Satellite dishes

Started by mickandjan, September 01, 2014, 10:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philw

1.9 meter dish here and very happy thank you i have had this for 18 months and not had any probs that a quick adjustment from my installer done 3 months ago.

Phil

mickandjan

Thank you for your replies. 

Very informative and gives us food for thought.  :wave

sat

Quote from: mickandjan on September 01, 2014, 10:49:18 AM
So, does anyone know if the satellite changes happened?  We haven't read anything on here about it.......
The third and final new UK TV satellite, Astra 2G, is expected to launch October / November and be operational early 2015.
Like the two previous new satellites, 2E and 2F, it has both UK and European beams.
And 2Gs reception is expected to be similar to the other two.
2G is expected to carry those channels that are currently on the old Astra 2A satellite - which are mainly Sky pay channels.
It is expected that there will be no further changes for the BBC ITV C4s and Fives that are already on the 2E and 2F satellites.

uk-satellite-TV

Hi  there  are more options than buying a  1.9 metre dish I would suggest  you get several  quotes  and look at all the options  before you commit to making a decision on the right system for you.

It may well be a 1.9m dish is your best option for the channels you require, but make sure its a quality one... Also consider what receiver you will use..
There are plenty to choose from.

mickandjan

Earlier this year we held off buying a bigger dish and invested in an android box, as there was talk of satellite beams changing in July/August and maybe an even bigger dish would be needed etc.

The novelty of the android box is wearing thin now and we are fed up with buffering and dropping out of the channel altogether, repeatedly.  So, once again wondering whether to invest in a bigger dish after all.

So, does anyone know if the satellite changes happened?  We haven't read anything on here about it.......so is everyone happy with their 1.9 dishes?

Maybe it's time we took the plunge!   :wave