Main Menu

BOLTON WANDERERS

Started by Biggin, September 13, 2018, 09:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolton

Thanks for all that Biggin but yes I have been following it, our man with the money during Big Sams days died on tuesday, Eddie Davis apparently he wrote off 200million when he sold the club. Would of hoped we could of won today for him, but alas ,alak we lost at home again. Seems we are going to have a better away record this season(with a bit of luck). Still Stoke were leading 0-2 then only managed a draw 2-2. Oops thats not promotion form.

Biggin

Stan I did not realise you were so close to not having a team to support

Bolton Wanderers say they have avoided administration after agreeing a deal to pay off their main creditor BluMarble Capital Ltd.

Owner Ken Anderson had warned the Championship club was due to be placed in administration after an initial offer to repay the firm was rejected.

Bolton had offered to repay a ?4m loan plus interest but have not confirmed the financial aspects of the deal.

They have, however, avoided punishment from the English Football League (EFL).

Administration would have drawn a 12-point deduction and a two-year transfer ban from EFL.

But terms of a settlement were agreed with the finance firm to ensure that they did not lodge papers at the High Court on Tuesday.

In a statement to supporters Anderson apologised for the "consternation" caused but said that the last few days had been "very complex and far from easy".

He also confirmed that loans from other creditors had been extended on better terms than before, saying it would save the club around ?1.5m moving forward.

"I believe the club now has one of the lowest debt positions in the Championship," he said.

Bolton took out a loan with BluMarble in 2015 and according to the Bolton News there is a funding gap for the next 12 months of up to ?13m.

Wanderers, who were promoted from League One last season, almost went into administration in November 2016 and faced a winding-up petition over unpaid taxes last summer.

They also cancelled a friendly with St Mirren in July after players went on strike claiming they had not been paid wages and bonuses owed to them.