an open game of attacking rugby.

England are the bookies favourites to beat Wales today. Not sure I agree with that one, but as it is a make or break game, as Eddie Jones has stated. The pressure is on the defending champions to win otherwise the championship is over. What a game to look forward to, and I am sure Wales will stay disciplined after having a man sent off in each of their opening games. They have pace on the wings and one of my favourite players George North will get his 100th cap. It could be a game of power and kicking by Wales to put England on the back foot and Rees/Zammit may be targeted for the up and over. Wales have the more experienced team. With a packed Cardiff Arms Park in full voice I would have tipped Wales but this game is too tight to call.

Enjoy.

Johnny73

Well moment of truth for Ireland today. Lose and Farrel is gone but with a few new faces and flying full back and wingers I think they will put a big score up today.
England must have learned a few lessons and may be too good for wales but confidence must be high in Wales.
Scotland now have a big problem as when Game against France is rescheduled the clubs won't have to release their players so their big chance against France may be gone.
Anyway will enjoy the day whoever wins.

lmj52

Great effort by Ireland, the French are looking favourites for the championship.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

Well with all the injuries etc that was an outstanding performance from ALL the Irish lads.
France didn't look that fantastic and they have tougher games to come.
I was told what cryptic Meg meant but great to see great Rugby matches regardless of who wins.
Well done Les Bleus.

Old Pedro

Tant Pis Ireland. Just couldn't hold on to the ball at the end of 80 minutes and get near enough for a drop goal  or even better a winning try. To hold the French to just 13-15 was outstanding. Well played. Enjoyable game to watch.

Johnny73

Good game , France only needed  one visit to the Irish line to score.
They will roll on now in the second half I'm sure. Burns has played really well so good for him. 

Johnny73

Karen4

Cl3880

Johnny73

Looking at Farrells selections especially at 10  if this goes the way I fear it might then Farrell  will be history and Leo Cullen waiting.
Unfortunately he is putting Billy Burns future selection in doubt.
Carty has been playing really well as has Marmion and of course Ross Byrne who should be first choice today.
Anyway hope Ireland can stick it to  Les Bleus and open up the table.

doreen1

Hopefully they blame the manager 🙏🏻😉

lmj52

It’s going to be a tough game.
Ireland have lost 4 key players, so a struggle for them I think.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

I see the Irish have laid on a typical Irish welcome for the French.
High wind and  cold rain .
Don't suppose it will work , they may need to let the French have a few Irish measures of Poteen before the game.😁

lmj52

Well England obviously won against Italy, Scotland have been awesome, but thank goodness Wales won. One hell of a game. Ireland v France tomorrow will be interesting!!
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

What an exciting game. A carbon copy of the Irish red card but Scotland are so exciting . well done so far wales .
Scotland are the most improved side I have seen .

doreen1

Well done England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 👏🏼👏🏼

Johnny73

England will run up a big points tally in the second half but they were poor and Italy foolishly kicked the ball back to them at least 6 times.
Italy still giving away needless penalties due to inexperience.
France won't be too worried about meeting England on this performance.

lmj52

Quote from: Johnny73 on February 12, 2021, 18:55:37 PM
A shame that Ireland will now have to face France without Sexton, Ryan, Murray  and O  Mahoney .
Difficult enough against possibly the  best team around at the moment but really difficult to now see Ireland staying close to France.
England will hammer Italy and Wales and Scotland will be close and the game of the weekend.

Yes a good summary.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

A shame that Ireland will now have to face France without Sexton, Ryan, Murray  and O  Mahoney .
Difficult enough against possibly the  best team around at the moment but really difficult to now see Ireland staying close to France.
England will hammer Italy and Wales and Scotland will be close and the game of the weekend.

lmj52

That was close! Ireland messed it up by losing a player, but did well to keep in the game. All credit to Wales for the win.
Some tough games ahead.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

doreen1

Well done Wales. Billy oh Billy 🤦🏻‍♀️

Johnny73

Billy Burns cost Ireland dearly with 4 dreadful miistakes near the  end    but well done Wales.
Great effort with a man less by Ireland.

Johnny73

Well the Irish responded brilliantly but they will be run off their feet at 60-70 minutes.
Would be some performance if they can keep it up but hard to see.
The nanagemet and the  addition of Paul o Connell  have got it right so far.
But Wales will respond in a big way I think.

doreen1

2nd stupid mistake Peter made in 13 mins Johnny, for a veteran like him it’s seems strange 🤔

Johnny73

You may be right Doreen , O Mahoney has just gifted this game to Wales.
Maybe the opening music upset him 🏉😁

doreen1

Part of me hopes Ireland lose today if it means we get rid of the manager.

Johnny73

Both sides rebuilding but Ireland also have a new untried Manager  that the Irish havent really taken to and Wales will always be Wales  so anything could happen.
If Wales win there will be a vacancy for a manager in Ireland pretty soon.
That was a wake up call for England and they will be a different animal from now on.
Can't wait for England v France.

lmj52

Today I think Ireland will win, but I hope I’m wrong! My wife has a foot in both camps, so win win for her. :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

lmj52

Agreed mate, on both counts.. Scotland dominated the game.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Angleseyite

England just not good enough, you'd think considering the population they'd have been a bit better. But the Scots played with their hearts....