Butcher selling decent steak in Huercal-Overa or Vera...

Started by musicdonna, December 10, 2012, 08:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicdonna

We bought some.  It looked gorgeous.  Then i got waylaid putting stuff away in the fridge, left it on the floor in a carrier bag and the dog ate it!!!

sallyb

G & T agree with you, believe the butchers is called Leon. Bought some entrcote there recently, BBQed it my german friends said it was the best steak yhey had ever had.
Phyll

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Mercadona  do sell good thick juicy sirloin steaks - if you know where to look - what to look for - and how to cook steak ?
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

musicdonna

Richard,

Just about to go out so your timing´s perfect!  The butcher it is, then into Mercadona for a bottle of Campo Viejo Crianza or a Faustino...

Donna x

G and T

Hi Donna, I bought some steak last week from the butcher in the road opposite the entrance to Mercadonna, just up on the left.
The ladies in there are very helpful, and will cut it to the size you want. There Iberico is good too.

Richard.

musicdonna

Is there one, please?  We want sirloin or rump and my experience with Spanish steak, though limited, has not been good!  Failing that, we´ll go to the English butcher in Arboleas, but it´s the wrong direction.

Many thanks,

Donna