BIGGINS Predict A Score 2020/21

Started by Biggin, August 19, 2020, 18:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Hyde

It has been decided to move the new season predictor league to a new thread and retire this thread, so for this season’s predictions please use:

21-22 Predictor League in honour of Biggin

Thanks all see you on that thread.

Malcolm Hyde

Yes John, only battered children sported Sandwell Town.

John and Sue

Anyone that replaces the baggies is good with me, at school we used to say if you support the Albion ,you must have been dropped on your head as a baby. the rivalry will never change,

John

Malcolm Hyde

They replaced West Bromwich Albion, fair swap in my opinion!

doreen1

Malcolm Hyde

Good morning as promised here are the first game week matches.

BRENTFORD v ARSENAL

MAN UTD v LEEDS

BURNLEY v BRIGHTON

CHELSEA v PALACE

EVERTON v SOUTHAMPTON

LEICESTER v WOLVES

WATFORD v VILLA

NORWICH v LIVERPOOL

NEWCASTLE v WEST HAM

TOTTENHAM v MAN CITY

We have a great group of predictors, but there’s always room for more, so ask your friends etc. see if we can increase our numbers.

Good luck everyone.

Malcolm Hyde

During this weekend I will be posting the first set of fixtures for  the first game week, that will give you a month to sort your predictions.

What I am asking you all is do you know anyone else who might be interested in playing the Predictor League, if so please get them to log into this page and enter their predictions, I will then and them into the game.

Good luck in the coming season!

Malcolm Hyde

Thank you, you are welcome.

Dunedin

Quote from: Malcolm Hyde on July 12, 2021, 07:45:45 AM
After last nights disappointing result, only TimB, Princess Jax and myself called it right so the final points are
27 points Princess Jax
24 points Dunedin and Malcolm
23 points Albert, Bolton and TimB
21 points Doreen
18 points John

Hope you all enjoyed that it was a bit of fun the Premiership starts next month I will post the first set of fixtures later this week or early next week

I would like to say a big welldone for all your time spent and your efforts Malcolm. 😀

Dunedin

Quote from: Angleseyite on July 12, 2021, 18:01:38 PM
Quote from: Dunedin on July 12, 2021, 12:01:49 PM
Quote from: John and Sue on July 12, 2021, 06:31:39 AM
Its football not ballet dancing

Even rugby do not tolerate some of the methods of tackling used, some were even dangerous. I would have thought 6 yellow cards confirm it. 🙄

Dunders.
I've missed your sensibility, brilliant where have you been??? :kiss: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Lake District for a week. Mate. 😆

Angleseyite

Quote from: Dunedin on July 12, 2021, 12:01:49 PM

Even rugby do not tolerate some of the methods of tackling used, some were even dangerous. I would have thought 6 yellow cards confirm it. 🙄

Dunders.
I've missed your sensibility, brilliant where have you been??? :kiss: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Dunedin

Malcolm Hyde

After last nights disappointing result, only TimB, Princess Jax and myself called it right so the final points are
27 points Princess Jax
24 points Dunedin and Malcolm
23 points Albert, Bolton and TimB
21 points Doreen
18 points John

Hope you all enjoyed that it was a bit of fun the Premiership starts next month I will post the first set of fixtures later this week or early next week

John and Sue

Dunedin

While Italy were in my opinion the strongest side they must be the dirtiest of the current international teams. 😡

Dunedin

Only just made it back from a week in the Lakes.
Italy v England...............Away.😀
[/quote]

Bolton

Thanks for all Malcolm, looking forward to the football league.

Bolton

Come on call yourself supporters and everyone is going for a draw. There is only going to be one winner we know but if you support England then vote England.

For me its ENGLAND .

Malcolm Hyde

It’s a draw for me.

Unfortunately I think Italy will win on penalties, but remember the 2013 FA Cup Final, Man City 0 Wigan 1 so who knows!

Albert

timb

Thx again for sorting Malcolm.

A draw for me please.

Malcolm Hyde

Your welcome, Premiership next, that’s a marathon not a sprint, but let’s hope this has honed our predictor skills

PrincessJAK

Thank you Malcolm for all your admin in running this.  Its been fun for sure.  I am going to have to say for the final.

Draw   ...... England 2 goals in extra time, dont think I could endure another penalty shoot out, would be the end for Luke Shaw!

:grin: :kiss:

doreen1

Italy v England……………HOME

Malcolm Hyde

Good morning folks,

Only 2 people scored points with the semi final predictions,

2 points TimB
1 point   Princess Jax

Accumulative points are

26 points Princess Jax…….Congratulations on winning the Euro predictor league you can’t be caught!!
24 points Dunedin
23 points Albert, Bolton and Malcolm
22 points TimB
21 points Doreen
18 points John

Let me have your last prediction for the final.

Italy v England

PrincessJAK

Great selection Timb on the draw, not so sure about yours tonight though. :tongue:

John and Sue

Never seen England play good for years, too many back passes and scarred to give the ball away

PrincessJAK

Lets hope the England semi is anywhere near as good as last nights.  Which was possibly the finest match end to end, I have ever seen. :kiss:

Albert

ITALY  V  SPAIN away

ENGLAND  V  DENMARK home

PrincessJAK

Indeed, true dedication by some.

timb

Quote from: John and Sue on July 04, 2021, 17:41:08 PM
ITALY  V  SPAIN...................HOME

ENGLAND  V  DENMARK.......HOME

Strange how all 4 teams played all their group games at home . Just shows how it makes a big difference, no Traveling and changing hotels and training grounds,

You have to feel for the Denmark fans who paid an extortionate rate to travel to Azerbaijan, went through further expense in adhering to Covid protocols but can’t go to Wembley for the semi!

Italy v Spain draw
England v Denmark draw

John and Sue

ITALY  V  SPAIN...................HOME

Strange how all 4 teams played all their group games at home . Just shows how it makes a big difference, no Traveling and changing hotels and training grounds,

Bolton

ITALY  V  SPAIN.......AWAY

Looking forward to a great final. 

PrincessJAK

ITALY v SPAIN ………………………..... Draw

ENGLAND v DENMARK……………..Home

Could have been tactical and gone the very same as our big D who is resting in 2nd place!  However;  cant see Spain overcoming Italy in just 90 mins!  If I am wrong we have all to play for in the final, or i've grabbed it before :grin:  Good luck Southgate :kiss:

doreen1

ITALY v SPAIN ……………………….AWAY

ENGLAND v DENMARK………….AWAY