MRW Couriers

Started by Bob The Painter, November 13, 2012, 14:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cantabrian

I even gave the albox mob a map from the spanish road atlas (mid may) the argument was ,that the map was in ENGLISH !!!

gus-lopez

Saffi

THe offices that cover Pulpi, Vera and Lubrin are definitely not the same calibre!!

Queen Clare Shirley

I work opposite the Albox office and see them everyday, she sometimes asks me if I know somewhere or do I know someone. I help as much as possible, Sometimes they cant find the property or try the home and no one is there.

They get very busy at Christmas and people have already started judging by the amount of parcels. Sometimes the address on the parcels dont make sense to Mrw.

They are always pleasant and seem very hardworking even being there on local holidays and weekends
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

LittleRichard

VIVA ESPAÑA

Saffi

How do you know this Little Richard and which office is it ? i know the Huercal Overa MRW office understands the job so is efficient and honest......

LittleRichard

MRW deliver at least 50-60 Amazon parcels every day aswell as other parcels.
Normally they come back with empty vans, might see 2-3 parcels per van come back
VIVA ESPAÑA

LittleRichard

Quote from: Saffi on November 15, 2012, 12:16:40 PM
......inefficient or lazy, no matter what, its a sypmtom of the typical spanish attitude to service - the customer is always wrong and should be inconvenienced, unless its El Corte Ingles or Zara home (and if they can get it right why can´t other companies? )

Spanish!!! Problems are everywhere

I used to run the kitchen in a large high street bar in the Uk, and at least 3 times a month I had frozen or fresh food left outside my back door which is next to a park just because I took more than 2 mins to open a door.
Some times it was out there for hours before any one found it.

Once i had a delivery of fresh meat which was left out side at 6am when the bar didnt open until 10, and they knew that.... (they had at least 3 phone numbers and they didnt call)
I spent most of the day on the phone telling the butcher that i am not paying for the meat as i couldnt use it, they said it was my fault. In the end i had to get the head office to call their Lawyers.

I had over 500 pounds of kitchen paper, toilet rolls, napkins etc etc left out side in the rain cos he didnt have a phone number and the bell wasnt working.

VIVA ESPAÑA

Saffi

Its not about phoning and insisting - I work and so do not have time to potter about like so many of you and I believe in providing the services I am contracted to provide to the very best of my ability, .......and I too have provided my mobile number and stated phone me or leave at a neighbour´s if we are not in, truth is they never even try and deliver......every other Courier has no problem ever finding us and there is never any messing around ........... I really don´t see why people have to get so rude and personal on this forum,  shouting in capitals and distorting what others have written, why isn´t there room for different perspectives and different needs?

cantabrian

IF people have to go into albox REGULARLY ,THEY MUST BE BORED!!!! IT is door to door delivery !! You are paying for the service !! And while silly people are content to go and pick up a package because some LAZY driver cannot do their job this place will never move on !!!!

Optomist

Quote from: Lynne on November 16, 2012, 10:19:56 AM
We always pick ours up from the depot on Albox as we track the parcel and know when it's due.  We have our telephone number written on our address label so if it's early MRW give us a ring.  We don't mind collecting parcels ourselves, after all we have to pick up parcels from the Correos if they don't fit into our post box so can't see the difference.

Dito , it works well for us also not the end of the world to pick up something from the office ,most of us regularly go to town for something or other anyway , Lot quicker and less hassle than messing about phoning insisting WE PAY FOR DOOR TO DOOR DELIVERY AND WE WANT IT ,  then having to be home to accept it .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

Lynne

We always pick ours up from the depot on Albox as we track the parcel and know when it's due.  We have our telephone number written on our address label so if it's early MRW give us a ring.  We don't mind collecting parcels ourselves, after all we have to pick up parcels from the Correos if they don't fit into our post box so can't see the difference.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

marge

I have Amazon UK parcels delivered to my office address without any problems at all.

Zeleris who are the distribution company for Movistar/Telefonica.........that's different altogether. I think they must employ idiots!

Saffi

Why isn´t Cantabrian allowed his own opinion CT?  It may suit you to amble in to Arboleas but for those of us who work or have limited transport it is not so convenient and even if it is allegedly FREE we are still paying for it somewhere.......if I contract a courier service then that is simply what I expect to receive.......

It is true that MRW offices do vary in their level of "service" but most of the experiences I know of, in various areas, are poor.  I am only 15 minutes from their nearest office to me yet they still play stupid games and claim to not know where i am, not be able to deliver etc etc.....when I actually found one of the delivery epople I asked why they did not use sat nav or a map and I was told MRW does not provide them with anything.........so its no wonder they struggle, I gave them maps to my place yet still they claim to not know where it is......inefficient or lazy, no matter what, its a sypmtom of the typical spanish attitude to service - the customer is always wrong and should be inconvenienced, unless its El Corte Ingles or Zara home (and if they can get it right why can´t other companies? )

CT

As usual Cantabrian introduces a negative thought; it suits me to go to Arboleas and then I can have a coffee,chat with friends etc.

cantabrian

They and dhl are total idiots ,if it does not suit the driver TUF !! If one is paying for door to door delivery ,that is what it should BE !! If some of you are content to swan around to appease these so called couriers , so be it !! SO SAD!!!

Elgin

I established some time back now that they will not come up our rambla but neither will the postman.  Occassionaly, I meet them in the village but generally I pick parcels up from their office in Huercal-Overa.  That way I can pick them up at my convenience.  The arrangement works well and bearing in mind it's free delivery (OK from Amazon.es "free" delivery costs €14.95 per year) I think the service is excellent and better than I have had from others.

CT

I've had items from them quite a few times. The young lady sent a text saying meet me outside Cajamar in Arboleas at 1100 (or whatever) and she was always prompt, no problems.

Saffi

MRW are excellent couriers - if lying about every delivery, and only ever doing what they are supposed to do, ie deliver from A to B, not pretend to deliver, to get the customer to go to the depot and save their lazy ***** the work..........is the spanish version of a courier......in one week we have had them say they had tried to deliver then when we phoned to rearrange they said they did not know where we were.....so which one is true??? 

The only time you will get anywhere is by phoning the Madrid office, they understand service and expect the local ofices to actually fulfil the job description, ie be a courier and deliver to the door...............

teecee8

Some months ago we too received a telephone call from the Albox office saying that they could not deliver (a parcel from Amazon in the UK) to our village, Los Cerricos. They said they did not know where it was. Strange as we had seen their van in the village the previous day. We said we would not collect it as we had paid for delivery to our home. They said the parcel would be returned to the sender. We contacted the main MRW office in Madrid. The parcel was delivered the following day by the van we had seen in the village. What does that tell you, we ask ?

Val Keith

Hi John, if you live in Arboleas, which I think you do, you have to phone the Huercal Overa office, not Albox.

Bob The Painter

Quote from: DavenPam on November 13, 2012, 16:17:06 PM
Hi John, Dont forget you (or anyone else for that matter) can always have parcels delivered to the shop. The young lady knows us well. That applies to all the local couriers.

Thanks Dave, John did suggest that but as I had ordered and had deliveries from them before I didn't think they would have a problem.  Will certainly do so in the future though, will save a lot of hassle.

Cheers

Carole

DavenPam

Hi John, Dont forget you (or anyone else for that matter) can always have parcels delivered to the shop. The young lady knows us well. That applies to all the local couriers.
Former owner of Essentials in Calle Carrera, Arboleas.

Bob The Painter

Have just managed to speak with them and got it sorted thank you.   :clap:

Bob The Painter

Have received an e-mail saying they could not deliver to us today.  Does anyone have directions to the Albox office please?

:tiphat: