Certificado fontanero

Started by longsands, February 17, 2015, 13:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawn

I read with interest about Fontarboleas being a certified plumber. The dealing with have had with them so far:
When we first bought our house here we called them in for the gas safety certificate. They checked everything and issued the certificate. I can't remember the cost but, when my husband checked the fire connection it was only finger tight and there was a leak in the copper pipe. This is the same gas fire that had no flue installed inside the chimney breast either by Chimenea Martinez but, I digress and we didn't die through carbon monoxide poisoning.

We then bought a range cooker from the UK with all the appropriate fittings including a one way gas valve for a gas bottle connection (£59 worth). We then (don't ask me why) got Fonterboleas in to connect this for us, and also for them to put our gas water heater on an outside wall. With the appropriate certification for both. Lovely.

The 'gas engineer' turned up and we gave him the connection kit. He then blew down the (one way) valve (the wrong way) and declared it blocked (well it would be as the valve was doing it's job in not letting gas go back up the tube). He then got to work and started soldering copper pipe for the connection. His gas bottle had run out of gas so my husband lent him his gas to complete the job. Halfway through the job and a lot of head scratching the gas engineer called in his mate to help. His mate kindly held the connection copper pipes whilst the professional gas engineer put a blow torch to it to solder it together. Well, I may not be a gas engineer and a mere woman but I thought...either his mate is 'nails' or that is going to hurt in a few seconds. The scream from the gas engineers mate did startle us all (including the dog) and I administered first aid to his burnt fingers. By then we were getting a bit concerned.

The gas engineer came back after lunch and started on the boiler, he did a lovely job of this and I cleared up and made tea and paid him 320 euros for his work. He was going to pop back with the certificate as he didn't have the paperwork with him at the time. Three weeks later we collected from the shop. Lovely.

The main sewers. When they (Fontarboleas) got the contract and started to prepare and connect the main sewers (we watched a huge puffo was dug outside our house about 5 years ago). Last year, as more an more people connected the we noticed a bad smell and that our little puffo was filling up...weekly and costing us 100 euros a time to have it emptied 6 times. Lovely. My husband did a survey and concluded that the puffo's (x3) down our road weren't actually connected to the main system and the sewerage was backing up (yes, we know what always runs downhill). No inspection cover either to check his theory. We went to see Danny in the town hall. Danny and the Mayor called out Fontarboleas who admitted that it was not connected to the mains. They dug down about 3 foot to get into the puffo and yes, it was full to the brim. It took 3 trips by a huge puffo lorry to empty it and it then got connected across the road. Lovely. Fingers crossed it is working okay but, wish they would come along and fill the hole in properly.

The story ends well though. My mum had a water leak and the man from Fontarboleas came out found the leak, spend all day making things right for her and only charged her 80 euros whcih she got back via her insurance. Mum says he was a lovely man who loved her cake. Lovely.

You may read this and think it's just a whinge but, it's not. Just another Spanish story I thought you would all enjoy and you did get a happy ending after all.

byrney

Well, that's not our experience of Galasa.  When we arrived we were on "builder's supply" for a few months until the development was complete.

We signed a piece of paper with Galasa requesting the supply and one day we simply switched over.  I recall no problems at all.

Maybe we were just lucky, and/or that our builder did everything right from the start?

Elgin

When you want to get a water connection (or even just want to know if you can have a water connection) Galasa asked for a mountain of paper.  When we looked into it a number of years ago we estimated the cost to be €500 - €700 just to find out if a connection was possible - we told Galasa to "buy one get one free".

byrney

Oh right.  Thanks for that.  Seems a bit strange though that the Electric and Water Companies don't want to do their own checks.  Oh well, the Spanish way of keeping local businesses afloat I suppose.....

gus-lopez

If you have no water & they then connect you they issue a 'boletin' ,a  "certificate" that states that.
Same as the electric company want a 'boletin' that your electrics have been properly connected & are up to the specified standard.

Tetley

bryns
if you buy an old farm house or even a modern villa,the water board may insist that they have a bollotine from a registered plumber,befor they connect or re connect the supply

its a sort of ITV  for yer plumbing,without the headlamp check  ;D

( same goes for electreco,but then you would need a registered& certified  electrical person  otherwise you could end up with a shock & flood  ;)  )
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

byrney

I must be being a bit thick this morning (?) Tets, but I'm still not clearer as to what a "Certificado de Fontanero" is.

Yes, I reckon it must be a certificate from a Registered Plumber, but for what?  Maybe it's just I don't understand what a "bolletine" for a water connection is?...

Tetley

A certified plumber ( not mentaly certified  ;) just one whom can issue a bollotine for a water connection )

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

nic.spato

Quote from: byrney on February 18, 2015, 07:27:40 AM
Just purely out of interest, what on earth is a Certificado fontanero?  I've heard it mentioned before, but haven't got a clue.

HA ha...we must have had the same thoughts at the same time ! ;D

nic.spato

Quote from: longsands on February 17, 2015, 13:40:05 PM
Can anyone recommend a firm were I can obtain a Certificado de fontanero, and approximate cost please. 

Kind regards

longsands

Don't wanna appear thick, but as a "newbie" to Spain, can I ask what is a Certificado de fontanero.. ? ???

byrney

Just purely out of interest, what on earth is a Certificado fontanero?  I've heard it mentioned before, but haven't got a clue.

longsands

Many thanks for the information Amanda and Tetley.

Kind regards

longsands

Amanda Oakley

I have used Fontarboleas recently (Arboleas industrial estate - opposite Mora petrol station)
Cost of the Boletin was €30.00
I hope this helps
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

Tetley

Quote from: longsands on February 17, 2015, 13:59:26 PM
Thank you for replying Tetley.

Using Google Earth, would that be the Comercial Fontarboleas across the road from the Mora-Oil Garage?

longsands

That the one,they issue the Bolitins for water connects and have a shop.   :tiphat:

longsands

Thank you for replying Tetley.

Using Google Earth, would that be the Comercial Fontarboleas across the road from the Mora-Oil Garage?

longsands

Tetley

If your in Arboleas there is a plumbers merchants just off the Magic rounderbout directly across the road from the olive oil factory & garage,they should be able to help.

:tiphat:

longsands

Can anyone recommend a firm were I can obtain a Certificado de fontanero, and approximate cost please. 

Kind regards

longsands