Digital Camera

Started by turner, January 27, 2014, 12:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turner

Thanks, Lisa and the other posters too, we-ll just get another cheap camera, because we are not really frequent users and with your suggestions we will be able to save or sort out any of old old pics.

Lisasbolt

Hi

If you do not get a camera with the same memory card. You will be able to take it into any camera shop, a few places in Albox and they will print off your photos and/or save them onto disc. I often do this with the disc just for backup.
I bet you will find it will be a normal sd card or micro sd, and if so you can get a sd card reader and then you can plug this straight into your computer and save them there

Lisa

turner

Graeme,
Thanks again,another option for me to look into.

turner

Graeme,
I take your point, that cameras are cheap which is why I haven't asked about getting it repaired. I'ts not something that is going to be well used anyway so I'm sure I'll pick one up  cheaply, it's just that there are some pics on the card that I'd like to keep and I don't know of any other way than keeping the card for use in another camera.
I'ts not easy being technically challenged. (lol)

turner

Thanks, we'll get the card and the manual out just to check before we start deciding which camera to buy.

ADVANCE Digital

Do you know the type of card? SD, micro SD, compact flash etc?

As long as your new camera is of the same type card you will be able to use it.

turner

Our camera has stopped working, it's quite old so we'll have to get a new one, however we'd like to keep the memory card, does anyone know if these are transferable?
Might sound a silly question but I can't find any info on this at all.