Pest Control for Processionary Caterpiller Nest or Advice

Started by Sim, January 31, 2014, 16:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindablyth32

Quote from: cantabrian on January 31, 2014, 17:48:57 PM
AS One  poster has stated just cut the branch off and burn it, WE Have just burnt 3 branches today!! AND NEVER HAD TO ASK FOR PERMISSION !!!!!!!!! (Permission to S--T Will be the next law !!!!)
You tell the town hall so that if people report the fire and you have permission, they can check the details and then the fire brigade will not have to attend a wild fire.

doreen1

Well I have searched the garden several times, no caterpillars, so so disappointed  :D

CB my amigo it will be a pint of the Black Stuff and some Irish Stew, finished off with a few John Powers whiskeys
:wave

cantabrian

Quote from: doreen1 on February 03, 2014, 19:32:14 PM
Well I suppose the husband and dog are still useful......
Oh goodie I can feed them to the father-in-law then  :whistle:

Nearly missed you !!!! GO FOR IT !!! Will turn up for a Pint of Black Stuff  and Cheese AFTERWARDS!!

doreen1

Well I suppose the husband and dog are still useful......
Oh goodie I can feed them to the father-in-law then  :whistle:

Karen4

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.....okay, I'll amend it to say neither "wee Jack" nor "big Malcolm" should be allowed near those caterpillars!
Cl3880

doreen1

Quote from: cantabrian on February 03, 2014, 18:20:39 PM
Quote from: Karen4 on February 01, 2014, 21:40:31 PM
Doreen keep wee Jack well away from them as they are very dangerous to pets!

That is a bit PERSONAL !!!! (That is her husbands ????)

Lol, husband or dog......I wonder who I would miss the most... :whistle:

Juan Sheet

Whatever you do - dont touch other people's Husbands or the flipping wormy things - Catta whatsits that I cant spell.
Neither will do you any good whatsoever in the long run.

cantabrian

Quote from: Karen4 on February 01, 2014, 21:40:31 PM

That is a bit PERSONAL !!!! (That is her husbands ????)

Karen4

Cl3880

doreen1

cantabrian

AND The caterpillars are just starting to move !! DO NOT TOUCH THEM !!(miss Soreen!)

doreen1

Karen4

Doreen it looks a bit like white candy floss on a branch.
Cl3880

doreen1

Not wanting to sound stupid...how do you know if you have a nest???

Cantabrian please be gentle with me :wave

cantabrian

AS One  poster has stated just cut the branch off and burn it, WE Have just burnt 3 branches today!! AND NEVER HAD TO ASK FOR PERMISSION !!!!!!!!! (Permission to S--T Will be the next law !!!!)

John n Julie

Be very careful as they are as you know very dangerous! ideally spray the nest with womens hair spray to prevent the hairs and spores from falling out, then place a polythene bag over the nest then cut the branch off then burn it.
Regards
John :tiphat: :tiphat:
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

terryleg

Just lop the offending branches and burn them........................................after getting a permisso from the town hall for a garden fire!

Sim

Does anyone know of a pest control company that deals with the nest of the processionary caterpillar. I have a next in my pine tree and a dog, so really need to try and get rid of it before they start moving.

Any advice would be grateful.

Thanks