Andoid box question

Started by lesinalbox, September 11, 2014, 19:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbirchy

Eliminate the WiFi receivers on the box by installing a speed test app on the android box. Test the speed and compare to that on your PC. I have come across a good few boxes where the WiFi receiver is no good.
You say the boxes are similar. If they are the silver box with a black top this is a generic case! The innards can and do vary dramatically and therefore affects the picture output. I have even experienced 2 boxes,     bought together from the same supplier on the same day having completely different printed circuit boards inside them.
Live TV through filmon is acceptable in quality but the real power of android TV is. The ability to watch TV proigrams the next day using such add ons as 1 channel, icefilms or the new kid on the block called genesis. Watch them when you want and no add on ITV programmes!

If you want any help, pm me.

Regards Andy

lesinalbox

Thanks,  they have an old LCD  about 32 inch. Mine is a Toshiba 37 inch about 5 years old

DieSse

Are your TVs both about the same size? On a smaller screen the picture quality on a relatively low quality source will look better on the smaller screen.

Have you tried your box on their TV? - Double cross checks are a good idea in cases like this.

Since streaming TV pictures normally only requires about 2 Mbps, the difference in router speed is irrelevant. Besides the stream is digital - with digital you basically get the same picture always until it gets so bad it begins to break up.

Similar boxes are not the same box. One could have better graphics processing in it - though if you say the quality is not so good on your TV with the other box - then I would suspect the TV is the basic difference, and so the most likely culprit.

lesinalbox

Connection is wifi in both cases, they use notfilmon I have film on

I would say they are similar box's.

I did connect her box and cable and still the picture was worse

DieSse

How is the box connected to the router - cable or wi-fi?

Are you both watching Filmon?

Is one of you watching in SD the other in HD? - In HD the picture quality is better.

Are they both the same make and model box? - Probably some output HDMI in better quality than others.

54 Mbps should be no worse than 300 Mbps - both are MUCH faster than your Internet connection - though wi-fi can slow down the speed if the box and router are too far apart or through walls. By Cable there would be no effect on speed.

lesinalbox

I have a Android box, but the picture quality is poor compared to my friends. It is connected via hdmi cable.
Can the router speed affect this?  mine is 54 mbits   compared to her 300

Many thanks to those who answer