Possible Gas Scam

Started by knights5154, October 29, 2012, 18:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louise

They adapt cars and shirt to look official.
http://www.arboleas.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=67768.msg357801#msg357801

I would say to anyone: decide for yourself if you want work done or installations checked and if so, contact them yourself, but don´t trust anyone who just comes by.
It is a rip-off these contracts and insurances and if you let them into your house, they can take keys, money,...and/or look around what´s there to come back later.

Optomist

You were right 1st time , its a scam , the junta do not police Gas connections and as for a data base , yea right . WHY  .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

knights5154

Made In Albox

Knowing what village where will be a big help......

knights5154

My neighbour has received a visit from 2 guys saying they are from the Junta, checking as she has no gas certificate.  They have told her she needed a new piece on the pipework outside as a safety measure and gave her a new contract for 5 years.  I think this is a bit fishy but as they said there were from the Junta and that they have a central database showing who has and has not got a certificate, she agreed to the work.  I dont believe that they are genuine as I dont think they have been to anybody else in the village.  Does anybody have any further info plse