Premier League Chat

Started by Biggin, August 10, 2018, 22:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John and Sue

Yes Bill they outplayed wolves the first half, but did not take advantage of their dominance, second half was a different game.
VAR, they will  have to sort it out, to long between the decisions, the supporters dont know when to celibate. and if a goal is disallowed they celebrate that more than if they had scored.
I think in time it will be a good thing but dont spoil the game of football

John

Biggin

Last week I wrote this
"Well Untd won 4-0 but it was only Chelsea they were playing  :laugh: :laugh: but we wont get carried away Chelsea could have been ahead at Half time having hit the post and the bar , but 2nd half much better from Untd But it was an open game and therefore much easier to get behind the defence, against a team that is packing the defence could well be a different story.
However I liked the energy in the team even Pogba was moving quicker but a little to often a bit slack"

Well this week we played Wolves and that packed defence, waiting to hit on the break, well Untd totally dominated the first half great energy, when we lost the ball there was two /three players onto the Wolves man and we were back in possession the passing was slick and fast but the occasional loose ball from Pogba and McTominay and Lindgard, but for all the possession we only had 3 shots at goal one of which was a well constructed goal .
The second half as expected saw Wolves start at a higher tempo and a well worked corner led to a very good goal and for a while they were putting Untd to the sword but then normal service was resumed  and Untd started to dominate and this resulted in a Penalty kick that was well saved by Patricio although why Pogba took the kick remains a mystery after Rashford scored with one last week.
Just a note on VAR  I thought in the case of where a player was marginally offside that linesman was supposed to keep his flag down and if a goal resulted then VAR would come into play , that unfortunately did not happen last night linesman straight up with his flag and ref blows up . On replays it was questionable if martial was offside ( Think the Linesman was a Wolves supporter :laugh:)
So Untd let slip 2 pts  but other than that I suppose we can be heartened by the display, its just we must learn how to break down packed defences

Biggin

Well Untd won 4-0 but it was only Chelsea they were playing  :laugh: :laugh: but we wont get carried away Chelsea could have been ahead at Half time having hit the post and the bar , but 2nd half much better from Untd But it was an open game and therefore much easier to get behind the defence, against a team that is packing the defence could well be a different story.
However I liked the energy in the team even Pogba was moving quicker but a little to often a bit slack.
Has to be an encouraging start  for the Team
Liverpool & Man C coasted to their wins  , West Ham supporters I would not worry about this result some good football played and you will be okay.
Spurs left it late v Aston Villa but got there in the end , Villa looked good and I think will be difficult to beat
Arsenal were nothing great v Newcastle and got a 1-0 victory for Newcastle I think they will be in trouble this season
Did not see any other games so cannot comment

Biggin

Quote from: Dunedin on May 27, 2019, 19:49:46 PM
It appears that Newcastle are about to be bought by a Sheik from the UAE for £350 million. He tried to buy Liverpool last year for £2 billion. Terms are said to have been agreed and he hopes to complete asap.

That could make Newcastle a very strong team especially if Benitez stays as Manager and they give him a good transfer budget

Dunedin

It appears that Newcastle are about to be bought by a Sheik from the UAE for £350 million. He tried to buy Liverpool last year for £2 billion. Terms are said to have been agreed and he hopes to complete asap.

Dunedin

Football fans wanting to go to the Champions League final in Madrid are complaining that EasyJet and some others are charging around £1,000 for the flights instead of £250 or less due to demand.
The fans should remember that when they book to fly in future.

Dunedin

Complaints have been recieved by Uefa from a club or clubs in Europe that ManC have broken financial rules. Allegations come from a series of leaks in a German newspaper. Calls are been made to ban ManC from European competition next year. ManC claim the accusations are false.

Dunedin

In the news today, Bolton AFC have gone into administration. With the amount of money coming in through the gate I would have thought the administrators could sort something out to keep head above water, at least to pay of the players and the creditors and then wait for a Chinese, Arab or Russian buyer wanting to launder some rubles.

Biggin

Well Man U really F****d up there last games 1 pt off the bottom two teams in the league. Did they give the job to Ole too early. In the last 9 games he has had 5 losses 2 wins 2 draws . If he had started that way I don't think he would have got the job.

I said when he was appointed I did not think he was the right man but he started so well and everyone was raving about the results. however when the results turned he has been unable to stop a bad run .

The top brass now have big decisions to make do they sack him or stick with him back him in the transfer window and see where it goes.

In fairness he has said there will be no quick fix and a number of the Academy boys will be in the pool next season. I think a lot will depend who they are able to sign during the summer.

Another thing that wont help is if they don't get a Director of Football in soon then we will be left with the Useless Mr Woodward .

If all is not going well I think we could be looking for another manager by Xmas. I hope I am wrong

Biggin

Just a bit of fun who do you think is the team sheet champion results revealed after this weeks post complete !!! ::) ::) :laugh:

Posted under wrong topic

Biggin

Quote from: MAZ4929 on May 08, 2019, 22:48:01 PM
Quote from: Biggin on May 08, 2019, 22:30:00 PM
Spurs come back from the dead Mora getting a third goal in the 96th minute for Spurs to go through on away goals.

so we have two teams who both came back from 3-0 to win

going to be quite a final just hope the fans behave themselves

Very well done to both teams correct me if I am wrong but is this the first all English Final
No I remember Manchester United played Chelsea in a Champions League final in Moscow back in 2008.

Well Done I had forgotten about that one not often that 2 English Teams contest the Final

MAZ4929

Quote from: Biggin on May 08, 2019, 22:30:00 PM
Spurs come back from the dead Mora getting a third goal in the 96th minute for Spurs to go through on away goals.

Very well done to both teams correct me if I am wrong but is this the first all English Final
No I remember Manchester United played Chelsea in a Champions League final in Moscow back in 2008.

What is important is not only to attain victory for democracy, it is to retain democracy.
Nelson Mandela.

Biggin

Angleseyite

Biggin

Looks like it will be Ajax in the final they are 2-0 up at half time  3-0 on aggregate ::)

Dunedin

Well the Reds certainly did the Liverpool fans proud last night. I hope they meet Spurs in the final. :wink

Dunedin

If I was Ole I would have a few of the academy players in next week at least you would get some effort from them

Both Man U and Arsenal blew their top 4 chances with draws against lower opposition

I have always had the opinion that the top teams play a different game to those at the bottom and become unpredictable and out of step in the way the play, which catches the top teams out.

Biggin

If I was Ole I would have a few of the academy players in next week at least you would get some effort from them

Both Man U and Arsenal blew their top 4 chances with draws against lower opposition

Dunedin

I hope for his sake, Ole got his contract signed by a witness as it seems to be all coming apart.

Biggin

Well a bit of luck for my Fantasy team this week. Pogba and Son Not Been doing it for me over the last couple of weeks so one free transfer who do I sell given Bournemouths some times génerous defence and Son Not playing mid-week made a good case for keeping him. Pogba has Huddersfield away and Cardiff at home so a good case for keeping him. In The end I thought that Spurs have Been jaded of late so I sold Son, what a good decisión that turned out to be as Son gets sent off, Lucky escape or what  ::) :shocked: :laugh: :laugh:

Dunedin

Quote from: Biggin on April 27, 2019, 07:17:13 AM
Well I just wonder at times how they work out the Bonus points in Fantasy Football here is last nights Bonus points

Salah  2 goals 1 assist        3pts
Mane  2 goals                    0pts
Robertson 2 assists            2pts
Trent Alex. 1 assist            1 pt

seems crazy to me  I would have thought  Salah 3 Mane 2 Robertson 1 ::) ::) ::) ::)

Maybe they have Dianne Abbott working it out with the help from Trump.

Biggin

Well I just wonder at times how they work out the Bonus points in Fantasy Football here is last nights Bonus points

Salah  2 goals 1 assist        3pts
Mane  2 goals                    0pts
Robertson 2 assists            2pts
Trent Alex. 1 assist            1 pt

seems crazy to me  I would have thought  Salah 3 Mane 2 Robertson 1 ::) ::) ::) ::)

Dunedin

Being a big follower of ManU Biggin may have shared my thoughts on the clubs rediculas ups and downs in recent times. Let's say it was the players that got rid of Mourinho through a string of losses, which led to the change of manager. Since his arrival the change was immediate with ten wins in a row. This has been followed by many losses which in many cases the opposition was not up to the standard of ManU. So I ask myself while clutching for a reason. The fans a few years ago were protesting against the owners who were milking the club dry. Could it be the renewed hatred but this time from the players against the Glazier's, who continue to rob the company and give out large loans to family, which will probably be written off.

Just a thought.

Biggin

What a shambles Man U were today it has to be the worst display I have ever seen from a Untd team outfought, outplayed and totally outclassed by Everton today and with the way other results went today missed the chance of going 4th.
Big changes need to be made and there needs to be a clear out that will take 2 or 3 transfer windows to complete. These playesr need to take a good look at themselves yes some may have talent but the effort they are putting in is Zero.
Defeats you can accept but not in this manner Pogba, Martial, Lakuku , Rashford, Matic  all need to really look at themselves none of them was prepared to stand up and take a grip of the game they trotted around is if it was a training match .
Ole now has a problem for Wednesday and I would be tempted to play a couple of the Academy boys at least from them you would get effort.

The way forward Rumour has it Real Madrid are interested in Pogba let him go Lakuku can go as well and there are others holding out on new contracts hoping for more money on this performance there is none of them worth half of what they are earning now.

I still have my doubts about Woodward he has recently given a 5 year contract to Martial and if memory serves me  a short time ago he gave Jones a 5 year contract for me he would be the first out the door.

A few months ago there was talk about a Director of Football this has to happen and sooner rather than later, and in the summer we need a couple of defenders , couple of midfielders and a striker.

Untd will not win the title next year, but have to see it as rebuilding probably for the next couple of seasons, but I would be happy if they are competing in every game and not just going through the motions (as today was) and top 4 finishes would be suffice in this period

John and Sue

Yes Bill I agree, dont seem to be having much joy playing against 10 defenders,
I think wolves need at least three top class players next year, Money is not a problem so I wonder who they can attract

Cheers John

Biggin

John I was making the point about the number of points lost against lower teams , that in itself showed how well they have done against the bigger teams.

However that is something they will need to sort out next season this year against the bigger teams they were able toplay on the break something they have done very well but against the lower teams where Wolves have the majority of possession and opponents play for a draw they have been unable to break them down.  So next year find a way to do that and you could be quids in

John and Sue

Hello Bill

You say about the points they have dropped against bottom team, you have not mentioned what they have done against the top six.
John

Dunedin

Well ManU needed the luck to finish in the top four, now a miracle is needed. Interesting point for Biggin. Has Ole lost more games than Mourinho before he was sacked, also is it going the way it went with Mourinho, i.e. getting unpopular with the players maybe, as he is not winning matches anymore.

Biggin

Just looking at Wolves and the points they have dropped I looked at the Current Bottom 6 in the league as of today and they have dropped 19 pts  against these teams and I think they still have to play Fulham

Huddersfield  6pts dropped
Fulham         2pts dropped
Cardiff          3pts dropped
Brighton       2pts dropped
Southampton 3pts dropped
Burnley        3pts dropped

Just think where they would be in the league if they had picked up these 19 pts ::) the answer 3rd or 4th dependent on GD :laugh:

Biggin

yes its going to be interesting by all accounts should have won last night but defensive mistakes and sending off cot Untd dear. It is obvious were Ole needs to strengthen in the summer and that has been obvious for years

Further defensive woes will be suspension of Shaw for reaching 10 bookings. However it is going to be interesting as all the top 6 are meeting teams from that group so all could lose points in the run in , but it will obviously be very hard for Untd to achieve the top 4 , but who would have predicted that Untd would even be in this position considering where they were at Xmas

Dunedin

I would say that ManU need a bit of luck to finish in the top 4 after last nights game against Wolves. They need to win 5 games out of the last 6 to finish in 4th. Unless Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea mess up as they all have a game in hand over ManU.

Biggin

Chelsea can count themselves extremely lucky to get a win at Cardiff despite more possession they were doing nothing and went behind just after the interval. In the game they survived 2 strong Penalty claims a Red card decision (yellow given) and scored an offside Goal not  even close easily 1 yard off how the linesman missed it I do not know then they score the winner in stoppage time.

Cardiff extremely hard done by roll on next season and the use of VAR  if it had been in use here it would have been at the very least a draw

Biggin

Well that's Liverpool blown their chances of winning the league Draws against Leicester, West Ham, Man U and Everton has seen City overtake them , and Klopp coming up with poor excuses yesterday it was the wind to blame and couple of weeks back it was the snow ::) ::) ::)
Really his squad is not big enough and are now running out of Steam especially midfield and upfront.

What about Brendan Rogers first game with Leicester having got their selves level into injury time the play around the back eventually having to pass back to Smeichel  who had a poor kick straight to Watford player who passed it forward to Andre Gray who was between to defenders collected the ball and promptly put it I the back of the net.

Its a personal hate of mine players playing around at the back when not necessary and oh so often get punished

Biggin

Man U injury crisis 9 senior players unavailable for tomorrows game 3 academy players in the squad only one of which has played in the first team ::)

Biggin

What a performance from Man U yesterday having lost Matic in training ground injury, they overcame tremendous problems on the park to come away with a draw.
Henderson crocked Rashford in 4 mins  then in the next 20 mins Untd lost Herrera and Mata to injury, on comes Lingard (just back from injury) goes off injured in the 43rd min after bringing out a excellent save from him.

United did have the ball in the net but was marginally offside, Liverpool may have dominated possession but it was united that had the better chances Alison making a number of saves and II cant recall De Gea having to make one.

Ole staking a big claim to that permanent Managers job