Sky TV

Started by MigMan, December 16, 2019, 19:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

Thanks for the clarifications.  At least you've all dispelled a few urban myths.

olive25

Well there you have it a few experts have given an answer , I include myself in that aswell  😂
What will some have to say about that.
Happy new year 🥳 everyone

sat

Quote from: byrney on December 16, 2019, 22:31:19 PM
So, Coolsolutions, isn't "1.9m satellite dish and a freesat Box" also "Pirate" (ie also illegal)?
There is nothing "illegal" or "pirate" in watching free, unencrypted channels direct from the broadcasters via Freesat via satellite.
(in fact there is nothing illegal for watching encrypted channels direct from the broadcasters via satellite from one EU country in another EU country with the correct method of decryption in a domestic place, just a breach of T&Cs - ECJ Ruling a few years ago))
So no a "1.9m satellite dish and a freesat Box" is not pirate or illegal.

Cartron

God help us , its only the second day of the year and we are already unfamiliar with the english language, technologically challenged , ignorant and with obvious shortcomings.  ????
Nice post King from a superior being.  By the way we are all foreigners in Spain.
Have a nice day.

King

I really do not understand some of the comments on this topic.

I've always found the Forum extremely helpful in getting around some of the difficulties in maintaining contact with the UK. Since spending some of my time here I've learnt a lot from contributors on essential topics for living in Spain like administration and banking, telephone systems, computing and internet, and UK TV viewing. I am very grateful to all those who have helped me over the years and I am always happy to share in return any knowledge I've gathered.

However, there is a small group of people on the  Forum who appear to criticise any attempt at rational discussion. All these people seem to be technologically barren: so, why do they feel it necessary to display their obvious shortcomings? Some write as if they're unfamiliar with the English language and grammar, but perhaps they're foreigners! Yes, you can simply ask a professional to come and sort out your problems, but please stop criticising others doing their own thing simply because of your own ignorance!

Have a nice day...

chas

Quote from: olive25 on January 01, 2020, 14:06:57 PM
if nothing reminded me more its this posting that tells me why i don't bother, not very good for people with genuine questions.

bryney whoever you are look up the difference between FTV & FTA thats all you nneed to hi gary got some curry and chips in our house, happy new yearto you and the family just tip them s//t god blessknow about whats ok and whats not.

Cartron

Gary, dont let a few knowalls put you off.  Some of us understand the difference between a Professional and the Jack of all Trades  and master of none types.
Happ New Year to you.

olive25

if nothing reminded me more its this posting that tells me why i don't bother, not very good for people with genuine questions.

bryney whoever you are look up the difference between FTV & FTA thats all you nneed to know about whats ok and whats not.

byrney

Whatever floats your boat mate!

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on December 20, 2019, 18:01:54 PM
Tets - I just don't bother.

I watch all you IT lot angsting about watch you can watch where and thank myself than other than watching Town, and F1 I don't really give a s**t about sport.

im just watching heartbeat bryns in shed wile doing up an old lathe , all the old cars,bikes,steam train & tunes ....does me anyway   :laugh:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

lmj52

Seems there’s loads of experts on here and people who know ****** all!
Reminds me of Brexit lol. :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

byrney

Tets - I just don't bother.

I watch all you IT lot angsting about watch you can watch where and thank myself than other than watching Town, and F1 I don't really give a s**t about sport.

steveconway24

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on December 20, 2019, 17:05:58 PM
I am so happy that I only want "normal" telly, and if I want to watch some sport I just go down to the bar!  Sounds like a nightmare for you sports buffs.

bryns,so what sport can yer watch if yer a brit....i mean what do we exceed in.....snakes & ladders,drafts that sort of thing is it  :laugh:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

King

Quote from: sat on December 20, 2019, 16:47:43 PM
Quote from: Rtis on December 20, 2019, 16:27:59 PM
Is it possible to get " catch up" with a 1.9m dish and a box, what box ? Just asking 'cos we get a few channels on a 1.2m dish, but the 'net went on the blink last night so no (IPTV)  reverted to the dish.
Yes it is.
With a Sky+HD box, Sky subscription, internet connection, and a smart DNS running on the Sky+HD box you can get the full range of UK catch up services.
With a Humax Freesat HD or Freesat+HD box, internet connection, a router running a VPN or Smart DNS service, you can get iPlayer, ITV Hub, Demand Five, UKTV, (note there is NO All4 on Freesat).

Yes, but do remember the catch-up services are transmitted via the internet, not by satellite! So, if as you say your internet goes on the blink, then you won't receive the catch-up services by any means, whether you're using a Sky box, a FreeSat box, or an android box!

Tetley

i just bought a 20 quid box from china and have juans free telly,it all works a treet and the china box has a bought a 100 years viewing in it ie everything,films,box sets ,infact the only telly i watch is channel 4 news.....just in case i start to get uk glass half full...ie brings mi back down ti earth.... :laugh:

byrney

I am so happy that I only want "normal" telly, and if I want to watch some sport I just go down to the bar!  Sounds like a nightmare for you sports buffs.

sat

Quote from: Rtis on December 20, 2019, 16:27:59 PM
Is it possible to get " catch up" with a 1.9m dish and a box, what box ? Just asking 'cos we get a few channels on a 1.2m dish, but the 'net went on the blink last night so no (IPTV)  reverted to the dish.
Yes it is.
With a Sky+HD box, Sky subscription, internet connection, and a smart DNS running on the Sky+HD box you can get the full range of UK catch up services.
With a Humax Freesat HD or Freesat+HD box, internet connection, a router running a VPN or Smart DNS service, you can get iPlayer, ITV Hub, Demand Five, UKTV, (note there is NO All4 on Freesat).

Rtis

ray

Quote from: byrney on December 18, 2019, 21:29:39 PM
"On this topic, I am simply saying no-one who accesses the UK catch-up services or buys a large Satellite dish would be doing anything illegal."

Really? Are you absolutely sure?

Can you provide details of the legislation which allows this?

No, I didn't think so....
Using a satellite dish and a Freesat receiver to receive free to air channels is not illegal, using a sky card is breach of contract. So basically receiving un encrypted channels is legal. As regards receiving Iplayer well that's another story becuase a vpn or smart dns is required. Why worry let people use whatever they wish, if they get caught so be it.

Cartron

Didnt think  so !!! 

King

byrney

King

Quote from: byrney on December 18, 2019, 21:29:39 PM
"On this topic, I am simply saying no-one who accesses the UK catch-up services or buys a large Satellite dish would be doing anything illegal."

You've caught me out Bryney! I know of no law which says I'm permitted to watch BBCiPlayer outside the UK or erect a large satellite dish in Spain. Equally, I know of no law which says I'm permitted to breathe!

However, I understand Spanish copyright law expressly permits internet downloading, streaming and torrent sharing for personal use provided it is not done for financial gain. If so, then presumably the legislation you're looking for does exist! I'll leave others to find it. Clearly UK copyright laws, which are much stricter, have no jurisdiction in Spain.

The same copyright laws are likely to apply to the receiving of satellite signals. As to legislation on satellite dishes, perhaps you should ask the Town Hall: there must be scope for them to make those explicitly legal by issuing licences and making a bit of cash in the process...

In the meantime, I've withdrawn my earlier comments.

byrney

King

byrney

Clearly King, you are one of our IT "experts".  Not heard of you on here before, but assume you have a business which will offer a fully legal service?

Are you saying that what you offer is perfectly 100% legal?

If so, I'm sure there'll be a lot of interested people.

Cartron

Its not surprising that professionals dont come on here to give advice to a query .
I know whose advice I would take. Colin or Gary with years of experience  in the field and in Arboleas  will come to your house ,  assess your needs and  look after you in the event you have any problems.
Job done.   I dont care if its fudged or circumnavigated or whatever as long as it works.

King

King

byrney

Oh you mean it's illegal then, Colin?

It just seems that King purports that his system is perfectly legal and above board....

cool solutions

Hi King

So your Iplayer I take it you have to use a vpn or smart dns to 'fudge' your way around geolocation ? which is intended to prevent viewing outside of the intended viewing area ? :laugh:

MigMan

Thanks for all your replies, has anyone had dealings hs with the total entertainment package or indeed have it, as I have lots of problems with mine still on going. Be interested to know if it's just me regards

Rod

I have used Colin for several years at two different houses. He has set me up with the 1.9 dish and have no trouble getting all the channels that I require.

shadeseeker

I would recommend Gary too,he set us up with a 1.9dish and a Humax box several years ago and we have never looked back. We have Freesat and I have every channel that I want.
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)