Chinese Supermarket?

Started by Elle1971, September 22, 2012, 12:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elle1971

Quote from: Monty1 on September 24, 2012, 16:24:31 PM
I have bought fish sauce from the man on Arboleas market that sells all the Indian spices etc.
It was a few months ago but I assume he still keeps it.
Thanks Monty - looks like that's all ingredients covered.

Thanks again everyone for all your help! Very much appreciated xxxxx
I'm not easily distracted, I just... ... ... Oh look!! A puppy!!
Find me on Facebook. I don't bite... often.

Monty1

I have bought fish sauce from the man on Arboleas market that sells all the Indian spices etc.
It was a few months ago but I assume he still keeps it.

Elle1971

Quote from: girasol on September 24, 2012, 14:13:04 PM
Everything on your list except the fish sauce, sorry.  Claire
Oh that's great Claire! I shall pop in to see you in the next week or so. Elle xxx

girasol

Everything on your list except the fish sauce, sorry.  Claire

Elle1971

Quote from: ramblarider on September 22, 2012, 17:06:15 PM
The other place you will find quite a large selection of Chinese (and Thai, Japanese, Indian, etc.) ingredients is 'Home Sweet Home' in Turre. Next to the supermarket on the corner at the end of the main street (Mojacar direction). It looks like a DIY/Kitchen store from the outside, but also has a wholefood/deli section on the right as you go in. Girasol in Albox will also special order stuff for you.
Lovely lovely - thanks again! Elle xx

ramblarider

The other place you will find quite a large selection of Chinese (and Thai, Japanese, Indian, etc.) ingredients is 'Home Sweet Home' in Turre. Next to the supermarket on the corner at the end of the main street (Mojacar direction). It looks like a DIY/Kitchen store from the outside, but also has a wholefood/deli section on the right as you go in. Girasol in Albox will also special order stuff for you.

Elle1971

Quote from: gus-lopez on September 22, 2012, 16:25:43 PM
The chinese todo shop in Águilas sells all sorts of food stuff , rice wine , etc. It is in the old Mercadona along the road in from San juan end & opposite the Tobacconists , Ortega.
Sounds like just what I'm after - thank you very much!

Elle xx

gus-lopez

The chinese todo shop in Águilas sells all sorts of food stuff , rice wine , etc. It is in the old Mercadona along the road in from San juan end & opposite the Tobacconists , Ortega.
The Vera one doesn't sell much food that I could see the other day. This one is a trade supplier as well
There is a large chinese wholesaler in Lorca but it is trade only , no public access.

Elle1971

Quote from: CT on September 22, 2012, 14:10:07 PM
Might be a good tactical move to have a meal at one or both of those restaurants before you start asking for their help !
;D ;D ;D

CT

Might be a good tactical move to have a meal at one or both of those restaurants before you start asking for their help !

Elle1971

It's because it's a pdf... not a web page as such... and needs a pdf reader such as Adobe in order to instal it. I wouldn't post anything dodgy.

AVG screened it as safe too.

Elle xx

lmj52

Take care with the above link. My firewall stopped me accessing it, McAfee issued a warning too
lmj
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Elle1971

Elle1971

Thanks everyone - that's great. Yeah... maybe if I ask nicely, the Wok owner and Linda might tag my list onto theirs for me. Have done that before when I couldn't find stuff.

That Wok Buffet (if it's the one I'm thinking of) has a Buy One Get One Free on for the next week. I saw the link to the voucher somewhere yesterday. I'll see if I can find it again.

Elle xx

CT

Why don't you have a word with Linda, the manager at the Happy Garden Chinese at Los Llanos. Am sure she
would tell you where they buy their stuff, she's very helpful.

carwyn99

Might be worth you visiting the Wok Buffet Restaurant in Albox and asking the owner where he gets his ingredients from.

It might be somewhere local.

verwood

That place is actually a large TODO shop

areboy74

Theres an asiatic supermarket on the vera to garrucha road, almost opposite the Vera Hotel.
Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail!

Elle1971

King saint 76

The nearest one I have come across is in Alicante, anyone know of a nearer one?

Elle1971

Quote from: ramblagirl on September 22, 2012, 12:09:00 PM
Try Girasol in the street that is opposite Rricebusters.
Thanks Ramblagirl. Much appreciated. That's not a Chinese supermarket though is it? Am planning to pop in there anyway next week (as well as The Corner Shop and Pricebusters), so will have a nose at what they've got. Am after Chinese pancakes, rice wine, fish sauce, lemongrass,  and a few other Chinese bits. It will save my Father in Law bringing it over... and gives me more room to fill his suitcase for him :D

Elle xx

ramblagirl

Try Girasol in the street that is opposite Rricebusters.

Elle1971

Hi everyone. Settling in well... and have already started meeting up with some forum members, which is great!!

Does anyone know if there is a Chinese supermarket in Albox? I'm looking specifically for foodstuffs... so I don't mean the Todo shops.

Thanks!!

Elle x