Film on recordings

Started by terina, August 06, 2014, 20:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ray

Thanks Jinx for your help, got it working on my tablet now.

Ray

ray

I've just tried again and get the following: "No active DVR subscriptions". At the top of the page it shows I have 10 hours left, think I'll go back to IPlayer!

Got it working using the FilmOn HDi Player, no idea why it doesn't work with the browser one.

Jinx

Hi down left hand side of page look for the little head and shoulders icon, click on that and you will see recordings, click on recordings and you will see what you have asked to record. Always make sure you are logged in. Also once you click on something to record you do not need to be connected to the internet. The program is stored on your account for when you next log in its not stored on your pc laptop or ipad.
Once you see your recording you will see "recorded" and underneath download, but look to the left and you will see the play sign a red triangle on its side. Click on that and your recording will start to play.
The 5 steps after the Hurt .....
Anger,Resentment,Healing,Forgiveness,then Moving On

ray

Decided to have go recording after reading this post. I select the programme and it appears under "Recordings" as accepted and that's it, nothing happens, it still shows accepted after 12 hours. The tablet is set to maintain an Internet connection, so I guess I'm missing something really simple, any thoughts appreciated.

byrney

If you go underneath the programme you've recorded you will probably find a green bar with the words tap to play on it.

They've just changed layout so it you are having trouble finding your recordings you should find a small head on the left side of your screen which will take you to them.

swithin

How do you play recorded programs on ipad? Can not find any button to play.

terina

Thank you guys will have a go

wayne roberts

Totally agree with byrney, spot on.

byrney

All you need to do is register with filmon. You get a total of 10hours free recording.  As you watch something you've recorded, simply delete it and you grt that time credited again.

It is actually a great discipine knowing that you can only record 10 hours. It saves having hundreds of hours of recorded stuff which you'll never watch!

terina

Had a look but still cant see how I can get free recording - is that per month.

I get a bit reluctant to get into some things as recently ended up with all rude things and had to get Simon out from Advance Digitals to sort it out for me - as you can tell I am no computer wiz

terina

I didn't know you could get free recording time, not sure where but will look at it    Many thanks     

oldbirchy

Why not load XBMC? Then, unless it is a current affairs type program you want to watch, it will be available to watch the next night. It took me a bit of time to get my head around this but most TV series don't need to be recorded. Just watch through gotv add-on on or one channel. XBMC is the program that is used by android boxes but was originally developed for PC. Soaps are available on the YouTube add on. Most are also available in HD.

Regards Andy

antatoo

Quote from: wayne roberts on August 07, 2014, 16:44:02 PM
terina. Why would you pay for recording time when you get 10 hours recording time free.

I agree, and also if you have more than one email address, you can sign in with each one and you get 10 hours for every email you have.
Seeing as it's free to open emails on most sites, this makes it unlimited recordings in theory  :clap:

wayne roberts

terina. Why would you pay for recording time when you get 10 hours recording time free.

terina

Thank you so much for the replies, thanks to you all now sorted.    This forum can be so helpful

Karen4

....they sent me an email to let me know about the changes?
Cl3880

byrney

Yes, my screen layout changed this week. Confused me but found out by chance what they'd done.

Why don't these computer geeks communicate with we less intelligent mortals what they have done?

Jinx

Hi
Make sure you are still signed in. Sometimes for no reason at all you get signed out. My settings are now down on the left hand side. Click on icon showing head and shoulders you get a dropdown menu of your profile. Near to the bottom you will see recordings.
The 5 steps after the Hurt .....
Anger,Resentment,Healing,Forgiveness,then Moving On

terina

Hi, can anyone help please, I watch the tv through filmon via my laptop on to the television.   I paid for recording time and I usually access t his through a spanner symbol on the right of the screen.    I can no longer get the spanner symbol, and I have recordings still to watch.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please