Queen last night

Started by felipe, January 01, 2015, 10:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassBunny

They are doing a european tour this year, one to watch out for. Must admit it would have been nice if John Deacon was still playing with May and Taylor.

Pennydot

Agree with everything said here.  Queen are amazing, and nobody could ever be Freddie.  But Adam was also amazing without trying to copy or outdo Freddie in any way. Agree - the best thing on tele over Christmas.  I am now watching all the concerts recorded in the US - I could be here for the whole of 2015!

CT

10 million viewers in the UK watched Queen and  12.32 million watched the fireworks according to official overnight ratings.

musicdonna

Quote from: casabonita on January 01, 2015, 15:43:52 PM
Oh no you missed it they did do Bohemian Rhapsody, really enjoyed the concert.
For me the best thing on all Christmas!

Um...  Doctor Who came pretty close!!

Elle1971

Love Adam Lambert. We fell in love with him when he was first introduced to the world on X Factor USA. His version of "Mad Worold" is hauntingly stunning.

We said at the time he would be phenomenal fronting Queen, and Queen joined him on stage and proved that right. So pleased he's doing stuff with them now - Freddie would be proud I think.

Haven't seen the concert yet but will take a look.

Happy new year folks

Elle x
I'm not easily distracted, I just... ... ... Oh look!! A puppy!!
Find me on Facebook. I don't bite... often.

Challenger 383

One word says it all      Excellent,  best thing all Christmas.

bobthelook

Queen was excellent - I liked the screen images of Freddie - nice touch. Adam I felt had the right balance between strong voice and confident charismatic performance without trying to copy Freddie. All in all pretty darn good!  :D
Malayan proverb - Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

freddie

Absolutely love Adam Lambert since seeing him win x factor American style, he is so versatile and as others have said didn't try and copy the great Freddie - best show on the tele all over Christmas, too many really old films on and awful comedians xxxx

Ian Young

Absolutely brilliant, so glad that the singer Adam Lambert, who was fantastic, put his own style into the performance and didn't try to copy/mimic Freddie Mercury.

casabonita

Oh no you missed it they did do Bohemian Rhapsody, really enjoyed the concert.
For me the best thing on all Christmas!

zilnor

Yes, we saw most of this. Thought it was excellent and I was impressed with Adam Lambert.  :clap:

Tetley

To me...... its just a brilliant old school band,thats haunted by the biggest loss to the music bis in decades,Freddi and trying to re vamp it up again with an X  factor manufactured type singer.

we thought Brian May was fantastic ,but dont get the Adam chap especialy after seeing Paul Rodgers front Queen in 2008 Murcia live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJfvMRREeD0

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

crawdaddy

Adam Lambert is as camp as a row of tents and fits in so well with Queen.

Best one in the Spirit of Queen since the great Freddie Mercury.        :drinks:

musicdonna

It was phenomenal.  When they sang "we are the Champions" you thought, "Yep.  They are."
We only caught half of it so we're going to try to catch up on Catch-up!

alansue

I also thought Queen was fantastic last night and what an incredible singer Adam Lambert is. Great Music.

felipe

We stayed in last night and watched QUEEN on BBC1. What an incredible performance. Absolutely brilliant and it was all live. Only downer was that the BeeB did not show the encore which would most likely have been Bohemian Rhapsody because they had to keep to their stupid schedules. Other than that, it was great TV. Just a pity they had to put it on opposite Jools Holland.

These old rockers can show the young cloned 'artists' a thing or two. But there was one really good singer on Jools Holland (caught him whilst the firework display was been shown) Paolo Nutini. What a great voice and band this guy has and is from Paisley in Scotland.

https://www.youtube.com/user/paolonutini great song but really weird video!!