New Norton

Started by jim, April 17, 2009, 09:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andie

Quote from: jim on April 20, 2009, 13:43:14 PM
Ahh oil on the garage floor,oily boots them were the day's,ride me Firebird out 10 miles to the next village push the ****** back home,hole in one of the pots big as a half crown(teach me to play with the mixture)
Knock the baffles out of me old C15 get a cuff around the ear from old plod(being cheeky).
Took the chair of my old Ariel Square Four,and at the lights fell off cos I forgot I'd taking the chair off.
Riding my old C15 around town, kept thinking I could smell burning,wasn't till me bum got hot I realised it was the electrics under my seat that was on fire.
Borrowed a Lambretta SX200 of a girlfriend of mine overtaking a line of slow cars on the seafront (Showing of in front of the girls)just got in front of the last car and me rear wheel overtook me, left me sparking down the road on me rear hub looking a right plonker.
And a lot more besides.

And I would love to do it all again :tiphat:

yep looks like great times Jim

my first ride was a raligh wisp moped,aged 11,then sombody gave me an old li 150 lambretta frame complet with front wheel,i bought an engine for a 5 quid,and had many happy hours of fun.

then all the other kids in the village bought bantams,and we really had fun,so mutch that the cops turned up one night,and confinscated all our bikes,while on the local footy pitch,  808mind you non of this gov pc,crap you have now,after a stern talking to buy our local police sargent down at the nick,with our parents present we where given them back :clap:

late 60,s 70.,s great times to grow up,i let my lad watch the film KEZ filmed in yorkshire abought a youg lad & sparrow halk.

our youg kid couldent belive thats how it used to be,when brittan was still great (even though we only had lecky 4 days a week  808)

happy times

Steve

jim

Ahh oil on the garage floor,oily boots them were the day's,ride me Firebird out 10 miles to the next village push the ****** back home,hole in one of the pots big as a half crown(teach me to play with the mixture)
Knock the baffles out of me old C15 get a cuff around the ear from old plod(being cheeky).
Took the chair of my old Ariel Square Four,and at the lights fell off cos I forgot I'd taking the chair off.
Riding my old C15 around town, kept thinking I could smell burning,wasn't till me bum got hot I realised it was the electrics under my seat that was on fire.
Borrowed a Lambretta SX200 of a girlfriend of mine overtaking a line of slow cars on the seafront (Showing of in front of the girls)just got in front of the last car and me rear wheel overtook me, left me sparking down the road on me rear hub looking a right plonker.
And a lot more besides.

And I would love to do it all again :tiphat:
DILLIGAF

andie

mmm,like the looks,sounds,wondefull. nice to see the norton badge on a proper bike and not one of those heaps of ****  chino man efforts.

problem is the teco orientals are light years ahead on the island,and thairs not mutch out thair out handles ,out performs hondi,suzui,jamijar

young Dunlop will give it his best thou so as long as it handles,and doesent catch fire with all the heat off that roatery wankery motor it should do well.

i was at the tt on triumphs comeback,on the 600 i think 2002 wondefull

S  :wave

rember folks jesus luvs yer specialy if yer ride an R1  :wave ,coz everytime thi opens the throttle yer get a bit closer to heaven  :angel: ;) ;D

HogRider

Jim
But will it a proper Norton and drip oil all over ya garage floor ?  :rofl:
Hogs (Tractor Driver extradinaire)  :rofl:

jim

DILLIGAF