Regularised vs Legal?

Started by eric.e, January 11, 2009, 16:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linedancer

Roger

You seem well informed regarding Arboleas Council, do you work for them?

Roger

As I understand it, the process of registering the properties that already exist and are occupied is the first stage in making them legal.
After registration, and after services are provided if they are not already there, the land will then be included on an urban plan.

In Arboleas this is happening for all properties.
Most of the old properties(ie. going back hundreds of years) are on rural land, are not on the catastral, and do not possess escrituras.

My Spanish neighbours think this is quite normal.

As I see it there are two types of problems facing Town Halls.

The first is the easy one, and applies to probably all the illegal properties in Arboleas.
The builder drifted outside the approved Urban Plan. ie. Urbanisations encroached onto adjacent rural land.  When the registration is done the plan will then be adjusted to fit reality.

The bigger problem is in other areas, where whole urbanisations were built without an urban plan.
In these cases the legalisation could be more difficult, certainly if it is deemed that the land was not suitable in the first place (in which case they will remain irregular, to quote Luis Caparros), or if there is a problem in providing services.

eric.e

I notice that the AUAN site:
http://www.almanzora-au.org/Fact_Sheet_ ... _Legal.htm
tells us that:
"If your house is on rural land, it is illegal, period. Even if you are 'Regularised' via the 4 year rule, YOU ARE STILL 'ILLEGAL'."

Does anyone know any potential drawbacks of being Regularised but still Illegal?
Can one, for example, still sell the property (or does it belong to the Junta after the initial owners have died)?

Eric