Exhibition at Museum Pedro Gilabert Arboleas

Started by Peter and Frances, June 03, 2014, 08:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

annef

I would certainly recommend going to visit this exhibition.  A lot of time, effort and thought has clearly gone into the presentation of the information and there are many poignant stories to remind us all of what these men had to endure and the impact on their families.  It was good to see the support of the Mayor and other councillors on the opening day.  Well done to the Zurgena RBL   :clap: :tiphat: :clap:

Tetley

Its intresting stuff,the kids were shown a first world war film here in a history class wich was graphic,a lot of them thought it was just" a film" until it was pointed out it was actual footage,then the mood changed to a lot of empty faces in the class.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Peter and Frances

The Zurgena Branch of The Royal British Legion is presenting an exhibition in recognition of the sacrifices made by
ordinary Men & Women during World War 1

The exhibition opened last night and I would like to congratulate the people who collated the exhibits which were very moving and an insight into the personal lives of not only those who made the ultimate sacrifice but to all those brave people who fought and to the families left behind.