Renewing spanish driving license

Started by Mrs BTG, July 16, 2012, 14:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs BTG

Hi all,

Just to say I received my new driving license after three weeks.

The girl in the office  doesn't speak much english.....

The office is two corners up from Dynos Computer Shop, near the near bridge in Albox....I dont have an address.....

If my renewal wasn't straightforward, I would use Mario as well....

Pat  :wave

valliant

Do they speak English at this ocffice as I may have problem my license expired in July last year whilst I was out of the country?

Spectator

Can someone give me a good adress, i like to change my Belgian driver license to a Spanish.
Can it all be done at the same office, medical paperwork and so on, or in diffferent places ?
Price indication and phone number or web adress would be lovely.

Thanks
If you think my English in writing is bad......... wait until you saw my Spanisch.

ES

Yes, blood pressure, eye test and co-ordination test are all very well, and they should adopt those conditions in the UK, but they should not stop there but introduce a "driving test" at age 70.  My father could pass all the medical tests however his driving had deteriorated so much the family thought him unsafe, but he wouldn't give up his car.  What stopped him was the intoduction of the Photocard license, it was too difficult for him to get his head arround, and he wouldn't drive illegally so stopped driving.

A proper driving test would sort out that problem, and out here get all the little white Renaults etc and little old men off the road.

ES

Queen Clare Shirley

there is a new one open in the same street as Federopticos Diz and just down from where simply the best was, its open every day and the dr in the evenings is the lovely Joenlle , the Haitian Dr who did a spell in Arboleas

Nice people too
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

Mrs BTG

Lynne,
I know what you mean about the "medical" but I think it is better than not needing anything as in UK.  B/P, eye test and co-ordination test must pick up some people that shouldn't be driving...

Calle Ramon y Cajal is the road connecting with the new bridge.

Thanks for posting the opening times...I forgot to take a note of them as I left clutching my tempoary license !!

Lynne

It's on Calle Ramon y Cajal, next door to a place that teaches English (I think it's called Westminster something-or-other).  It's around the corner from The Rambla Cafe and MRW.  My husband had to get a medical (if you can call it that... :whistle:) to change his British driving licence for a Spanish licence as he's 70 at the end of the year.  They don't do the paperwork for the change from British to Spanish - we've got Mario Redondo from Serfila to do that bit for us.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

PAX

The Office in Albox everyone is talking about, can someone please tell me where it it please.  Is this office only for  renewing Spanish Licences, or do they exchange British ones for Spanish ones.
Thank You.
Peter

Lynne

My husband went to have his medical about 3 weeks ago and the times on the door said:

Monday: 6pm - 9pm
Tuesday: 10am - 1pm
Wednesday: 10am - 1pm
Thursday: 10am - 1pm  &  6pm - 9pm
Friday: 10am - 1pm
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

ShinerW

Did mine 2 weeks ago as stated by another reply it is all done in office. They build your licence on their computer and it bypasses trafico as they then send it directly to Madrid where the plastic licenes are produced.
Cost me 50 euros and was back inside 10 days, am over 70 and my last one was valid for 2 years my new one is valid for 5 years.
The biggest change in the office is the opening hours they are now open 4 days a week and not just in the evening but I can't remember which days.

sandralos

It depends how old you are my husband is 66 and has to renew his again at 70 years. therefore 4 years, I am 64 so it is 6 years.

gus-lopez

It is only 10 years for cars & cars +trailers. If you have C1, vans & C1E vans with trailers then that part needs renewing after 5 years!

Mrs BTG

Last time we renewed at the same time, I got the new type and my husband got the old paper type...which was a bit odd.
Ten years is better than five.....

Thanks again for your input,

Optomist

Yes will be valid for 10 Years, and looks like the UK euro licence now instead of the pink cardboard ones with a photo stuck inside .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

bigtallgeezer

Thanks both.

I have just got back from Albox.....all done !! I have my temporary license, valid three months (spain only) and should have my new license in ten to fourteen days. I was there at 1730,and was seen straight away, although the hours are 1800 to 2000. Quite straight forward...went for a coffee while the temporary license came through....cost is 70 euros. I think they told me my new one will be valid for ten years, is that right?

Anyway, panic is (hopefully) over.

Thanks again,

Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

sandralos

Everything is how done in the office in Albox, ie eye test and computer test, plus photograph.  You only need your old licence, all your information is on the computer.  Only takes a few weeks to come back,  hopefully, well it do for us anyway.  Can not remember how much we paid.

gus-lopez

No just your old licence as the medical centres do the lot & despatch it direct to Trafico's computer.

Mrs BTG

I have searched for this topic and found one dated 2011.

I have just realised my driving license runs out in August, and I have a holiday booked ( and hire car) early september, so time is tight, before the august shut down.

Has anyone renewed lately? Are the times of the office in Albox still monday and thursday evenings? Do I just need my old license and two photos? ( and  75 euros, of course...)

Thanks in advance...