Dulux, Crown paints

Started by Staran, November 25, 2022, 11:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: Penhallow on February 21, 2023, 17:05:28 PMIs CAL the same as Lime ? Just that was what we used many years ago , bought it from a Ferreteria in 20 kgs polythene bags, White in the bag mix it with water and spray it on, Clear! next morning pure white wall.

its CAL /Lime but when i bought local it was the stuff they dab on the olive trees and was not suitable so i ended up with a company in Valencia but they want to bulk buy & ship wich i did because i had a lot of walls to paint lol
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Penhallow

Is CAL the same as Lime ? Just that was what we used many years ago , bought it from a Ferreteria in 20 kgs polythene bags, White in the bag mix it with water and spray it on, Clear! next morning pure white wall.

Tetley

Quote from: Dylanthomas2014 on February 21, 2023, 13:45:45 PMThanks will go to supin and ask what pain they have

no probs its and industry wide product for the older houses and modern paint effects there is loads of stuff on youtube about lime paints

also interestingly after heavy rains ,you can watch the damp rise up the paint with the lime paint then it just dry,s out again without any wall blow damage ,i got wizzed off with wall repairs about 3 years ago ,i repaired it all up then made my lime paint its been abought 80 % sucefful over the 3 years with a bit of patching to do this summer were as the plastic type paints just blew the wall plaster finishes after 2 years .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Dylanthomas2014

Thanks will go to supin and ask what pain they have

Tetley

Quote from: Dylanthomas2014 on February 20, 2023, 19:13:54 PMThanks no plaster blow as house built by local Spanish farmer  for his son and walls only smooth concrete render does this make a difference we bought  nearly 9 years ago and problem only really became a problem last 12 months so not too bad

if its good cement render it should be fine ,just scrap the wall and use a non plastic based breathable paint ie the lime,its what they use in the uk on all the historic houses to keep the damp down .

Dylanthomas2014

Thanks no plaster blow as house built by local Spanish farmer  for his son and walls only smooth concrete render does this make a difference we bought  nearly 9 years ago and problem only really became a problem last 12 months so not too bad

Tetley

Quote from: Dylanthomas2014 on February 18, 2023, 11:47:28 AMRelated question after 8 years (I know it's too long) but some of the paint on my interior walls is coming off due to damp what do I buy to prime the walls before  I repaint     Prefer to buy ready made than mixing my own if possible thanks

the problem is you wont stop the walls blowing unless there re done because the damp will just cary on coming, i make my own lime paint wich delays the blow because it allows the wall/paint to breath as opposed to the plastic type paints that hold in the water then blow the plaster ,so you need to ask for  a non plastic lime based paint that allows the walls to breath ,at a paint supply shop on the lines of this   https://com-cal.com/pinturas/pintura-de-cal-ecologica/

Dylanthomas2014

Related question after 8 years (I know it's too long) but some of the paint on my interior walls is coming off due to damp what do I buy to prime the walls before  I repaint     Prefer to buy ready made than mixing my own if possible thanks

Elgin

I use Jafep, Pintura Plastica from the local ferreteria (Ferretería Tapia, Huercal-Overa).  As above I add about 10% water otherwise it's a but too thick.

MoparAl

Tetley

Quote from: MoparAl on February 15, 2023, 16:24:23 PMHi guys, jumping on this thread if i can, what does everyone use to paint the outside white walls with ? i popped into a paint shop in Albox and what i looked at was over 75 Euro a tub !   

outside walls white lime & White cement ,but you will probably have difficulty getting the correct lime locally

so 2nd best La Panto Albox exterior White  approx 22e for 15 litres ad 10% water brush or roller  if you need colour ,just buy the colour tints and a paint whisk for the lecky drill

the wisk is about 7e
the tints are about 4e

MoparAl

Hi guys, jumping on this thread if i can, what does everyone use to paint the outside white walls with ? i popped into a paint shop in Albox and what i looked at was over 75 Euro a tub !   

Staran

Elgin
Thank you for this information, its very helpful.

Elgin

Dulux is a UK brand of Akzo Nobel in Spain the brand is called Bruguer but it is the same stuff.  You will get Bruguer paint in almost every paint shop and ot ferreteria.

Similarly Cuprinol is called Xyladecor in Spain

The websites are virtually identical too:-

https://www.bruguer.es/es/carta-de-colores/filters/b_bruguer#tabId=item0
https://www.dulux.co.uk/en/colour-details#tabId=item0

Staran

Where's the best place to buy Dulux, Crown paints etc, in the Albox and surrounding areas?
Thanks in Advance