Basuras bill problems

Started by Roger, June 16, 2009, 12:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digifidd

You're a star, Roger.  I wish someone would do the same for Albox residents!

Roger

I have posted a list of the undelivered basuras bills for Arboleas, and a list of some of the people who are on the register more than once.

This is on
www.arboleasnow.com

Roger

Frustrating.
Someone came into the office today. 2 weeks ago he went to the basuras office to change his bill to DD.
Not sure if they did it correctly.
BUT when I checked the current register they simply ADDED him to the list, not changing the entry.
So now he is on twice.
So another trip to the basuras office wit a letter in Spanish telling them to delete one of the entries. (he hopes).
The most common error is two entries, one using the passport number and one using the NIE.

We have got one fifth of the way through the register and found 5 people on twice, and one on 3 times. I assume they have only one house.
Amazing how many people are paying too much.
Also most of the addresses on the register are meaningless.
So how many people have debts stacking up and do not know it.

HogRider

Quote from: Roger on June 16, 2009, 12:35:57 PM
If you are having a problem with your basuras bills in Arboleas you can come into the Advice office to check the details.
If you have been in recently and I have not e mailed you please come in to collect a form in Spanish.
Remember it is your responsibility to ensure that the Basuras Office has the correct info.

Typical problems are ...

Two bills for one house.

Incomplete address so bills not being delivered.
(I still have many returned undelivered).

Change of ownership, so problem with postal delivery.
Not registered for basuras.
(They will back date to when you had your escritura).

The girls in the basuras office do not speak English (why should they) so I have produced forms in Spanish, onto which we can put the page and entry number in the register.

All very well and good Roger but having told the office several times that there has been a change of owner AND funded a fluent Spanish Speaker to  make sure that they understand AND set up the payment my bill  via direct debit. Still the incompetents raise a bill in the name of the last owner who didn't pay the basura bills I know because I paid them to 'allow' the Basura Peeps put my name against the property !  You couldn't make it up !

Hogs

Roger

If you are having a problem with your basuras bills in Arboleas you can come into the Advice office to check the details.
If you have been in recently and I have not e mailed you please come in to collect a form in Spanish.
Remember it is your responsibility to ensure that the Basuras Office has the correct info.

Typical problems are ...

Two bills for one house.

Incomplete address so bills not being delivered.
(I still have many returned undelivered).

Change of ownership, so problem with postal delivery.
Not registered for basuras.
(They will back date to when you had your escritura).

The girls in the basuras office do not speak English (why should they) so I have produced forms in Spanish, onto which we can put the page and entry number in the register.