Another distraction theft

Started by Titch, April 17, 2009, 12:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mercurian

Quote from: Titch on April 17, 2009, 12:46:15 PM
Everyone knows a woman doesn't like to be parted or lose sight of her beloved handbag.  Where else should it go?

Open for discussion and suggestions.

Titch

If I am in the car on my own I sit on the handles and let the bag sit in front of the driver's seat.  That way it is safe and out of sight of anyone who might look into the car.

Anne

John n Julie

Thats my girl DOT!!
                       JUST A SHAME YOU DID NOT GET THE ILLEGITIMATE PEOPLE.
Regards
          John
p.s. yes I was shouting well done you!!!!
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

thetidders

Thats the way to do it Dot!
Hope everyone reads this & does the same.

Jean
Jean & Vince Tildesley
ILLIA!

judi bk

dotandroy

We have been aware that there are some not ver nice people operating in and around the Charter Supermarket recently stealing handbags etc after distracting the owners at their cars, well they picked on the wrong one today!!!!

They tried it on the wrong person today!!!  Me!!!!

I had stopped off at Spanish homes to talk to my friend Carly,  so Roy decided to walk down to the Charter Supermarket.

After leaving Spanish homes I got in the car and noticed that a dark grey metallic fiat had pulled in behind me and stopped, I drove down to outside Consum waiting for Roy to come out and as normal had the car door locks on.  Within seconds of pulling up, the same dark grey Fiat pulled up behind me and bibbed their hooter, when I looked around I noticed that there were two males in the car aged approx 23-25, Spanish in appearance, well dressed, shaved, and short hair.

I wound down my window and the passenger asked for directions to Alicante (bit lost I would say!) anyway I digress, I pointed in the direction that they were travelling and it was obvious that they wanted me to get out of the car, I disappointed them, I told them and showed them that I had my handbag and that it was staying in the car with me, at this time I was aware that another male of similar description was now walking in front of my car (and trying not to be noticed), I looked down to find a pen to take a note of the car number, and when I looked up the car and all men had sped away.

Sorry, no number taken this time but equally no bag taken either. :D

Dot
respect is a two way journey, please remember that

Titch

I've just heard of another distraction theft. This time in La Alfoquia. Whilst parking the car the woman was approached by a smart young man who spoke in English and Spanish. The next minute the handbag was pinched by number 2 and they were legging it to a red Altea down the road.

We women carry so much in our handbags.  The loss of cash and credit cards is bad enough but having to go through the hassle of replacing various Spanish documents doesn't bear thinking about.

I don't know what the answer is?
1. Be aware is obvious but we are too polite for our own good sometimes. 
2. Carry less- not very easy.
3. Use a bum bag or as the Americans say a 'fanny bag'
4. Don't put your bag on the passenger seat.  Everyone knows a woman doesn't like to be parted or lose sight of her beloved handbag.  Where else should it go?

Open for discussion and suggestions.

Titch