Meteor Shower 5th & 6th May

Started by Babyboomer, May 05, 2013, 08:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

I went out at various times last night to gaze heavenwards but they seem to have an aversion to me watching them.

Oh well looks like I´ll have to contain my excitement now until September.  It´s going to be a long Summer.

smiling453

Well I went out again last night for half an hour and saw yet another one, I'm looking forward to September when we will be able to see so many, many more on most nights, as is the case every year. 
Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life

webejamin

byrney

Must make sure I have a flask and a few butties then if I´m in for the long haul !!

webejamin

That's a shame byrney, but don't worry, you can see them even better tonight between 9pm and 7am :tiphat:

byrney

I thought it said they were going to be around from 11.00pm to 4.30am!

I stayed up all night and seemingly missed them by half an hour........ :lol:

Karen4

Cl3880

smiling453

last night I was out from about 00.30 till about 1am and I'm off again now midnight till 00.30 ish hope to see some more though I have had a little drop of grape juice  :crazy: 

OK I give up, too much cloud    :(

byrney

dafydd51

byrney

Oh go on then I might as well ask.

What time did you see them?

I don´t mind standing outside like a lemon all night but if they are due between certain hours it would be helpful.

smiling453

Went out last night for half an hour and saw three  :clap: I hope the sky remains clear tonight and I can see some more.

byrney

Serves me right for trying to be serious for once!!  I should have known better...

webejamin

Oooh you people can be so cruel at times  :rofl: :rofl:

jimmybeen

Quote from: bomagdrink on May 05, 2013, 09:27:27 AM
Quote from: byrney on May 05, 2013, 09:17:34 AM
Thanks for that.

For those us not so aware of astral matters, where do we look, what time, and will we be able to see it without the neighbour thinking we´re spying on her with our binoculars?....
the sky would be my best bet  :lol: :lol: :lol:sorry couldn't resist it
:laugh:
Yep and I would add 'after it gets dark'  :lol:

bomagdrink

Quote from: byrney on May 05, 2013, 09:17:34 AM
Thanks for that.

For those us not so aware of astral matters, where do we look, what time, and will we be able to see it without the neighbour thinking we´re spying on her with our binoculars?....
the sky would be my best bet  :lol: :lol: :lol:sorry couldn't resist it

byrney

Thanks for that.

Babyboomer

Eta Aquarids

The next major meteor shower of year, the Eta Aquarids, occurs between late April and mid May, peaking around May 5-6. It is best seen from the Southern Hemisphere, though observers in the Northern Hemisphere can also enjoy a sparser display. Meteoroids in the Eta Aquarids are actually remnants from Halley's Comet. The radiant for this shower lies in the constellation Aquarius.
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.