EU Citizen ship if offered ?

Started by Tetley, December 09, 2016, 19:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Tetley

More or less,the EU will drag em out for 2 years once  A50 is served,then the UK will be told to either EU  buckle down and shut up....or X  off and shut the door on yer way OUT,as my kid said to me this morning... Greece take 2.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

mel20

Let's face it .......Brexit just ain't gonna happen

Tetley

webejamin

Fing is, by the sound of it, they could have come from anywhere. Asians and Africans are trying it on all the time.
Bit of remoaner scaremongering again methinks ::)

Karen4

I gather the Dutch lady's application couldn't be processed because she didn't submit the correct documentation, ie her passport. Same problem with the German chap. Nobody actually told them to leave the country. If it is conditional that an original passport must accompany the application for permanent residency then it must be provided. Same thing in any country, really. More whining and gurning from snowflakes, nothing more than that.
Cl3880

Tetley

Tetley

Tetley

Tetley

Apparently..... its off the table again.........so anybody under 70,get yer work gear pressed ... we will be maning the care homes,feilds & NHS  on 7 quid an hour after the great  return..... :wink:   :laugh:

im gonna see how many times i can get the sack...over a 12 month period once im back in the  UK  employment loop... :))

might get channel 5 in.... see if i can make a" UK  secrate silly basket programe"....... :))

casablanca

Quote from: gus-lopez on December 12, 2016, 16:23:24 PM
Quote from: casablanca on December 11, 2016, 15:00:33 PM

There have been about 30 replies to Tetley's original post and the only one that has answered the question he posed is Tetley himself. Does that make this an  :offtopic: record???

You didn't understand this then
" Go on ,put me down for a dozen. lol"  ?  = Yes.

No, I didn't understand so you are correct.

gus-lopez

Quote from: casablanca on December 11, 2016, 15:00:33 PM

There have been about 30 replies to Tetley's original post and the only one that has answered the question he posed is Tetley himself. Does that make this an  :offtopic: record???

You didn't understand this then
" Go on ,put me down for a dozen. lol"  ?  = Yes.

I see we are now concerned that WTO rules might not be possible as it requires agreement from ALL 160 members & the Spanish, Argentinians , Various other nations with an axe too grind mean the UK would be struggling to renew the agreement.

Tetley

anybody know were i can buy an EU  flag   :)

Tetley

Morning mi European Citizen Luvlies ( ie all of yer  :))  )     turned out nice this end again   :) 8)

thought for today..... Brexit means Brexit..... unless yer directly effected,then its best to be Just British European... like me  :laugh:

plus its probably gonna be a lot cheaper for yer as well.....ie  been IN Thee You wi ME ... And yell still be able ti use yer Cassa when yer wants ti Escape  UK Camp Rexit !without needing  EU chipping ! :)

Gotta Dash im tecking head off mi Lombardini And hi head nutts is seized   :shocked: TTFN    :wave:

casablanca

Quote from: Tetley on December 09, 2016, 19:19:33 PM
There is some talk in Euro Circules that Brits may be offered EU citizen ship.....assuming the UK ever leaves and opts for a hard type non free movment Brexit

so would you be intrsted,even if it means undermining the Brexit.

ie would our Brexit voting home owners take the offer up,or say NO on Priciple that Out means Full Out.

genuine Question

i would take out Euro citizen ship as long as its not megga books   :tiphat:

Tetley

:offtopic:

anybody got a set of piston rings in there tool box for a classic LD 96 Lombadini ....stress full Sunday   :lol:

mel20

gus-lopez

Quote from: Tetley on December 11, 2016, 11:44:38 AM
Quote from: PhillipJLloyd on December 11, 2016, 10:45:15 AM
Perhaps we form a new club, British Europe,, invitation only !!

Im just hoping that once mi EU citizen ship is re done,im not surrounded by moaning Brexit means Brexit..... Brexiters,using there houses on the 90 day Visas ,still moaning abought the EU.......and paying in...... from the OUTSIDE.

bless em........ :laugh:
:lol:

Tetley

Quote from: PhillipJLloyd on December 11, 2016, 10:45:15 AM

Im just hoping that once mi EU citizen ship is re done,im not surrounded by moaning Brexit means Brexit..... Brexiters,using there houses on the 90 day Visas ,still moaning abought the EU.......and paying in...... from the OUTSIDE.

bless em........ :laugh:

zilnor

I am English 1st, British 2nd , and European 3rd.  :lol:
We were all Europeans long before the Common Market /EU  happened.

PhillipJLloyd

Tetley

Quote from: PhillipJLloyd on December 11, 2016, 10:33:48 AM
Quote from: ajc on December 11, 2016, 10:15:06 AM
As i am not to clued up on all this subject of the EU , i ask one question , if it is a good club to be
in why is it then the UK cant get a good deal because the EU feel other nations will want to leave
if they do , it seems to be a very insecure club ?

:clap: :clap:

Are all you new 21st century Europeans, as Tetley says,  European first, British second, or British first, European second ??

im a 21st century British European  :)

PhillipJLloyd

As i am not to clued up on all this subject of the EU , i ask one question , if it is a good club to be
in why is it then the UK cant get a good deal because the EU feel other nations will want to leave

:clap: :clap:

Are all you new 21st century Europeans, as Tetley says,  European first, British second, or British first, European second ??

Tetley

the uk has the best deal aready,its in charge of its own borders because its not in Shengen,its also in charge of its own money ie intrest rates,not part of the euro currency,however were europe has gone rong is trying to align member states with the euro and the fedral mangment of the euro,lead by Germany the strongest Euro econamy,ie one shoe fits all

basikly the good that will come out of brexit vote,the Italian vote  and trumph,is its showing the polys that the punters have had enough.

UK citizens been offered EU  Citizenship maintance should be very intresting   locally  :)

zilnor

ajc
The EU fat cats are very worried about the population of other member states wanting their own reffos. That is why they intend to make it as difficult as possible for the UK to exit. I believe that the overbearing political monster the EU has become, rather than the trading block for which it as originally set up, will break up within the next five years.  I keep saying that far right wing groups are gaining ground across the EU. I am not surprised, and I dread the thought of 21st century Hitler types gaining power.

ajc

Tetley

Quote from: nibbler on December 11, 2016, 07:01:41 AM
I would simply ask. Can any of us believe a single word that comes out of a politicians mouth. EU or otherwise????
Nibbler :tiphat:

I think the problem is for the EU  side is they know that the UK  is European,ie only 17.4 mill voted out and if its going to cost money or freedoms yer can probably knock that down to well under 10 mill ,however a hard/firm deal will need to be offered,for the EU  the harder the better,as this will diswade other members from voting OUT.

basikly the only way for this to work from the EU  side is to screw the uk to the floor,and if the Brexit can be fully undermined by offering those of us ,that class ourselfs as 21 st century EU  citizens,then all the better.

however i still think the UK  isnt capable of leaving with a deal ,wont split the UK Union, the  Lawyers will be at this for years,and the country is run by banks & finance ,power/money so i dont think anybodys going anywere fast.....even IF article 50,s Served.

:outtahere:

zilnor

Nibbler
Unfortunately, your statement is correct. The majority of people don't trust the majority of politicians . Everyone I talk to here in the Midlands says " Politicians ? They all the same, only in it for what they can get out of it " . But I have received a Christmas card from my local MP ! So that's ok then !  :lol:

nibbler

I would simply ask. Can any of us believe a single word that comes out of a politicians mouth. EU or otherwise????
Nibbler :tiphat:

guest14507

Karen. When I say cut them adrift I mean in the same way the UK government "freeze" the state pension and stop NHS treatment if you move to certain countries, (Canada, South Africa, New Zealand and many more), if they were to do that to people in the EU once the UK leaves the EU.

Karen4

Why would you want to cut the ex-pats adrift from the UK? If they pay tax there, for example, there are quite strong ties including nationality! You can't "cut adrift" someone from their country just because they happen to currently live somewhere else! I don't think for one minute any host country would "pick up" the costs of pensions and health care, especially not when people have paid into the UK system for 40 years or so!  :lol:
Cl3880

guest14507

Cielos.   It would be nice if the ex-pats were cut adrift from the UK, their host country would pick up the cost of pensions and health care, but I fear it would come down to a simple mathematical equation, do we spend more than it would cost. I don't think it matters how much tapas and coffee we consumed, it wouldn't be enough to cover the cost.

Cielos

Quote from: junepeter on December 09, 2016, 20:25:33 PM
I personally do not think Spain is in a position to offer this to, not only the British, but all the other immigrants that reside in Spain. Plus I cannot imagine what the reaction of the Spanish people would be.

Probably a lot less polite than the British people have been to the hundreds of thousands of migrants from inside and outside the EU - many of whom have brought their extended  families and who represent a hefty net loss to our economy

It's about time that something worked in the favour of ex pats, isn't it???

gus-lopez

Quote from: casablanca on December 10, 2016, 13:55:43 PM
Quote from: Tetley on December 09, 2016, 22:20:50 PM
how i grasp it,is yer would keep yer standard uk deal,ie pension uk meds,but have access to move travel live work in any of the other 27 states,but yer may possible have to sort yer own out of uk meds out,as you would do in Ausi or the USA ,ect

this to me would bring the UK  back into the European comunity once the older Brexitter genaration had passed,ie the youngsters would probably be /are more euro friendly in 20 years time,or sooner,if the brexit tits up,s the UK.

however i posed the question realy to see if our Brexiteer home owners would take up the new free movment citizenship deal post brexit if its offerd ,or say NO,stand by there Brexit means Brexit vote,  and take there chances with going down the 90 day short stay visa route in the worst  case of a hard no auto free movment Brexit

basikly will our  forum Brexiteers take the EU  peices of Silver if offered ie to maintain there EU  citizenship post UK Brexit,  to carry on useing  there Spanish homes 24/7 365 days a year OR  will they stand by the UK full EU  OUT and decline the EU  maintaining of there current EU citizenship.

S, 
You make a good point about maintaining a euro friendly environment for future generations, it is not right they should be "held back".

Don't think you will be getting to many replies from Spanish resident home owning forum brexiteers, so I will reply on their behalf, if it suits they will take the EU pieces of silver.

Only to keep the peace in  the UK & not have to start disposing of the Judas exiteers. :thumbsup: :tiphat:

casablanca

Quote from: Tetley on December 09, 2016, 22:20:50 PM
how i grasp it,is yer would keep yer standard uk deal,ie pension uk meds,but have access to move travel live work in any of the other 27 states,but yer may possible have to sort yer own out of uk meds out,as you would do in Ausi or the USA ,ect

this to me would bring the UK  back into the European comunity once the older Brexitter genaration had passed,ie the youngsters would probably be /are more euro friendly in 20 years time,or sooner,if the brexit tits up,s the UK.

however i posed the question realy to see if our Brexiteer home owners would take up the new free movment citizenship deal post brexit if its offerd ,or say NO,stand by there Brexit means Brexit vote,  and take there chances with going down the 90 day short stay visa route in the worst  case of a hard no auto free movment Brexit

basikly will our  forum Brexiteers take the EU  peices of Silver if offered ie to maintain there EU  citizenship post UK Brexit,  to carry on useing  there Spanish homes 24/7 365 days a year OR  will they stand by the UK full EU  OUT and decline the EU  maintaining of there current EU citizenship.

S, 
You make a good point about maintaining a euro friendly environment for future generations, it is not right they should be "held back".

Don't think you will be getting to many replies from Spanish resident home owning forum brexiteers, so I will reply on their behalf, if it suits they will take the EU pieces of silver.