UK registered bikes in Spain

Started by Ptarmigan, March 23, 2010, 11:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andie

yer i rekon if the coocon space ship had flown over Sargaleas,some silly old nit would have been looking for the ITV sticker in the window  :o either that or we would have had some old dear saying ,"is this the right bus for the market "  :rofl:
bless em   :alien:!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU5MHGtgA38&feature=related   :-*
S  ;D

HogRider

Shirty
So do I but them's that ain't above stairs, well ...............................................?

Hogs :rofl:

shirtsleeve

Hoggie you cant say "nobody likes dirty bikers" cos I do!
                                     Shirty  :lol:

HogRider

I agree Steve !  And if it ain't an issue with the men in green then in my view the topics closed !  On the one occasion I was pulled by the green machine, they checked my papers, had a look round the scoot, had a sit on the seat (Commenting that they would really like a FB's armchair on their TT's) had a smile at the exhausts and gave me a cheery "Vamoose" !

I know it gets a bit fractious above stairs but down here in the basement we've never had any grief froms the BC types and I hope we can keep it that way !  Nobody likes us dirty smellie oily greasy biker dudes but my take is "I DON'T CARE" !

Hogs  :D

andie

To Be fair  :wave
we can discuse this till the cows come home .

my own veiw is,if your resident here with no uk tie,s its SP Plates

if you have a home here and uk,and your main centre of econamic intrest is uk,then use either SP or GB.

this is fact
i know folks who have run brit plates / itv had a prang insurence payed without an issue/no issue with G folks

i also know folks who have had brit commercial motors impounded,only to be realesed the next day without fee,because in sp law you carnt plate a rhd commercial and in EU law and thay carnt prevent free movment.

one of the main issues here,is that because folks have shelled out somtimes un nesseserly due to thair own circumctances ,thay expect everybody else to dive in as well.
i run SP motors,but i have never been tret any diffrent at a road pull in a brit or sp motor,ie itv,insurance,log book,passport inspection.
S   :tiphat:

HogRider

Beemer

Yes mate the poker run will still be on when I get back from my travels (End of April)  And I know we've debated this before ! :D  I can and are able to to show by documentation (Ferry tickets, Hotel receipts etc) that the bike has not been in Spain for 183 days or more. I am a UK Resident and UK tax resident and on a UK Voting roll, WITH a house in Spain !  Yes I did matriculate a car and why not ? IT STAYS IN SPAIN where I pay local taxes and insurance for the vehicle to be here. That alone does not make me a Spanish resident and I have no Spanish residencia.  And in all fairness, with respect you do not know where my private assests are in any 12 month period nor which of my scoots I am riding in Spain !

Hogs :tiphat: 

andie

Beems  :wave
acording to the SP Police,if your on yer forign plater,and its goes nits,thay cannot inforce insurance law,motor tax law,mot law,on another EU states motor.
thay report you to the state in wich the motor is registered, and make a claim from the  "Home motor state"  then the home motor state takes enforcment action against the owner.
forign plater,who reside here,without another EU home were the motor is registerd are actually breaking an import tax law,wich is why the motor is impounded.
this explaines the amount of forign plate motors running on itv & forign plate insurance ( it would appear legally  ??? unless your resident ! )

ive simplified my motering need here,  ive bought a mountain bike,and an sp registered modern BMW motor bike and side car .
Job Done S  :wave  :tiphat:

Council Directive 72/166 shall be amended as follows : The following shall be substituted for the wording of Article 2 (2), first indent:

"after an agreement has been concluded between the nine national insurers' bureaux under the terms of which each national bureau guarantees the settlement, in accordance with the provisions of national law on compulsory insurance, of claims in respect of accidents occurring in its territory, caused by vehicles normally based in the territory of a another Member State, whether or not such vehicles are insured;".

beemer

sorry to have to disagree hogs but thats ******* and you know it is,or dont you really live in los higuerales,cos if you dont then why did you bother to matriculate your motor vehicle.

365 day European cover included
All eBike Insurance Policies provide insurance cover within the Territorial Limits of the policy throughout the policy year. This extension is provided for the purpose of travel only. [b]Your permanent home must be in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and must also be your primary residence.[/b]

p.s.  is the poker run still on

andie

Quote from: Ptarmigan on March 23, 2010, 16:14:14 PM
Hi Andie

Yes, I would like the details in English.

My e-mail is robertdcarson@btconnect.com

Regards

will send soon,as ive got the" Nerve centre floor" in bits at the mo  :wave  S

Ptarmigan

Hi Andie

Yes, I would like the details in English.

My e-mail is robertdcarson@btconnect.com

Regards

HogRider

Ptarmigan

This debate rolls on and on !  I spoke to my Harley Insurers (Ebike) and told them I live sometimes in Spain and have a UK address. I specifically asked them regarding the 183 days job.  They told me that if my vehicle is registered at my UK address and is fully road legal in the UK they WILL cover me on Full Comp Insurance for anywhere in the EU for 365 day per year.  Now I do ride a bit and my next road trip is in 2 weeks time, (France, Belgium, and the UK) and I've got France in June, France,Belgium and UK again in September along with some not yet confirmed ! So as I am a UK resident by address and a UK Tax payer why would I want to register my scoot in Spain ?  Especially as ebike charge me 185 GBP as against TP only in Spain for 1200€ !

Hogs :tiphat:

andie

acording to the SP police,if yer non res yer can come & go & ride around as long as yer like,if your resident ,then its a tax offence ie yer bike should be imported when you are.

it would appear this 6 months lark & and must have uk tax & mot is a load of tosh ! :o,but dont tell em upstairs coz it keeps tha barmy old bugggers active  ;D

ps if yer send us yer e mail address il send yer the SP Police info,in english in black white  :o

S  :tiphat:    :wave

Ptarmigan

There has recently been frenzied activity in "Arboleas General Chatter" concerning how long you can keep UK cars/bikes in Spain. The general consensus appears to be that it is for a period of six months although I understood that this had fairly recently been changed to one year. Can anyone advise me what the situation is regarding motorcycles?