Sky Plus HD box help

Started by Made In Albox, October 25, 2012, 12:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elgin

On our SKY+ HD box the menu system is very different.  To reset the default transponder you have to:

1. Press the SERVICES button

2. Press the right scroll key (the button to the right of the SELECT button) once to highlight (turn yellow) the SETTINGS tab

3. Press the down scroll key (the button below the SELECT button) to highlight the PICTURE tab

4. Press the "0" button followed by the "1" button and then the "SELECT" Button.

5. After about half a second a new set of menu tabs should appear (if not go back to 3, make sure the PICTURE tab is highlighted and try again)

6. Press the right scroll key (the button to the right of the SELECT button) once to highlight "Tx'ponder".

7. Press the down scroll key to highlight "Frequency" and enter 12051 then press the green key.

8. It should then come up with "Channel Scan" - wait for this to finish - it can take a minute or two

9. When the channel scan has finished press the SKY button and you should be back to 998.  If this does not work go back into the transponder setting (steps 1-6 above) and make sure it is set to 12.051 if it is reboot the Sky box (unplug for a few seconds and plug back in again).

sparkiemike

:wave

satalite dishes at dawn

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mike

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

cantabrian

Quote from: el sid on October 25, 2012, 15:32:32 PM
No I ain't taking credit for it. But I can say it came from you many moons ago. Thanks! I just beat you to it as wanted to help out a fellow member. Have you got a problem with that or did I just beat you to it.

Quote from: coolsolutions on October 25, 2012, 14:45:53 PM
El sid

That procedure looks like it was written by an expert !

I hope your not taking credit for it LOL

Regards

Colin

CoolSolutions

BIT FIERY !!! Chill out a bit !

coolsolutions

It was only a joke ! keep taking the tablets
CoolSolutions,Colin Baldwin

el sid

No I ain't taking credit for it. But I can say it came from you many moons ago. Thanks! I just beat you to it as wanted to help out a fellow member. Have you got a problem with that or did I just beat you to it.

Quote from: coolsolutions on October 25, 2012, 14:45:53 PM
El sid

Regards

Colin

CoolSolutions

Made In Albox

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
All works fine now.

coolsolutions

El sid

Regards

Colin

CoolSolutions
CoolSolutions,Colin Baldwin

guest4538

Quote from: el sid on October 25, 2012, 14:23:38 PM
Digibox Reset Procedure

Power on Procedure.

If at any time the Digibox functions incorrectly remove power waiting 30 seconds then re-applying power. Wait for 30 Seconds for Digibox 1 Minute for Sky + boxes.

Press Standby button on either the remote control or on the top of box. The stand by light will change from red to green. If red light remains illuminated and the unit does not respond, remove power and repeat the above.
If listings do not appear or no satellite signal is displayed then perform operation described below.

Reset Procedure.

A    On the remote press the Services button,

B    Press button No 4 (System setup).

C    Press the 0 button.

D    Press the 1 button.

E    Press Select.

No changes will be displayed on the screen during this operation.

Installer setup menu.

Press 6 (new Installation); Press select until scanning message appears on screen. If message no default transponder found is displayed. Press select to modify settings.

Enter 12.051 in top line followed by save new settings. Press select again until scanning appear.

After the end of the scanning procedure, channel line up complete will be displayed. Channel 998 will be displayed, Digibox is ready for use.

Thank you Freesat for making life so much easier than Sky!

el sid

Digibox Reset Procedure

Power on Procedure.

If at any time the Digibox functions incorrectly remove power waiting 30 seconds then re-applying power. Wait for 30 Seconds for Digibox 1 Minute for Sky + boxes.

Press Standby button on either the remote control or on the top of box. The stand by light will change from red to green. If red light remains illuminated and the unit does not respond, remove power and repeat the above.
If listings do not appear or no satellite signal is displayed then perform operation described below.

Reset Procedure.

A    On the remote press the Services button,

B    Press button No 4 (System setup).

C    Press the 0 button.

D    Press the 1 button.

E    Press Select.

No changes will be displayed on the screen during this operation.

Installer setup menu.

Press 6 (new Installation); Press select until scanning message appears on screen. If message no default transponder found is displayed. Press select to modify settings.

Enter 12.051 in top line followed by save new settings. Press select again until scanning appear.

After the end of the scanning procedure, channel line up complete will be displayed. Channel 998 will be displayed, Digibox is ready for use.

CT

Why not ask the satellite fitter to e-mail it to you ?

Made In Albox

My UK sky plus HD (using only free channels) stopped transmitting BBC & ITV HD a couple of weeks ago, and now transmitting nothing at all. When the sattelite fitter reprogrammed it the first time he left a print out of steps to reboot and if needed the frequency to recalibrate the box. Obviously I have lost that sheet and wonder if anyone would have the details on hand? Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks