Anyone driving a Freelander (97) ? How de-activate DHC ?

Started by Louise, October 29, 2012, 21:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roboman

Light for hill descent comes on when there is a fault with the abs system and for other reasons, i have a repair manual for that vehicle , good idea to have the ecu read for dtc,s
Illegitimi non carbonundrum

ES

ES

James Bond

Hello - its my car and my 2 daughters need to get in the airport of San Javier in Murcia today the latest at 7 pm.
Is there anyone hidding to the airport today from region Albox who can take them ?
Thanks so much !!!!

Louise

Thank you so much for the replies and pm. I forwarded the messages and possible instructions.
As far as I know, it is not solved yet, but she is very busy today, so I hope to give an update soon!

Orsinosouth, I found what you described also on the net. But we live at more than an hour drive from eachother (she´s in Almanzora) and we could take only a look at her car yesterday late afternoon when it was already dark. (+ absolutely no experience with a 4x4...)
I hope it is just this simple button/switch...it has all the signs: drive slow on the motorway but no probs with steep hills in the campo.
Bit weird it is switched on and does not give a light or sign on the dashboard....

orsinosouth

the yellow switch is on the gear stick,it`s a yellow trigger that you push in and at the same time you push down the lower part of the gear stick.
when activated the symbol loulou showed you luminates green on dash,then to deactivate the same but lift the bottom bit and the light will go off.
my freelander is a 2002 model but I would have thought it is the same ?

Elgin

manjon

If in doubt have a look on Youtube, we do, never failed us yet. Good luck  :)

Louise

Thanks Loulou, No such button there as I remember...
I hope that someone driving the same car can give instructions and she can solve it.
As far as we could find something on google: in first gear or reverse you can pull or push something yellow, but we were not able to find out what and how.
Other search told us that it is disengaged when going from 1st to 2nd.
It might be specific for this car ???

loulou

Usually on a 4x4 the "Hill Descent" button looks like this:

Just press it and see if that turns it off

Good Luck

Loulou :wave

Louise

Our friend is driving a 4x4 Freelander of 1997. She has no manual of this car available.
Her husband always drove this car but unfortunately he is not around anymore...
It is at maximum speed of 80-90 km/h (not possible to drive faster) so she has the impression some button was pushed to activate the HDC (hill descent control) of the fourwheeldrive...
Can this be true and if so how can she undo this?

Thanks in advance.