Junkers Hydropower heater??

Started by Cielos, February 20, 2013, 12:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cielos

gus-lopez

I've just changed from a WR18 with generator to one with a pilot light. After spending over 100€ on replacement parts on the generator I called it a day. I've also changed another one that was battery operated after the PCB required replacement at 120€+ !!
The only one , so far , that hasn't been a problem is a small 6l junkers on batteries , but then again it doesn't get used very often.

Cielos

Hi Gus

Can't find a sticker or any kind of number (have taken off the front section of heater)

Just wanted to know as I'm happy with what we have and don't feel the need to go for a more expensive model and figured as this models lasted a few years with few problems I'd stick with it - not a lot of technology on it to go wrong!

Just out of interest, what do you use as a water heater?

gus-lopez

The capacity is in the model number. I.E. if the model number is WR18 *** etc, then it is 18 litres/min. if WR11 then 11litres/min.

They are expensive the 18 l/min one can set you back around 4-500.

Normally when you take off the front cover there is a silver label on the left hand side with all the details on. Sometimes it is possible to look from underneath witha torch & read it.

Cielos

stean

We bought our junkers water heater from font arboleas for 350 euros. They are very helpful and the girl in there speaks very good english.
They are opposit the Mora garage.

stean

Cielos

http://www.junkers.cl/junkers-products/gas-water-heaters/gas-water-heaters/gas-4.html

Anyone know how much these gas water heaters should cost new?  Can't find price on the internet

Also, as it's a simple replacement for existing water heater, I'm assuming the labour shouldn't be a lot - how much sounds right to you?

Also, how do you find out the capacity of the heater

Apparently these come in 11, 14 and 16 litres - but I can't find anything on the heater which gives me clue as to which model we have

Many thanks