OMEPRAZOL MEDICATION RECALL

Started by MAZ4929, August 09, 2019, 19:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJH3

All drugs have side effects. All drugs react differently to different people. All drugs come with risks.

Nothing new. What makes me wonder is some people reach maturity and are surprised by such facts having learned nothing.
You only need to read the information sheets that accompany  all drugs . All you need to know is there. 

Elgin

We all need to be careful.

1) The recall is of specific batches from just one manufacturer

2)  The are well know issues with regard to the long term use of Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) (omeprazole, esomeprazole, lansoprazole etc).  HOWEVER, there are benefits to many from taking them as well and, as with most medication, it is often a balance between the benefits and the possible side effects.

I take omeprazol(e) to combat GERD caused by Obstructive Sleep Apnoea.  Keeping the GERD under control keeps my asthma under control too.  Accordingly, I take omeprazol(e) (20mg) daily during the allergy season (spring) but outside this time I am only allowed (by my Doctor) to take it once every 3 days.  This keeps the GERD under control but means I have sufficient stomach acid to deal with infections etc.

If you are concerned about taking omeparzol(e), or any other medication, speak to your doctor don't just stop taking it.

dazbear

Thanks for this. Not long started taking this, so will look for an alternative

lorrydriver

If you produce too much acid then you run a high risk of throat and stomach cancer so take your choice

PandJ

What do you mean , this is what my GP advised if you wish to ignore feel free, just sharing what I was advise by a DOCTOR take from it what you wish
PandJ

byrney

As usual.  Mixed messages.  Will we ever learn the truth about anything?  No, I didn't think so!

It's called covering their arses.

PandJ

I have been taking this for several years but on my last visit to my GP (UK) was advised to reduce the dosage or change medication as new research suggested potential risk of stomach cancer due to insufficient acid in the stomach.
Have now completely come off this medication
PandJ

terina

MAZ4929

The following maybe of interest to anyone who takes Omeprazol the anti-acid, stomach liner regularly. 

The Agencia Española de Medicamentos y Productos Sanitarios (Aemps) has ordered that a certain brand of this medicine be withdrawn from pharmacy shelves.

The brand is Omeprazol Ph.Eur. Farma-Química Sur S.L., which is produced in India by Smilax Laboratories Limited.

It was on the 11th of July that the AEMPS ordered a recall of lot number 11072/10/42, which has now been widened to include a further 22 lots, all with an end-of-shelf life of March 2021. These lot numbers run from: 11072/10/41 to 11072/10/63.

The reason behind this decision, according to AEMPS, which comes under the Ministry of Health is its “Potential result outside specifications in the identity test.”
What is important is not only to attain victory for democracy, it is to retain democracy.
Nelson Mandela.